NEurope
The Bard

Mephedrone discussion

Question of the day: Is Mephedrone good?

I'm guessing you haven't been following the news lately?

I'm guessing you haven't been following the news lately?

Have any of these deaths been caused solely by mephedrone? Every thing I've read seems to go on about a cocktail of drugs/alcohol, one of which is mephedrone...?

Have any of these deaths been caused solely by mephedrone? Every thing I've read seems to go on about a cocktail of drugs/alcohol, one of which is mephedrone...?

No thats the big issue. Its all a cocktail which seems rather stupid when everyone kicks up a fuss. I think thats why they are planning on making it a Class B as it hasn't been shown to kill on its on...yet.

My housemates aren't amused. They love the stuff. I've kept away so far, been too busy to take it/if I go out at uni and the girlfriend comes along, I wouldn't dare be on anything in front of her, even if I was to take anything.

EDIT: thinking about it, can we rip from The Bard's post? I think it would be a good thread, to discuss methodrone considering the how topical it is at the moment :) Done.

Edited by Supergrunch
IDEA?

I tried it, though only at like...4am, fucking knackered and drunk as a skunk on sweet, sweet rum. It didn't do a great deal except make me less tired. Induced that familiar tingle in the back of my head though, so I guess on a higher starting point than 'the pits of a downward spiral in to the unconscious' it'd be pretty fun.

Poor lab conditions. Experiment bears repeating in less strenuous environment.

I'd say yes its bad, apparently its something like the 4th most "popular"/used drug in the UK yet it is legal. I mean making it illegal doesn't instantly stop it being a problem but it perhaps will stop it being so easy to get access to and will push up the prices etc.. making it harder to be so widespread.

I'd say yes its bad, apparently its something like the 4th most "popular"/used drug in the UK yet it is legal. I mean making it illegal doesn't instantly stop it being a problem but it perhaps will stop it being so easy to get access to and will push up the prices etc.. making it harder to be so widespread.

The thing is if they make it illegal then it will push it underground, if it starts to cost the dealers more then they'll cut it with god knows what and so no one will actually know what they're taking.

Then we'll start to hear about all the people who have died from taking "just" mephedrone and it will appear even worse in the public eyes.

As far as I'm concerned they really shouldn't rush any decision to classify it, but I'm sure the government will buckle under the media pressure.

Poor lab conditions. Experiment bears repeating in less strenuous environment.

Alright Mordin :heh:

The thing is if they make it illegal then it will push it underground, if it starts to cost the dealers more then they'll cut it with god knows what and so no one will actually know what they're taking.

Then we'll start to hear about all the people who have died from taking "just" mephedrone and it will appear even worse in the public eyes.

As far as I'm concerned they really shouldn't rush any decision to classify it, but I'm sure the government will buckle under the media pressure.

See yes I agree with you and its hard to argue with what you say. I just think that its hard to justify such a dangerous drug being legal and seemingly freely available.

Oh yes. Renegade all the way.

Shit I need to play ME2 again.

Apologies druggies, onwards with discussions!

The worst thing about this is the news, which is basically saying:

EVERYBODY! LOOK HERE, IT'S A BRAND NEW DRUG! AND IT'S LEGAL! GET IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Pretty much everyone I know first heard about it on the news.

Some Yr 9s and a fellow sixth former got done for possession of mephedrone and weed in my school, the sixth former for suspicion of supplying it to the younger ones too.

Of course it was all in the papers, and a few of them have been permanently excluded.

This is the same school that suffered the 'hammer attack' I go to.

Swindon is awesome.

Ha, yeah. I can imagine scores of Nu rave scamps in day glo hoodies are using daily Mail rage comment pieces as effective research material.

Personally, I find the whole thing fairly amusing. I haven't met a single real person who's outraged by the stuff at all- it's just a self perpetuating media circus. Kind of reminds me of MEGATON over at IGN, way back when.

I would say that it should hae had some kind of tempory ban a long time ago. And then we would not be having the same issues we are now. A tempory ban would allow proper studies to be done in slow time and there would be no need to rush a proper classification.

For me it isnt really an issue that it hasnt killed anyone on its own. The fact that mixed with alchol it can be a deadly cocktailis reson enough to ban it. As it has been proved people cant be trusted to be sensable with it.

I dont think if it is banned it will cause an increase in crime. I doubt as many people will take it if it is illegal. And i would make a fair guess that any peopl that would tae it, would probably take coke, es, speed etc instead. So it would probably still bethe same number of people take illeagal drugs anyway. That my view anyway.

Another great Brooker article.

I actually re-read some paragraphs to see how good the comparisons were. Very, it turns out.

This is the same school that suffered the 'hammer attack' I go to.

Swindon is awesome.

20090330_MCHammer.jpg

Swindon is indeed awesome.

Personally i have never, and will never, take any but my friends adore the stuff. It's cheap and easy to obtain from a number of sites throughout the internet.

I haven't seen any negatives unless consumed with other things, but what can you expect if you take class A drugs with it?

It annoys me when you see people petitioning for its ban when no proof has been obtained which proves it causes deaths. Everyone who has died so far has had worse things in their systems like fet, Ket, and anything else they can get their hands on.

Im happier when they take this stuff than when they take other things which has god knows what in it.

My friends flatmates are in love with it too...he can't bear it, he hates on of the flatmates, but the other is one of his best friends, and apparently he becomes a different person on it (which is always). But that's just a personal reaction to it I guess. But yeah, they spend loads on it.

My friends flatmates are in love with it too...he can't bear it, he hates on of the flatmates, but the other is one of his best friends, and apparently he becomes a different person on it (which is always). But that's just a personal reaction to it I guess. But yeah, they spend loads on it.

When a group of my friends take it, it seems to turn into some sort of jamberee.

They all can't stop moving, or talking. I like it.

It annoys me when you see people petitioning for its ban when no proof has been obtained which proves it causes deaths.

Well of course they want to ban it, for the same reason that states and ideologies preach sexual abstinence; if you're getting a huge amount of pleasure from something that isn't of benefit to society, what reason do you have to contribute to its "progress?"

Lol, this (thread) question was supposed to be a sarcastic joke.

Edited by The Bard