NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

And that number is going to keep going up till the 25th. Saying that, stores up here are out of allocations already. Good luck :heh:

Cool this is great for Nintendo UK.

ive pre orderd in 2 places just incase

Yeah I've got Shopto and Amazon down.

Yeah, uhh, yeah me too. 2 Pre-orders..

Just got to be careful...

:heh:

Yeah, uhh, yeah me too. 2 Pre-orders..

Just got to be careful...

:heh:

You've still got your 6 haven't you! :p

You've still got your 6 haven't you! :p

Half of the pre-orders are allocated to him.

I actually hope all 25 of his pre-orders go through. He'll make N-E folklore/history.

Sooo... I have 3G internet and can't be bothered to crawl through the last few pages of this thread. What's N-E's general opinion of the upcoming launch? I'm surprised to see so many pre-orders, when there's basically zero good launch games. Street Fighter looks to be the only great game... and early reports are suggesting that the pre-loaded content is the best thing you can play right now. One of the weakest launches in gaming history. I can't believe a Nintendo system is launching without Mario.

Sooo... I have 3G internet and can't be bothered to crawl through the last few pages of this thread. What's N-E's general opinion of the upcoming launch? I'm surprised to see so many pre-orders, when there's basically zero good launch games. Street Fighter looks to be the only great game... and early reports are suggesting that the pre-loaded content is the best thing you can play right now. One of the weakest launches in gaming history. I can't believe a Nintendo system is launching without Mario.

It will still sell out, though. The pre-loaded content does look pretty great.

I've always thought it should be compulsory for a new system to launch with a game. Like with the Wii and WiiSports. It should always happen.

I went to check out the 3DS in Ballymena this evening there and yet again I walked away underwhelemed :hmm: The plus point of the night, however, was that it was the cosmic black console on display and it was so much nicer than the aqua blue version.. thankfully :hehe:

I only got another opportunity to try Face Raiders again, this time shooting pictures of myself that the girl in GAME took.. against my will :nono: While I was looking around and admiring the unit, we were chatting a bit and she said that the 3DS from another GAME store in Belfast was stolen :eek:

With that in mind, she said she wasn't gonna leave me alone with it :heh: I really want to play a proper game though as I just can't seem to enjoy the images yet with the blurry, poor quality background picked up by the 3DS cameras. I know I'll be much happier when I'm playing around with my own 3DS..

Edited by nekunando

The launch line-up is... OK. There are a handful of good games, but I think it's fair to say there's no AAA. Like Fierce Link says though, the pre-loaded content is particularly good... I'm most interested in the Augmented Reality.

My verdict is that it's a very exciting new bit of tech, but (for now) only if you're interested in the 3D. If not, then at least it's the DS 2, and will be a must-buy once a AAA game is released. In the meantime, £200 is not a bad price for such a machine whilst we wait for Zelda.

I'm surprised too there's so many pre-orders given the current economy and price of the console. I guess most people just want to get their hands on the next big new piece of tech no matter what the launch games are. (like me :heh:... was probably the deciding factor for me, I know nobody else in my family (cousins, cousins kids, etc) will get it at launch but if I waited till OOT came out likely at least one person would get it before me... I CAN'T ALLOW THAT:shakehead:heh::(:blank::awesome:)

Plus didn't both the Gamecube and Wii launch without a Mario game?

(not counting Luigi's Mansion)

I think the original GBA did too... least I don't remember a Mario game at launch and I know I got a Castlevana game with it on day one.

@dr4hkon

You'll do yourself more of a favor with a wireless router, if you haven't got one already.

I have one, but it completely useless and I won't be able to afford a new one in the near future.

So, there's no other way to go online with the 3DS other than a wireless router or the USB thingy? Damn...

Do they not give out free wireless routers whenever you sign up for internet over there?

I'm not even sure if the 3DS will support the USB thing. It barely worked with the DS, and it was even worse with the Wii. I don't think Nintendo even sell them.

Anyway, you can do it without a wireless router if the computer your using is connected via ethernet and has wireless capabilities: http://www.labnol.org/software/wireless-network-without-router/11494/

Other than that, wireless routers are pretty cheap these days.

Do they not give out free wireless routers whenever you sign up for internet over there?

Yeah, we signed up almost 6 years ago and don't need a new connection...

Anyway, you can do it without a wireless router if the computer your using is connected via ethernet and has wireless capabilities: http://www.labnol.org/software/wireless-network-without-router/11494/

This is good. Thanks.

hhmmm... only just spotted there's a 3DS tour date in Dublin from 18 - 20 March... week before release.

Should I make the journey up or save the first wonderment of the consoles mystical glassesless powers for when I have my own?

I think it's funny how bummed out everyone is over the launch line up. Granted there isnt a great AAA title out yet, but this is one of the better launch line ups we have seen. The original DS had Mario 64 and Feel the Magic as the only half decent launch titles, then in the first few months after we only really had Yoshi Touch and Go and Wario Ware to entertain us. I remember for the first year of having my DS, not playing it much, just waiting for decent games.

