NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

Got bored of MIUI quite quickly. I'd say it's all show no action. Was going to do cyanogen mod but opted for Leedroid instead. Quirky sense based rom. I'll probably stick with this one even when HTC finally release their version of GB.

Well it require works but some people have given instructions in the comments & provided relevant wallpapers. Additionally a lot of the use the MIUI Rom as a base. Also if you hover over the sample once it's loaded it will tell you what widgets and fonts were used.

Also read that some people have used launcher pro as a base as well as UOT kitchen

http://uot.dakra.lt/

Edited by Ten10

I was just messin' :heh: but thanks for taking the time to explain. Some very stylish themes there, if you have the time to try and implement them. Some of the offerings are... less good.

This whole time I thought it was add free and questioned how they could possibly be making money from it. Then I found out that leedroid comes with no ads built in. I'm gonna see if I can switch it off to help support developers.

I was just messin' :heh: but thanks for taking the time to explain. Some very stylish themes there, if you have the time to try and implement them. Some of the offerings are... less good.

Whatever floats their boat I guess.

So...developing for Android? Have an app idea (who doesn't?) that I'm going to look into making now that I have nothing going on in my life. Figured this would be a good port of call until I get the time to do my own footwork :p

Start with app inventor? Starting android development is something I've been toying with myself although I'm not going to worry about it until after my holiday. Then I'll have to dust off the java for students book that I haven't looked at since starting uni almost 5 years ago.

Cool cheers for that :)

It has an AR element to it. Happen to know if that's different/difficult to implement? If you don't fret not. I have research pencilled in for some point next week.

I'm guessing that they're also the ones with a front-facing camera.

You can select the forward facing or back facing, so eventually if they get there fingers out should be available on most android devices.

EDIT: Well tickle me pink they do seem to say it needs a forward facing camera, hope to test it out tomorrow.

Edited by James

The updated Facebook for android app is rubbish. Don't upgrade!

Haha I had problems with it constantly refreshing the stream, a uninstall and a reinstall stopped it from happening, I quite like the new one.

My Facebook app constantly comes up with messages it doesn't want to show me and when I try to go to it via the notification it doesn't change screen >_>

My Facebook app constantly comes up with messages it doesn't want to show me and when I try to go to it via the notification it doesn't change screen >_>

I have that same problem, it's frustrating. The app is pure shit now, my news feed is just a non stop refreshing white screen. Only using the browser now.

I have that same problem, it's frustrating. The app is pure shit now, my news feed ...

Yo MadDog I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but your Hayley Williams avatar was one of the best avatars of all time. OF ALL TIME.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_7CxFfagztfJQhBWejXpii7YTkO1-1Zj-S0VXSZzKdQACi590&t=1

Edited by heroicjanitor

I bought a HTC Desire S on the 3 network from eBay, £210

I'm on Vodafone guys need some unlocking advice people, would really appreciate it.

Should be something on the screen that you slide to the side or downwards.

howtoimage.aspx?id=22283