Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Double post in wrong thread - how nice! And apparently my copy command didn't work so now it's lost. Oh well. It was just a small anecdote.

Edited by MindFreak

@lostmario gave me a heads up that Argos are selling off a lot of their 3DS games for stupid prices. Highlights include...

• Yokai Watch games for around £3 each ( I managed to snag these)
  • Wario Ware Gold £6
  • Fire Emblem Echoes £6
  • Hey! Pikmin £2.50
  • Mario Sports Superstars £6
  • Fire Emblem Warriors £6
  • Fire Emblem Fates (both versions) £12.99
  • Bravely Second £5

I imagine these will sell out stupidly fast so act quickly if you want any of them.

EDIT: Dragon Quest VII is also £2.50 but I haven't been able to find stock of that anywhere.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@lostmario gave me a heads up that Argos are selling off a lot of their 3DS games for stupid prices. Highlights include...

• Yokai Watch games for around £3 each ( I managed to snag these)
  • Wario Ware Gold £6
  • Fire Emblem Echoes £6
  • Hey! Pikmin £2.50
  • Mario Sports Superstars £6
  • Fire Emblem Warriors £6
  • Fire Emblem Fates (both versions) £12.99
  • Bravely Second £5

I imagine these will sell out stupidly fast so act quickly if you want any of them.

EDIT: Dragon Quest VII is also £2.50 but I haven't been able to find stock of that anywhere.

Is this online only? Because if so. I'll have to ask @Dcubed to try and get a copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. That game is too good to not buy for that price!

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is this online only? Because if so. I'll have to ask @Dcubed to try and get a copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. That game is too good to not buy for that price!

Nah, in store as well. That's if there's stock left. You can check on their website if there is any near by if you type in your postcode.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, in store as well. That's if there's stock left. You can check on their website if there is any near by if you type in your postcode.

Cheers, found one still in stock. Off to get it now.

tenor.gif

An hour trip, but totally worth it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Well, I ended up buying more than I anticipated. 

EOQX7JMXUAESaFF.jpg

I picked up the Fire Emblem games because I only have the special edition with everything on the one cart. I figured I would snap up the separate versions as well. I also picked up both versions of Yokai Watch 2 due to them only being a few quid each.

EOQXp2UWoAA-tTZ.jpg

I seen the listing for the game was the special edition. I've already got the game but figured I would take a shot and see if the game was indeed the collectors edition. Sure enough it was! Not bad for a fiver. :D Thanks again to @lostmario for the early morning message in regards to these offers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EOQXp2UWoAA-tTZ.jpg

Ah, wow. Wonder how long that's been sitting there.

I haven't looked at 3DS games for a while but I followed @Dcubed's link to the Argos site and browsed through them. Hey Pikmin is £2.49 and Metroid Federation Force is only £5.99.

Will definitely get Pikmin but I'm not sure about Federation Force. Is it designed to play single player or is it a bit clunky unless you have other people to play with?

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I haven't looked at 3DS games for a while but I followed @Dcubed's link to the Argos site and browsed through them. Hey Pikmin is £2.49 and Metroid Federation Force is only £5.99.

Will definitely get Pikmin but I'm not sure about Federation Force. Is it designed to play single player or is it a bit clunky unless you have other people to play with?

Have you reserved your copy? I imagine lots of stores are selling out quite fast at the prices the games are going for.

Whilst Metroid can be played in single player, the game really is geared/balanced towards the co-op side of things.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you reserved your copy? I imagine lots of stores are selling out quite fast at the prices the games are going for.

Whilst Metroid can be played in single player, the game really is geared/balanced towards the co-op side of things.

Just tried to order Pikmin and they don't offer it for delivery. Only available for in store pick up if the specific store has stock and it isn't in stock at my local one. 

Oh well, wasn't desperate to play it anyway just thought I might as well at that price.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Federation Force is really a co-op game.  It can be played single player, but it's really not terribly fun on your own.

It is pretty fun in co-op though.

• Thanks 1

A few more 3DS game have been reduced over at Argos.

