NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

It seems like it should do. If they offer 50GB free to everyone who buys the phone, they can't then say - No, not you. You don't get it.

Ended up buying the Nexus 7. God, it is great! About 2 years behind the times here I'd imagine, but the siri-esque thing is really impressive. I thought that was just advertising guff but it works brilliantly!

Really impressed by Google Currents, and the Pinterest and Youtube apps are wonderful on it.

Freat piece of kit. Also totally pointless. Like, I definitely have no need for it in any way.

The shape of it is magnificent. I may actually do some reading on it - it's a great book size/weight, and Ice Age looks great on it, due to no massive borders.

The padded back is also a wonderful touch.

Man I wish Fopp did the Nexus 7. I have about £70 on a gift voucher for there.

Might pick this up soon. The plan was to buy the Nexus 4 with October's pay slip and 7 with December's but guess the 4 isn't going to be in my possession any time soon...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/46331/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-10th-anniversary-edition-coming-to-io.html

GTA: Vice City is out on the 6th December. It's $4.99 and is compatible with:

Android Phones: Motorola Razr, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD, Motorola Atrix, Motorola Photon, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, HTC One X, HTC One S, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Sensation, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note 1 & 2, Samsung S2, Samsung Galaxy R, Sony Xperia Play, Sony Xperia S, P, T & TL, Sony Walkman Z Series Media Player, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 4

Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 / 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Sony Tablet P, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Flyer, Google Nexus 7, Google Nexus 10

I presume it could work on others, but those are the tested ones.

Anyone used the face unlock on 4.2, it's much better and quicker than it has been.

What's like the Galaxy S3, but a bit smaller? The S3 Mini is getting average reviews. I'm recommending something to my Mum, she currently has the original Galaxy S but she finds the S3 a bit too big.

The S2 is a bit smaller, and still works great. It's still rather big though, but after having it for 6 months or so, it doesn't feel huge.

It annoys me that they cheaped out with the S3 mini. They could have made an amazing phone that loads of people would have bought, had they made it speedy, but with a smaller screen.

My girlfriend for the Galaxy Ace, but she's a bit disappointed with how slow it is compared to mine. If they could make something that is that size, but runs decently fast, i'm sure it would sell. (Basically the iphone....)

They did drop the ball massively with the s3 mini, big time.

What about the HTC one S, 4.2 inch screen, with a decent dual core processor and RAM.

The One S looks like a great choice. My fiancée has the Desire S which is essentially its precursor. My only concern is that it's from quite early this year and they probably have a new range round the corner.

The Razr i looks pretty sweet. But... I know this is going to make me look picky, but these days I don't consider Motorola part of the top runners in the smartphone world and would be wary reccommending it to anyone for that reason alone.

If my netbook gives up the ghost any time soon (it's turning itself off occasionally) I'll probably get a Nexus 10. I always swore that Netbooks >>> Tablets. And it's not that I've changed my mind, but the industry no longer has a place for netbooks. The hardware is the same as it was a few years ago. It's ultra books or tablets now, nothing in between.

Okay lets hope i phrase this right

how do you copy contacts from one source to another on a galaxy S3?

you see my contacts list is made up of icloud contacts (using an app) google contacts and microsoft exchange contacts, which isn't as such a problem, however i had a bug last week where it wouldn't open the messaging app (or receive messages either) as it kept crashing, and the only solution was a system restore, which screwed with my contacts list.

So how do i copy say all the icloud contacts to say Gmail? or do i have to find some way to manually do it via a web service for gmail or something?

Can't seem to find an option for where it stores other than when it creates new contacts.

just want to avoid re importing and joining hundreds of contacts

Okay lets hope i phrase this right

how do you copy contacts from one source to another on a galaxy S3?

you see my contacts list is made up of icloud contacts (using an app) google contacts and microsoft exchange contacts, which isn't as such a problem, however i had a bug last week where it wouldn't open the messaging app (or receive messages either) as it kept crashing, and the only solution was a system restore, which screwed with my contacts list.

So how do i copy say all the icloud contacts to say Gmail? or do i have to find some way to manually do it via a web service for gmail or something?

Can't seem to find an option for where it stores other than when it creates new contacts.

just want to avoid re importing and joining hundreds of contacts

If icloud supports exporting to csv or a vcard file format you can import it to your google account via gmail. http://contacts.google.com

Good luck with that. I remember trying to uninstall iTunes a while back, there were little bits of it hidden down inside my computer for ages that were nigh on impossible to get rid of.

I still think there are remnants that i can't quite shake off.

Bonjour ?

Good luck with that. I remember trying to uninstall iTunes a while back, there were little bits of it hidden down inside my computer for ages that were nigh on impossible to get rid of.

Give ccleaner a try, cleans out left-over files for me pretty well.

Bonjour ?

Bonjour to you too!

(but yes)

I've tried ccleaner, and revo-uninstaller as well, and both left elements of apple software like poo on the tread of my shoe.