NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Just to clarify :D

Consider me no longer worried :laughing:

No seriously though, I guess then that you should gradually adjust the 3D slider (which briefly stalls - in order to slot you into the chosen setting) to help you focus on the 3D? And also the level of 3D which the slider is positioned may have different results depending on each software? And unintentionally slipping out of the "sweet spot" doesnt seem to be experienced much - if at all.

... Just highlighting useful pointers on how to get 'In Ze Zone' with ze 3dii :heart:

They had some 3DS's with 3d trailers on which included: Sky tv, animal crossing, Mario kart and Paper Mario. Paper Mario looked great in 3d and was one of the best games along with kid Icarus to use the 3d.

Paper_Mario_GIF_by_Legendarypikachu11.gif

I am officially hyped!!

I was very dubious about the 3d. I've seen quite a few 3d movies at the cinema and so much of the time I've been left unimpressed, found my eyes never fully adjusted and often felt the glasses dulled the image too much.

So with the 3DS i wasnt sure what to expect. I can now safely say I have no concerns and I can finally let myself be hyped. My eyes didnt need time to adjust when I started on my first game. The viewing zone wasnt as narrow as I expected, standing at the booths I didnt feel I had to hold my head completely still, but it isn't really something you can easily have two of you viewing. So I can just imagine how comfy and enjoyable it'll be to properly play the 3ds at home when you can relax on the sofa.

I got to play quite a few games, but didnt really allow myself time to settle into any of them. Few points; My eyes could cope with full 3d on most games except pilot wings, that took a bit of adjusting. Moving the DS around to mirror your ingame view in Zelda was amazing. I was very impressed with the AR card. My view of the 3d camera was a bit mixed, I think the low level lighting put it off a bit.

Wish I got a bit more time with it. So now the question is... what launch games do I get?

From the sounds of things, the 3D slider seems to be the most important part of the device. When 3D works for one person, it might not work for the next, so the slider allows you to alter the levels, meaning that if it doesn't work for you straight away, you can alter it until it works.

Very important feature, imo. It's on a different level to the type you see in the cinema, because that either works or it doesn't. I'm quite eager to see this for myself now.

It sounds to me, from what I've read posted here, that the London event was a lot better than others as I too had nearly an hour at it. We were moved on from the first set of consoles after a while, but in the second room with the augmented reality games and others, we could be there as long as we wanted.

They also were showing 3DS's with Sky 3D being advertised on them, and the pictures were, I thought, amazing.

I thought that the build quality of the 3DS's seemed a lot better than my DSi and the thumb pad worked really well. Having a PSP, I was a little worried that it might be as awful as Sony's pathetic attempt at an analogue thumb stick, but I should have know Nintendo better than that!

Overall, I was very impressed with the whole event (although a freebie or two would have been nice!).

It's been mentioned about Game getting 3Ds's in store from the 14th Feb, well this also applies to Gamestation as I was told about this by them last Friday.

I thought that the build quality of the 3DS's seemed a lot better than my DSi and the thumb pad worked really well. Having a PSP, I was a little worried that it might be as awful as Sony's pathetic attempt at an analogue thumb stick, but I should have know Nintendo better than that!.

There is one thing that I am curious about. One of my main gripes with the PSP thumb slider was that it was hard to get a sense of where 0 (the middle point) was. It didn't return to there well.

Is this fine with the 3DS?

I found it so natural to use I can't say I even thought about working out where the middle was. If it comes to it, I can see the D pad being a waste of space, unless it's only there for backward compatibility.

Ah that's a better response than I could have hoped for!

"It works so well I didn't even think about it" is much more telling that a list of pros and cons.

Went yesterday. The event itself was nice. Nintendo played up the theatrics and the Capcom stuff was nice. Nintendo's own bit was crappy though(friends share what?) and even the hostesses seemed embarrassed going through the lines. Speaking of which Nintendo knew their audience so they had loads of nice looking ladies to host. Though they seemed to funnel us quickly at times. I'd rather they cut the crap at the start(minus Capcom bits) and just let us play.

The system itself is ok. Its a DS with 3D. The 3D was impressive and the best thing about the device. I had no problem using it and even if you sway or tilt your head it works fine enough provided you don't look away too much. It felt natural and worked very well. What lets the 3D down is the actual graphics of the system.

Graphically the system was rather weak. Think PSP and iPhone but nowhere near the quality of the best games on those systems. Ridge Racer for example ran at 30 fps with slowdown and looked worse than the PSP launch RR. Didn't seem too bad to play though and the tracks aren't overly long like RR on PSP. But it was not exciting either. Similar sentiments for RE DS. It did not look as good as I hoped. Seemed heavily cut down and not as nice as as the trailer suggested. 3D games on the PS3 have alot of WOW factor. Killzone 3/ GT5/Motortstorm apocalypse are perfect examples. I would rather play in 3D and you have effects and stuff happening that the 3DS will never do. Essentially 3D on unremarkable graphics. Much like getting 3D for a comedy rather than Avatar.

There was an augmented Reality demo which was nice basically alot like stuff Sony is doing. Difference being that 3DS has the necessary stuff built in and does 3D built in too. I think that could be big.

The analogue slider is nicer than the PSP but not a full patch on it. It still requires adjustment. Seems oddly worse and better. Hard to describe. It feels better to touch but doesn't translate so well on screen. In RR I couldnt control the car well at all. RR was better on dpad. Might even be lower sensitivity than the PSP. RE was doable but not exactly comfy. Dpad and buttons are not as nice as the PSP. This was evident in SF4. I hope Nintendo improve these. There is not much travel on the buttons or dpad and they click like cheap plastic. But I doubt the target audience care.

