NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

We got an e-mail saying that when it gets processed, it'll be held by the courier so we get it for launch.

We got an e-mail saying that when it gets processed, it'll be held by the courier so we get it for launch.

Which means we'll probably get our games before the console

I'm fully expecting it to be honest, sort of cruel thing to happen "Here's new games. THAT YOU CAN'T PLAY!!!"

Happened when I got my DS, had Mario 64 sitting there, taunting me, and no console to play it on.

if their packing it now does that mean you'll get it before launch?

They should ship it early after this stunt! A blatent ploy to stop people going elsewhere.

I expect the 3DS and SSFIV by thursday at the latest.

It's not really a stunt, they e-mailed us and everything about what's going to happen. Though I fully agree on the Thursday latest :heh:

I hope I get mine from shopto on Thursday I did afterall get me Xbox 360 S the day before it came out from them but I doubt it.

I have been absolutely agonising over game choices and colour of the 3ds.

I pre ordered a black one on the 19th Jan (first day you could :laughing: ) after being convinced that the blue was horrid.

Then i saw the blue properly in all of its shining crystal like beauty in GAME in Liverpool and have since been driving myself crazy wondering what to do.

Do i cancel my black pre order and change to blue? Will I get one now the launch is right round the corner?

Dont start me on games!

Think I will end up sticking with black as i know i have it guaranteed and i really like it. Its just that blue is so fine... :p

Do i cancel my black pre order and change to blue? Will I get one now the launch is right round the corner?

Dude.. there isn't even a decision to be made :nono:

Black

I changed my pre-order to blue the other day. I think it looks great in all those unboxing videos I've seen.

Oh my god, the horror/hilarity..

200126_1956320431867_1358419312_2242904_8113959_n.jpg

198055_1956320591871_1358419312_2242905_1399181_n.jpg

188318_1956320271863_1358419312_2242903_5884357_n.jpg

197447_1956315591746_1358419312_2242888_321515_n.jpg

198498_1956317511794_1358419312_2242901_663364_n.jpg

The best thing?

Sometimes, SOMETIMES, it works both ways:

197938_1956369353090_1358419312_2242937_398678_n.jpg

Bahahahahahaha

Quick question:

Does anyone know what the little port (looks like infrared port) on the back does? Those funny health and safety pics we saw about a week ago said not to look in it...

But what does it doooo?

Quick question:

Does anyone know what the little port (looks like infrared port) on the back does? Those funny health and safety pics we saw about a week ago said not to look in it...

But what does it doooo?

It's either an IR port or a port that allows the 3DS to be charged by the cradle. Can't seem to find a proper answer.

It's either an IR port or a port that allows the 3DS to be charged by the cradle. Can't seem to find a proper answer.

Any chance it could be a z depth sensor for the AR, like on the Kinect?

I think they just built on IR port into the console for software to use so they don't need to build it into the game carts, like Pokemon HGSS/BW. Haven't heard of anything that uses it at the moment.

The cradle actually charges the 3DS from the charger port, there's 2 slots next it which charge the console when it's in the dock.

Any chance it could be a z depth sensor for the AR, like on the Kinect?

None.

You can definitely rule that out when you look at the placement of the thing and the way you'll hold the 3DS when you play AR-stuff. When you do, you focus cameras in the top lit on the cards and that port looks upward.

On top of that, the technology used by Kinect seems to require a rather large amount of processing power, which the 3DS definitely doesn't have. Also, if the AR games worked by measuring the distance to surfaces from the 3DS, cards wouldn't be necessary for games that use object's surfaces either. As it stands, you always have to focus on the cards or otherwise you'll "lose" the image. That's a pretty fail proof indicator, that Nintendo just uses image recognition algorithms to find features of the cards and compute the position and perspective of the virtual objects you place in the room. The effect you get with that particularly large or small cards indicates that, too.

I remember a more recent trailer for Pokemon Black/White mentioning IR-connection functionality...

Edit: Found the trailer! At 0:32 the IR connection gets mentioned, although I don't know if there is an infrared port on the cartridges themselves.

Edited by Burny

2mcerrs.jpg

Boo-yah!

i hate you right now :heh:

They send any games with it?

Its all in the circle pad thing :p

I know I should probably know this (and could probably check but lazy/its upstairs) but DSiWare, what's happening with that? I want Flipnote!

Edited by Ashley

Its all in the circle pad thing :p

I know I should probably know this (and could probably check but lazy/its upstairs) but DSiWare, what's happening with that? I want Flipnote!

DSiWare should become available with the first online update in May, along with the eShop and other stuff. It should anyway.

Ashley, does Mario 64 DS control with the analog stick? Can I finally play that game with decent controls? Make my dreams come true with three simple letters.

Ashley, does Mario 64 DS control with the analog stick? Can I finally play that game with decent controls? Make my dreams come true with three simple letters.

I also need to know this piece of info...