NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

How long do you even spend in the Natwest app anyway, it's not exactly brim full of features...

How long do you even spend in the Natwest app anyway, it's not exactly brim full of features...

Admittedly not very long, but I do use it daily. I'm just concerned that I'd resent the lack of 'polish' of some of the android apps compared to ipad (spotify is another app I use). It might seem a touch petty to some people, but I'm picky like that and it would probably end up annoying me :P

I actually unsubscribed from Spotify a few days ago due to the quality of the Android app.

Any of you had to return a device to Google before? I did my Nexus 4 the other week and was just wondering how long it usually takes for the payment they take out to make sure you send the old one back is cancelled. As I didnt use my own card because I couldnt afford it I havent been able to check if its still there or not.

Any of you had to return a device to Google before? I did my Nexus 4 the other week and was just wondering how long it usually takes for the payment they take out to make sure you send the old one back is cancelled. As I didnt use my own card because I couldnt afford it I havent been able to check if its still there or not.

What was wrong with it?

All those apps you mention look fine, they are not specifically designed for tablets but they are not stretched and any large garish pixels. Gmail is a bit more tablet friendly but there all great.

What was wrong with it?

It just turned off one day and wouldnt turn back on. When you tried the notification light just flashed red. I checked online and it seems to have happened to a fair few people. Some managed to get it working again by holding down the power and down volume key but unfortunately for some like me it was just dead.

They held my money until my new Nexus 4 was shipped, not sure how long they held it after that but they never actually took the money off me.

Were you getting yours replaced then because everyone else I've read about had their new Nexus 4 shipped to them first then sent the old one back after that. I had no choice as the return shipping label was coming g with the new phone. Plus the other reason they hold the money is in case the phone you are returning has a fault that isn't covered by warranty so you'll have to pay the full amount for the replacement.

Yeah had mine replaced. This was back when they still had shortages, the guy said they had none in stock but it shipped after a few days so they held on to my money a bit longer than they should with yours. The shipping label comes packed with the new phone, you just need to phone TNT to arrange a pick up, I waited a couple of days to make sure the new phone was OK as well.

I don't really know how long they held the money after I sent it back, never heard if they even got it so I assumed everything was OK. I'm not being very helpful but it shouldn't be too long.

Nah its ok thanks. To be honest the money has probably already been released as I sent back the broken phone last week. Its just because I cant check the card myself that I was wondering.

If anyone ever thought that it would be awesome to take away all the good features of the notification bar, completely removing all the widgets from your phone and having nothing but Facebook messages and adverts on your homescreen then Facebook has just announced an app that does just that.

Yep, can't wait to have those quote image things be the first thing I see every time I check my phone. Oh, wait...

Moto_X_ad.png

This has sparked speculation that Motorolo's next phone will be customisable and they don't know how to centre text.

Maybe it's a hint that the Moto X phone won't be symmetrical...

I'm guessing it will be the return of the easy-to-change case.

Was I the only one about to gag over the American patriotism in that ad?

Doesn't bother me. It's nice for something to not be made in China. Not to mention that it's a US advert.

I bet it comes with a huge picture of a bald eagle emblazoned on it as standard. And an American war hero. Baseball.

Doesn't bother me. It's nice for something to not be made in China. Not to mention that it's a US advert.

It says it's not assembled there, the parts could still well be from there.

Oh, yeah, no, I have no problems with it being a US product. It was just the whole tone of "Freedom! Fireworks! Burgers!" - you expect a fucking eagle to come soaring in! :heh: