NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

Yeah, did one last night and just now just in case. Still won't connect. Says it's not in ranage and I'm sitting right next to it. I'll phone Google tomorrow or Saturday.

Brought it into work and it won't connect to anything so it's not an issue with my network.

I'm thinking I'm due for a phone upgrade. Jailbroke my iPhone 3GS shortly after I got it (iOS 4.0). Bitch to upgrade now without fucking things up. Lots of updated apps won't even work anymore.

An amusing bug in the text-to-speech system: Search for "What is a giraffe?" in Google Now.

Called Google and ordered a replacement no hassle. He said they had none in stock though so it's back to the waiting game again. :(

An amusing bug in the text-to-speech system: Search for "What is a giraffe?" in Google Now.

What happens? What happens!?

My HTC One X on O2 has finally received Jelly Bean *shakes fist at o2".

Feels a bit different. Definitely faster, what was green is now blue. Google speak is fun, I like the gallery "events" bit and the new keyboard is better. All seems very polished and nice.

Need to go have a look to see what the actual updates for Jelly Bean include and what HTC ones there were too as I noticed sense updated to "4+".

What happens? What happens!?

Seen as I just got updated I tried this. LOL WTF was that about an iPad.

I also asked her to do a barrel roll and she done it : peace:

Typical, WiFi is working again. ?_?

Edit: It's borked again...

Edited by Ike

I see the 16gb Nexus 10 has been back in stock on the UK play store for a few days now. No sign of the 32gb yet.....

I don't know why, but I want this oven

I can't wait until loads of household products come with Android and can inter-connect and be controlled from your phone/tablet (along with the WiFi lights and stuff).

Replacement Nexus 4 arrived today. Let's hope it lasts longer than the old one.

Edit: What does 'H' stand for on the connection bar?

Edited by Ike

I thought HSPA+ was 4G?

Anyone know if iPhone 3GS can connect to HSPA+? And whether giffgaff delivers HSPA+?

Cool, so it has a 'H' I'm guessing for HSPA+? I've seen this on android phones but the iPhone 3GS always reports '3G' so I really have no idea whether I'm capable of receiving HSPA+.

There is actually 3g, h and then h+. Not sure about your iPhone. It might not support the HSDPA band.

My phone is draining much faster than it used to. Looking at the stats the Android System is using up 30-40%. I'm sure that never used to be the case. Any ideas?

Have a look at Google+ is was tanking my battery at one point. I disabled it and seems much better now.

It could be Currents if you have it, that has a bug that causes battery drain. Turn off background sync.

Android guys,

Having a problem with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It keeps on saying 'Touchwiz has stopped working' and you can't touch anything on the homescreen. The buttons in the bottom bar still work.

TouchWiz is Samsung's own launcher. Need to stick with the same launcher as the tablet is used by someone in the company who won't be able to change.

Any ideas?

Can you get to settings somehow, using the notification bar? and then kill the touchwiz task and restart the tablet?

Can you get to settings somehow, using the notification bar? and then kill the touchwiz task and restart the tablet?

Did that, it just came up with the same error again.

I ended up removing all the stuff from his homescreen (widgets etc) and it seems to be working fine (or at least, he hasn't told me it isn't working).

Some people on Google think it is a RAM issue however I cleared RAM and it came up with the error and there was loads free beforehand too.

Currents got an update today, one of the bug fixes was to reduce the amount of data used so shouldn't be such a big battery drain... if anyone uses it.