NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

Are they updating to the same version, maybe Gingerbread one is just updating with some bug fixes, maybe the latest update isn't useful for ICS since it doesn't have google now, so therefore no update. That's all I can think of, I could update fine on my nexus 7 and desire s but they are both using JellyBean.

Hmmmmm...i'm assuming it doesn't have anything to do with network, as they are on different networks...?

I might try and install it manually...

So I'm starting to use a Galaxy Ace GTXwhatever and it's pretty smart for such an old phone. So far, feeling completely happy with my choice to trade my iPhone 4 for this + money.

anybody had any issues with the S3 since the jellybean update?

first when i checked my tracks the listings were all duplicated

then today the messaging app wouldn't open, it crashed constantly and wouldn't receive messages

so currently i'm sat on hour 3 of a back up restore! terribly slow at restoring the phone

Well, well done google, had the 16GB Nexus in my cart many times, it would either just disappear from it and had to re add it, then it would not let me proceed with the order and now it's sold out, useless.

Yep, sold out in like 20 minutes. 16GB Nexus 10 is still in stock.

Google Music is up as well.

Forgot to bring my Nexus 7 in to work so I can update it. :(

Tried the 16GB one for ages. It's out of stock. Managed to get an 8GB one though.

Updated my Nexus 7 to 4.2. Everything seems to run smoother, but I may be imagining it. Really like the clock update as odd as that may sound (they added a countdown and timer clocks).

Looks like the Nexus S won't be getting 4.2 so looks like it won't be receiving major updates anymore. :(

Does anyone know if its possible on the stock android keyboard to have the numbers run along the top of the qwerty line so you can long hold them to select them rather than pressing the number key to select numbers. On android 4.2

Does anyone know if its possible on the stock android keyboard to have the numbers run along the top of the qwerty line so you can long hold them to select them rather than pressing the number key to select numbers. On android 4.2

I have it on my phone and tablet - it has the numbers there on the phone but not the tablet.

So. Who has a Nexus 7 on here? Thinking of picking one up in the next couple days in the Comet administration sales. It good? Do I need one? Hows the Android app store these days? Is the screen big enough? Any bad points?

Are Google the only ones selling the Nexus 10? I can't seem to find any other websites selling it even if it is currently out of stock.

I believe it is eventually going to end up in stores but yes, at the moment they are.

So. Who has a Nexus 7 on here? Thinking of picking one up in the next couple days in the Comet administration sales. It good? Do I need one? Hows the Android app store these days? Is the screen big enough? Any bad points?

It's very good. I have it and I can't think of any bad points. I chose it because it has been reviewed as the best in its price range.

7 inch is good, app store is decent but could be better. Has most of the important stuff on iOS anyway.

@Dan Dare does.

How much are they in the sale?

£158 for the 16GB at Carphone warehouse. Easily worth it, and I think you still get £10 credit on the store.

I also recommend getting a Nexus 7! Definitely the best (Android) tablet on the market. Use it more than my Galaxy Tab.

Yeah I have one as well, use it for browsing the interwebs and emails mainly, taken over from my laptop. The processor it's got in it I imagine it will be future proof for a good few years!!

Sooooooooooo......you have a Nexus 4.....7......and 10?

What.

What.

Nah, I decided against getting the N10.

Edit: This is absolutely gorgeous - the pictures really don't do it justice.

Edited by Cube

What.

There'll be plenty of people with an iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini, let's face it. At least this will cost about 1/4 of the price :heh:

Anyone who bought the 16GB Nexus 7 back when it was still around £200 (like me) is entitled to get £25 credit on the ASUS store. Link.

@Cube

This might be of interest to you if you have the Nexus 4.

Apparently you get 50Gb of Box space because it is an LG phone.

I wonder if it stacks if you already have 50GB (which I got with my HP Touchpad).