Overall I liked the event. Was well worth the time and Nintendo put in alot of effort. I think Nintendo have a hit on their hands and many people will buy it for Nintendo games and 3D. Aside from the 3D aspects, obviously it does not match up to the NGP hardware but I expected more than just sub PSP and iPhone tech. Will I buy? Lets see. I am more excited about the NGP but 3DS has a more powerful Nintendo this time round. The non Nintenod games seemed to be weak as usual though. OOT is a rerelease etc. I might wait.

Edited by Choze

Yeah my boss went to the event and he said it looks really good but the 3D made his eyes hurt abit =/ interesting

Yeah my boss went to the event and he said it looks really good but the 3D made his eyes hurt abit =/ interesting

Ever since E3 last year, there's been next to no complaints till recently. I'd be very inclined to say it's very subjective and a matter of getting used to it if that's the case.

@ Choze, I think it's safe to say Ridge Racer is a very bad example, everyone can see how bad that is. There might be some hope atleast though, if Capcom can successfully port RE 5 over.

Although, it's pretty unfair to compare 3D on the PS3, which is a oowerful machine against a handheld :heh:

I'm confident that it'll be more powerfull than the PSP, we just need to get through the inevitable mass porting/cash ins.

Oh so this is where Mike's horribly anti-Nintendo text messages were fuelled from today. Lol.

Oh so this is where Mike's horribly anti-Nintendo text messages were fuelled from today. Lol.

HAHA what he say? ^_^ me loves Mike, he let me have his 3DS lanyard cause Im more of a fanboy apparently ;)

HAHA what he say? ^_^ me loves Mike, he let me have his 3DS lanyard cause Im more of a fanboy apparently ;)

I said "Are you getting a 3DS" and he said something along the lines of "No I like my consoles to last more than 3-5 hours?" I retorted with "Like the PSP2 which has the same battery, and melts...?"

And then defended. He's such an anti-fanboy its sad. :p

PES 2011 has been confirmed as a March 25th release date. Pretty nice boxart too.

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that its PES 2011 3D has been selected as one of the launch titles for the new Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming platform.

PES 2011 3D will be released along the Nintendo 3DS on March 25th across Europe, and is a truly immersive football title for the new format. The new game retains the Pro Evolution Soccer series’ acclaimed level of control and realism, but the 3D imaging capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS enhance the experience by giving real depth to its many searching passes, long crosses, and interplay of passes.

PES 2011 3D puts you at the heart of every pass, through-ball and shot, with its unique ‘Player’ camera shadowing the user’s every movement, right in the middle of the unfolding match. Thus, players can see their team mates making runs in the channels and moving into space, meaning PES 2011 3D makes the player an integral part of a successful team. Using the 3D capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS, the camera views also allow the user to visually ascertain how far away a team mate is, allowing for more instinctive long passes and dynamic movement.

As befits its heritage, PES 2011 3D enjoys the amazing level of control that the series is famed for, with searching passes, one-two play, deft close control and rising volleys all shown off to stunning effect, as the game’s realism is heightened thanks to the game’s incredible use of depth and distance perception. The game’s stunning AI also ensures that players not only look identical to their real-life counterparts, but move and react like them too. Players can select from 60 National and 170 club sides, and lead them to glory within a range of challenging game modes.

PES 2011 3D boasts full play-by-play commentary and also features exclusive use of the UEFA Champions League™, the game’s greatest club competition, while players can also build their own team of budding stars and lead them to glory in the world famous Master League. PES 2011 3D also supports wireless play for two Nintendo 3DS users to compete against each other, and makes use of the Nintendo 3DS system’s ‘Street Pass’ mode. Street Pass adds a competitive element to the Master League mode. It will sense when another Master League team is in the vicinity, and will compare the strength of each side, their respective strategies and stats. It will then award a win to the stronger side. Those with a strong win rate on Street Pass will be promoted to an upper Street Pass Ranking until they reach the ultimate ranking – the UEFA Champions League. Similarly, as users play more and more using Street Pass, the game will unlock Classic players and teams, allowing successful users to create an incredible playing squad!

PES 2011 3D will be released for Nintendo 3DS on March 25th.

pes20113d3dspackshot.jpg

Edited by Rowan

I said "Are you getting a 3DS" and he said something along the lines of "No I like my consoles to last more than 3-5 hours?" I retorted with "Like the PSP2 which has the same battery, and melts...?"

And then defended. He's such an anti-fanboy its sad. :p

He has an iphone............ thought that was also like 3-5 hours! ;D

PSP2 looks lame. Its just all wrong.

He has an iphone............ thought that was also like 3-5 hours! ;D

PSP2 looks lame. Its just all wrong.

Exactly. I said "Everything has shit battery these days including smart phones, and that was with everything on on 3DS yadda yadda".

Easy on my eyes. I was wearing contact lenses too. For me 3D was very good. Just not impressed by the actual graphics which fall behind PSP launch games.

Easy on my eyes. I was wearing contact lenses too. For me 3D was very good. Just not impressed by the actual graphics which fall behind PSP launch games.

Yeah graphics are very disappointing so far, especially when you consider the amount of ram the thing has behind it. I'm even more frustrated by the fact that SSFIV was only running at 30fps during 3d mode :/