NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

How do people lose phones? Like...what is the cause? Pockets too loose? Leave them on tables?

Do you know how you lost it Ashley. Well I hope you find it/have insurance.

I put it in my hoodie pocket, saw a bus and raaaaaan. It fell out. I realised a few stops later and got off and raaaaan but to no avail.

And no insurance. Bad times.

Orange said I can replace it for £170 which is a decent price but I don't have money. So may go back to my old Tocco.

Ouch that is lame. But the lesson is clear.

Don't take public transport. It is destined to end in (at the very best) disaster.

6 mile walk every day. Screw that! :p (well I could cycle but I don't think my heads-in-the-clouds state would be a good mix)

I put it in my hoodie pocket, saw a bus and raaaaaan. It fell out. I realised a few stops later and got off and raaaaan but to no avail.

And no insurance. Bad times.

Orange said I can replace it for £170 which is a decent price but I don't have money. So may go back to my old Tocco.

Tax rebate!

Yeah, there goes that money earmarked for my mother's birthday/Epic Mickey :(

I'm having a weird problem with my contacts on my G2 Touch/Hero (have been for a few months actually). Whenever I make a new Google contact, it just disappears/deletes itself shortly afterwards. I can't for the life of me work out why it's doing this, I've just been saving new contacts to SIM, which isn't ideal.

Never mind...lost my Desire today. Bad times :(

I take it you weren't using wavesecure?

I understand your pain though Ash, have you got Orange to block the IMEI, at least that way it can't be used.

Edited by Ten10

No. Doh. Why did nobody tell me of that app before? :p

Yeah the IMEI is blocked.

Im not sure whether to replace the Desire through Orange for £170 (which I don't really have spare), stick with my old Tocco for the time being or what. Going to ring a place I interviewed for a while ago and remained on good terms with and speak to the manager and see if he can give me some advice/tell me the price of his second hand phones/hopefully some discount.

Edited by Ashley

No. Doh. Why did nobody tell me of that app before? :p

Yeah the IMEI is blocked.

Im not sure whether to replace the Desire through Orange for £170 (which I don't really have spare), stick with my old Tocco for the time being or what. Going to ring a place I interviewed for a while ago and remained on good terms with and speak to the manager and see if he can give me some advice/tell me the price of his second hand phones/hopefully some discount.

Eh........ I don't believe that's quite true. I always pass on good information:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1176451&postcount=917

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1179913&postcount=45

So my Desire HD turned up yesterday, first impressions are good but I need advice...

Whats the best music/video player? Should I stick with the ones that come with the phone or are there better ones available?

How about syncing music, whats the best program to use (this is probably the one thing I'll miss from my iPhone - it was so simple)?

Finally, apps, I need recommendations!

If you've got a large collection (or just want the damn handy "insert after current song but keep the rest of the playlist the same" function, the absence of which in other music players causes me immense frustration these days) Museek is your friend. Give it a shot.

If you've not heard of '8pen', take a look;

Having given it a shot, at a reasonable .99p from Android Market, I am really impressed. It seems a great alternative - nay, dare I say it, replacement - for the small keyboards on modern phones.

It's actually pretty good. A learning curve to it, but you can see it's potential. It's fun and functional.

Looks interesting but I find its difficult to do over a long period of time. I find sliding my finger on a touch screen that there's always a friction point whereby I jerk or whatever.

Although I do love Swype...

any of this current range of cheap android tablets any good|?

Official world from Google is:

Android tablets running 2.2 are shit. Wait for 3.0 Tablets.

There was an Android tablet for £79.99 advertised in my local paper, was tempted to give it a go but I probably won't.

There was an Android tablet for £79.99 advertised in my local paper, was tempted to give it a go but I probably won't.

the one thats from toysrus?! That's the one I was looking at...