NEurope
Shorty

And We're Back... For Now

Well, the forum seems to be back up and running. We may have lost some posts in the process.

HWYD is working again, which is a great sign.

A big thanks to Vorlx, our server admin, for helping get everything restored to a stable and working order.

And thanks to everyone who came and hung out with me in the chat room today!

Report any problems with the forum here please :) (But don't just complain about missing posts and threads)

Problems we're aware of

Posts made after database backup being lost (probably permanently)

View Last Post button taking you to the wrong thread

Most recent post not actually showing most recent post

Edited by Shorty

Cool cool! Other than missing posts (which I've backed up and sent to Ashley), the only thing I've noticed is that N-Europe Stretchable seems to instead be the default theme.

Edit: The go to last post thing doesn't seem to be working correctly, and the Self Improvement thread thinks the last post is by Ashley, but I can't view it.

Edited by Supergrunch

Edit: The go to last post thing doesn't seem to be working correctly, and the Self Improvement thread thinks the last post is by Ashley, but I can't view it.

I just clicked on the go to first new post button on the Rate The Last Film You Saw Thread and it brought me here... :heh:

I just clicked on the go to first new post button on the Rate The Last Film You Saw Thread and it brought me here... :heh:

hah, that can't be good. Database probably needs some optimize & repair to clean things up. Let me know if that doesn't fix it and I can try a repair from the server side.

It's basically gone insane. I'm being misdirected all over the shop. 'Fact x Importance = News' sent me to a Pokemon thread in the handheld boards.

It's basically gone insane. I'm being misdirected all over the shop. 'Fact x Importance = News' sent me to a Pokemon thread in the handheld boards.

Or is Canand just converting you?

I don't usually go into the ds forumy thing, but somehow found myself there. ¬___¬

CONSPIRACY!

(i'm getting the same rerouting/error as DD is)

Good news: It seems the redirection problems have been fixed, and I haven't noticed any phantom pages in the threads they're normally found! Maybe something good did come out of this mess!

EDIT: Never mind, the phantom pages are still there. Still, at least forum works again. Ashley, your dedication to this has been amazing.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

I'm still getting weird links from view first unread.

Also getting last posts that I cannae view. I was looking forward to Supergrunch's post in the news thread yet I can't see it :(

At least I can see a few differences! Appreciate the work and stress this must be unfortunately causing!

Some of my posts which hadn't disappeared now have. And that isn't because they have been deleted for containing content such as the flaming against Zechs Merquise.

Think there might be a problemo with the avatar bit in the usercp(s). I keep getting an "Unable to Save" message.

I am going to try some maintainance options in vb in the wee hours of the morning when hopefully it won't disturb too many people.

I am going to try some maintainance options in vb in the wee hours of the morning when hopefully it won't disturb too many people.

Which are you doing?

Its a shame I missed the misdirection, sounds fun.

You know this site does not work on Chrome. It shows only the header and thats it. Please fix this.

Thanks

Yes we did know

Yes we're working on it

No this was not the right place to post that.