With the 3DS, we have some interesting launch titles and we wont have to wait long for some great releases, we should get OOT within 3/4 months.

I took my nephew shopping to the Metro Centre this morning and as we were walking around we found that the 3DS event was up and running. We jumped at the chance to have a go as neither of us had tried it yet.

I tried Pilotwings first and was a little underwhelmed by it. The 3D effect was good but the demo was a bit pants, you couldn't really do anything other than fly around the island.

I then spied Kid Icarus and I found this to be fantastic, not only the 3D effects but the game itself. It's definetly one I wish was ready for launch.

Lastly I tried Zelda. I caught it out of the corner of my eye and went rushing over to play it. Personally, I wouldn't care if it was 3D or not, it was freaking OOT on a handheld, looking glorious. :D

I wanted to play more games and try the AR cards but quite frankly I was sick of the women that they had hired.

I found it quite insulting they hired blonde, tanned bimbos who had obviously memorized all of the lines that they had to spew out and had zero interest in being there. It was annoying the hell out of me, I just wanted to play the games in peace. Some of them didn't seem to know what they were doing either.

At one point I had to reset the system to the home menu myself! To top it off when I was playing Zelda one of them asked me if I would like to try Ridge Racer! I'm playing one of the greatest games of all time, on a handheld and you ask me if I want to play Ridge Racer???!!! :mad:

Another asked if my eyes were hurting after 2 minutes of playing...2 minutes!!! Lastly one of them was doing the whole batting eyelids crack and asked me if I was buying one, yeah because you smiling and batting your eyelids is what makes me want to buy one. Slag.

I would rather Nintendo hired normal looking people who knew what they were doing and had an interest in the item they are promoting rather than fake morons not knowing what's going on. Now I know exactly what the press were on about when Nintendo demoed the 3DS at E3 using the same type of people.

I then spied Kid Icarus and I found this to be fantastic, not only the 3D effects but the game itself. It's definetly one I wish was ready for launch.

I really hope this is one of the games that will get a demo. The control scheme sounds unplayable for left-handers.

At one point I had to reset the system to the home menu myself! To top it off when I was playing Zelda one of them asked me if I would like to try Ridge Racer! I'm playing one of the greatest games of all time, on a handheld and you ask me if I want to play Ridge Racer???!!! :mad:

Haha, that is bloody classic, I could just imagine you shouting that at top lung volume,haha.

That whole ordeal reminds me of before the Wii came out and I went to an event in Dublin to see it. The staff working the booth knew I was there as "press" from a website. Not long after being there the head guy pulled me aside and said to the rest of the people staffing it, if someone asks a question you aren't sure about ask this guy. :heh: As I was already doing a better job of describing the Wii to people than the staff guys were

I dont understand how people cant be happy with the launch line up, Pilotwings !!!!! is amazing and its been far too long for a sequal. Then theres Street Fighter 4, Pes which are ace! Nintendogs , Ridge Racer + some other decent 3rd party games.

I found it quite insulting they hired blonde, tanned bimbos who had obviously memorized all of the lines that they had to spew out and had zero interest in being there. It was annoying the hell out of me, I just wanted to play the games in peace. Some of them didn't seem to know what they were doing either.

I would rather Nintendo hired normal looking people who knew what they were doing and had an interest in the item they are promoting rather than fake morons not knowing what's going on. Now I know exactly what the press were on about when Nintendo demoed the 3DS at E3 using the same type of people.

In fairness to them, they're employed through a promotions agency who'd struggle to get 25 people who have the 'geek factor'. Having organised some promotions work in the past, even the planned event is pretty last minute stuff in terms of staffing (and an absolute worrying nightmare from our side).

One of the girls I spoke with (at the AR tables) was really good though, so interested in the AR stuff.

I'm not sure how they'd improve on this though. At Nintendo UK, there's probably a handful of people who'd have the in depth knowledge we'd like - and some of them are probably not the type you'd want promoting your goods (again, having done some promotion work with own staff its abysmal and really embarrassing).

I dont understand how people cant be happy with the launch line up, Pilotwings !!!!! is amazing and its been far too long for a sequal. Then theres Street Fighter 4, Pes which are ace! Nintendogs , Ridge Racer + some other decent 3rd party games.

Hmm It doesn't need it but it's lacking an original mario title, but then again Nintendo's launch line-ups for handhelds haven't been strong ever.

Sorry, but call me whatever names you'd like, but I've never really got into the Zelda games and would much rather play Ridge Racer (prepares himself for all the insults coming this way!!!).

At the London event last month I've never seen such a large collection of, what you would call, bimbos in one place! Having said this, the girl on the AR stand did seem genuinely interested in the console and fairly clued up on things. I did wonder if Nintendo had approached all the agencies in London and asked for their most attractive looking girls for the event!