Smash Bros £13.99
Miitopia £13.99
Bowser's Inside Story £11.99
Triforce Heroes £7.99
Mario Party: Star Rush £7.99
Captain Toad £7.99
Paper Mario: Sticker Star £7.99

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Aw man, I’m jealous of the discounts you often get! See some games that I’m missing in my collection going for dirt cheap...

So i've been using that nintendo badge arcade thing. The claw grabber type game where the pink rabbit won't stop asking you for money. It's kinda fun but the game is pretty dead. Atleast I haven't spent a single penny on it yet.

I've also been playing Picross 3D round 2 every night for a month or so now. After it's done I'll look through my 3DS backlog and see what else there is. Puzzle and Dragon maybe? I've also go those two Project X Zone games that I haven't even touched so I might try them next.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8....those are going to take a while. I started playing DQ7, got a fair ways through it and put it down. I'm afraid if I load up the save again I wouldn't know where I was or what I was doing at the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, martinist said:

Dragon Quest 7 and 8....those are going to take a while. I started playing DQ7, got a fair ways through it and put it down. I'm afraid if I load up the save again I wouldn't know where I was or what I was doing at the time.

Party Chat usually tells you what you have to do next.

• Like 1

I've picked up some more 3DS goodies.

EQL2iUfWkAECQTW?format=jpg&name=small

I seen Argos was selling the console for a decent price (£120) and I decided to pick one up given how hard they are to find now. It's not the best 3DS design but I wanted another model in case my New 2DS bites the dust. Plus, as much as I love my New 2DS, I really dislike the placement of the speakers. When playing a game at full volume you can feel the vibrations of the speakers when you hold the handheld. It's such a poor design/placement. With the New 3DS model this won't be an issue.

I've been toying with picking up Fantasy Life again for a while now. I had it back when it was released but I never really got into it for some reason. I foolishly got rid of it but I found a sealed copy on ebay for a good price and decided to snap it up. The other two games were games that Argos were selling off that I had interest in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've picked up some more 3DS goodies.

EQL2iUfWkAECQTW?format=jpg&name=small

I seen Argos was selling the console for a decent price (£120) and I decided to pick one up given how hard they are to find now. It's not the best 3DS design but I wanted another model in case my New 2DS bites the dust. Plus, as much as I love my New 2DS, I really dislike the placement of the speakers. When playing a game at full volume you can feel the vibrations of the speakers when you hold the handheld. It's such a poor design/placement. With the New 3DS model this won't be an issue.

I've been toying with picking up Fantasy Life again for a while now. I had it back when it was released but I never really got into it for some reason. I foolishly got rid of it but I found a sealed copy on ebay for a good price and decided to snap it up. The other two games were games that Argos were selling off that I had interest in. 

Nice haul. I put about 25 hours into Fantasy Life and REALLY enjoyed it, but the demand of other games got the better of me. Definitely one I'd like to go back to because it was very unique in its approach to classes and progression. 

• Thanks 1

I snaped and spent £7 in that badge catcher...they had amiibo badges and I needed them. Thats how i'm justifying this.

I've been meaning to buy another 3DS. The battery on my original New 3DS isn't lasting as long as it did when I first bought it a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, martinist said:

I snaped and spent £7 in that badge catcher...they had amiibo badges and I needed them. Thats how i'm justifying this.

I've been meaning to buy another 3DS. The battery on my original New 3DS isn't lasting as long as it did when I first bought it a few years ago.

I had the same problem with mine.  Bought a few replacement batteries direct from Nintendo and swapped out the one on mine; keeping the other batteries spare for the future.

No way would I accept any other model; the small size New 3DS is easily the best model (the twiglet stylus is unfortunate though... really wish that somebody would make a telescopic stylus that fits in the New3DS' stylus slot...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I had the same problem with mine.  Bought a few replacement batteries direct from Nintendo and swapped out the one on mine; keeping the other batteries spare for the future.

Do you know if it's still possible to get them? My NEW 3DS is about 4 years old now and the battery doesn't usually go beyond 2 hours.

What about eBay? Amazon? or is it better to buy official ones direct from the big N?