NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Game just called me offering me other games for £25.

Then they bloody said the 3DS will be delivered on friday. I hope this isnt true as parcel force have had it since last night.

Seriously? if that's across all Game stores then that's fantastic news! :D

I hope it is we just have to see.

Game just called me offering me other games for £25.

Then they bloody said the 3DS will be delivered on friday. I hope this isnt true as parcel force have had it since last night.

I should really just copy and paste this by now, but GAME sent a notification e-mail saying the courier will be holding the 3DS till launch day.

I should really just copy and paste this by now, but GAME sent a notification e-mail saying the courier will be holding the 3DS till launch day.

yeah i got the same email. I have the exact same email for Halo Breach and GTA IV but both of them were still delivered earlier.

The BS Game pulled was that they sent the email about the 3DS once they already processed the order so there was no way I could cancel and go elsewhere.

If shopto orders arrive before Friday then Game can go suck a c**k!!

Ugh. Just missed a (nother) call from GAME. Hope it wasn't important.

offering you ubisoft games and ridge racer for £25

Can I ask when you ordered and what delivery method you specified?

I ordered this morning and it's still saying delivery estimate: 25th

I ordered about a week ago and choose free shipping because I'm cheap. I'm also in the US which could have various effects beyond releasing the 27th.

yeah i got the same email. I have the exact same email for Halo Breach and GTA IV but both of them were still delivered earlier.

Those would have been sent with Royal Mail. Royal Mail don't listen to anyone.

Those would have been sent with Royal Mail. Royal Mail don't listen to anyone.

both were with parcel force.

Seriously why is everyone getting so worked up about getting it one day before release day, does it really matter... I mean, at all?

Count yourselves lucky you're getting one at launch, dunno when I'll be able to afford one...

Seriously why is everyone getting so worked up about getting it one day before release day, does it really matter... I mean, at all?

Count yourselves lucky you're getting one at launch, dunno when I'll be able to afford one...

YES!!!!

I WANT 3DS NAO!!

Yeah tbh I might look at sending mine back/or sell it if that's a decent option, I'm not that fussed about getting it now, I'm not exactly rolling in the monies... and there's other things I could spend it on.

The only thing currently stopping me from sending it back is the fact I'm getting a Pilotwings for as little as a £10... but I dunno if that's enough.

Edited by Retro_Link

I suppose if you have money to burn....There was a time when I couldn't WAIT for new hardware to be released. I don't wanna spoil the excitment for anybody else though. It's a cute thing to get excited about :)

The only thing making me want to buy a 3DS on launch day is the option to head down to the HMV launch in London and score a free game of my choice. If it wasn't for that possibility, I'd be dead set on waiting until Zelda shows up in a few months.

So game online are offering 25 quid game too. I'd take ridge racer at that price!! But they have t called me!!

Tesco have been waiting to despatch my 3ds for an eternity...fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Until about 24 hours ago, I wasn't really interested in the 3DS, then all off a sudden, I had the urge to buy one. ::shrug:

Proof: Nintendo will brick your Nintendo 3DS

There was a rumor that the Nintendo 3DS might be rendered useless if you use flash cards, or basically do stuff that Nintendo doesn’t want you doing with their hardware. And now we seem to have proof, as a member of our forums pointed out that the back of Ridge Racer 3D’s box has quite a clear warning:

Important! Read the Nintendo 3DS operations manual before setup or use of your system. This product contains technical protection measures. Use of an unauthorized device or any unauthorized technical modification to your Nintendo 3DS system, will render this game and/or system unplayable.

Bricked.jpg

What if someone doesn't go online with his/her device?

I'd assume it would be fine, that is unless ofcourse, 3DS titles have firmware updates in them akin to the Wii. I'll add this part in to give people a bit of insight about the warnings.

It has been pointed out that the back of 3DS game boxes holds a warning that seemingly confirms the rumours that Nintendo will brick any system that runs pirated 3DS software. This warning states the following:

"Important! Read the Nintendo 3DS operations manual before setup or use of your system. This product contains technical protection measures. Use of an unauthorized device or any unauthorized technical modification to your Nintendo 3DS system, will render this game and/or system unplayable."

Now, it's worth nothing that Nintendo DS and Wii games have had a similiar warning on the back of their software boxes, but what they state is rather different from what is printed on 3DS software cases. Warnings that gamers may have come across so far states:

"Important: The use of an unlawful device with your Nintendo DS system may render this game unplayable."

It does seem to allude that the rumours are true.

Edited by ShadowV7

Hudson 3DS Titles Cancelled

The release list in this week's Famitsu has some mega carnage for Hudson fans. It looks like many of the publisher's upcoming titles have been cancelled, presumably due to the recent Konami acquisition. Current confirmed cancellations include Omega Five (3DS), Bonk (3DS) and Bomberman (3DS), but there may be some other titles as well.

FU Konami! :sad:

hmmm that isn't entirely legal either is it? Interesting to see what happens from here.

What happens when someone who gets their ds bricked from their useage of flash cards through completely legal means?...

I always thought Konami owned Hudson? Did that not explain that HORRIBLE "realistic" version of bomberman?

Either way an unusual choice for konami. I mean the bomberman games have been copy/paste for 20 years. That should have been a quick buck.

I always thought Konami owned Hudson? Did that not explain that HORRIBLE "realistic" version of bomberman?

Either way an unusual choice for konami. I mean the bomberman games have been copy/paste for 20 years. That should have been a quick buck.

Konami had strong ties with Hudson (holding 53.99% of all Hudson stock) but didn't fully control them until Konami acquired them and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Konami.