NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Why not remove the analog slider completely and just go back to the d-pad, then it can look great again...

Who me? I didn't design it. They could have made it look nicer is all I'm saying.

It's amazing how the range of prices it could be is so big. People are afraid they will just slap an extra hundred euros on in Europe :p I saw a rumour the other day that it would be £300 and €350 since a big online site had it priced at that, but I don't believe it.

Who me? I didn't design it. They could have made it look nicer is all I'm saying.

It's amazing how the range of prices it could be is so big. People are afraid they will just slap an extra hundred euros on in Europe :p I saw a rumour the other day that it would be and €350 since a big online site had it priced at that, but I don't believe it.

How could it be nicer? It has to be indented for comfortable, precise use.

A friend of mine recently had a hands on with the 3DS and he thinks the analogue pad is the best thing he's ever used. It's apparently really intuitive and you don't realise until later that you've never used one before

I'm skeptical about the D-Pad. I can't imagine using it for more than 10 minutes without getting cramp. I'm sure it will be fine though. If there is one thing Nintendo can do though, it's having comfortable controls.

The launch lineup is horrendous though. Layton fantastic (not gonna be english launch) and Street Fighter...if you have people to play with. Seeing further March releases for Japan just looks even more awful. I can see the US/UK launches as being nearly the same only without Layton/quirky Japanese games. No reason to get 3DS at launch unless there's going to be a massive shortage for the rest of the year.

No reason to get 3DS at launch unless there's going to be a massive shortage for the rest of the year.

Or you want to play Pokemon Black/White using a WPA encrypted network, but have no DSi and see no point in getting one now. ;)

The launch lineup is horrendous though. Layton fantastic (not gonna be english launch) and Street Fighter...if you have people to play with. Seeing further March releases for Japan just looks even more awful. I can see the US/UK launches as being nearly the same only without Layton/quirky Japanese games. No reason to get 3DS at launch unless there's going to be a massive shortage for the rest of the year.

We don't have the EU launch lineup which is likely to include the games out in Japan in march and various western developed titles such as Assassin's Creed

I think it starts at 3 Central European time, so 2pm for us.

Edited by ShadowV7

There's a one hour presentation of the 3DS beforehand, then the press get four hours to mess around with the games. There's a few developer roundtables too, not entirely sure which developers are present though.

Just seen this on Gaf. Jonathan Ross is hosting the Euro 3DS event.

UK-GAF will know exactly who he is - and he's a huge fan of both Nintendo and the 3DS. This guy has an absolutely ridiculous collection of Nintendo stuff at his home. Anyway:

Quote:

Writing on the ever growing social media site Twitter, Ross wrote “I have been invited by Nintendo to host a conference next week that gives out info on the 3DS. Tried it yesterday! Booyah!â€

Quote:

Writing on popular social media site Twitter, Ross commented “What I can say about 3DS is that the 3D is far better than I would have thought possible without glasses. Can be switched to regular 2D!â€

Whilst he confirmed that he had only been playing on a prototype model, Ross had nothing but praise for the upcoming handheld having played a number of titles including Mario Kart.

He then went on to comment that “The games that seem to benefit the most are the driving and shooting games – the perspective makes it all feel more accurate.â€

Having been queried as to the other selection of games he was able to test, Ross only teased “A few other faves coming as well – plus a few unexpected revivals!†Although, it is more than likely that the games that he was referring to have already been announced and was playing coy in case they hadn’t.

Finally, Ross revealed that he actually owned a Virtual Boy back in the day, writing “Remember the Virtual Boy?! I had one of those. Great looking but weird to play.â€

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about the VC.

There isn't really much they can say about it really though

There isn't really much they can say about it really though

"It will/won't make launch" would suffice.

"It will/won't make launch" would suffice.

I believe they said previously that Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land will be available on launch

There's also been confusion over whether the games will be retrofitted with 3D. They had demos of Xevious and other NES games 3D-fied, suggesting that classics will be retrodimensionalised* for re-release, so I'm wondering whether all VC releases will be.

*This isn't a word.

I would guess "no". We'll get the standard games. Nintendo couldn't be bothered in putting effort into a 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition - they're not going to spruce up old Game Boy titles for a Virtual Console release.

I would guess "no". We'll get the standard games. Nintendo couldn't be bothered in putting effort into a 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition - they're not going to spruce up old Game Boy titles for a Virtual Console release.

I don't see much point in them doing some in 3D, then saying "lawlno" to the rest. They might make some exceptions to some games if anything that might be deemed worthy of 3Dfication i.e ones worth doing that people will download.

Don't really think cause they didn't do much for the 25th Anniversary, so not for anything else to have is the right way to look at things. Guess Mario 64 DS was a dream.

Totally forgot about that, cheers.

I expect £200 for the 3DS, but will be massively disappointed if it's above. They definitely won't be doing themselves any favours.

£200 works out to be 237 euros which would be rounded off to 250 euros which would be exactly the same price the wii launched for.

I don't believe that well ever happen.

especially when you consider the original ds was only 150 euro at launch

Edited by mcj metroid

They said they would actually, but not every title or something.

Edit: Found the (badly translated) quote:

Other than the Virtual Console software, for Nintendo 3DS, download sales shall be made available for the classic game titles with the new 3D looks. Among the classic titles, there are some software titles which have significantly different effects on the users when they are remade for 3D viewing. As an experiment, when Xevious from Bandai-Namco was made 3D, we felt that it significantly increased its value. To make the classic titles 3D will not be as easy as providing Virtual Console software, but we are eager to make them available for the download sales. You can also purchase Nintendo DSiWare, and we will sell new download titles for Nintendo 3DS.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/presentation/textE/06.html

Edited by Ike

Thanks Retro, should be a good thread. I'm highly interested to see if this is worth spending money on this year...