NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Did anyone else get stars for Majora's mask 3D (the game) in their MM new 3ds? i thought we got none for the system and games from now on

Did anyone else get stars for Majora's mask 3D (the game) in their MM new 3ds? i thought we got none for the system and games from now on

April is when stars in new games stop

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/247013-rumor-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-may-see-new-3ds-remake

This better not be true because if it happens anywhere, I want it to be on the Wii U.

Hope not, i think we've seen enough Zelda remakes on the 3DS now. Put Twilight Princess (if it should be remade considering it can be played on the WiiU via Wii controls) on the WiiU.

If there is any other Zelda game worth remaking, it's Skyward Sword. On the WiiU with Gamepad controls in glorious HD

I don't see the point in doing a remake of something that will look worse than what it originally was on (like with Xenoblade). Do it justice on the Wii U, man!

The only benefit I can see from Nintendo's eyes is that the sales would probably be better on 3DS. Ocarina of Time 3D sold 3.35m copies as of last March, Wind Waker HD sold 1.22m copies, though I'll concede WW had only been out half a year by that point. There was a massive jump in Wii U sales when Wind Waker was re-released, Zelda usually has that sort of clout. 3DS just makes more sense because of the bigger established audience already buying Majora's Mask 3D in droves, I suppose.

Twilight Princess is, in my opinion, the most cinematic Zelda game yet, so I do hope it skips the 3DS and eventually gets the HD remaster it deserves.

When the hinge of my New 3DS XL is in the normal/fully open position, there's a bit of "give", just a mm or two where it moves back and forth easily (eg, by tilting the device). Is that normal? :/

Maybe it's just the size/weight of this device vs the original 3DS that makes it noticeable.

giphy.gif

He's covering his ears! Show him the SNES buttons!

abxy.png

Mmmmmm... Don't they look positively, absolutely delicious?

They're too naughty for Americans.

I'm starting to worry about myself a bit...

I must say, this Majora's Mask Edition console is one sexy bit of kit, it's lovely!

I'm trading my old 3DS in tomorrow and will be picking up Bayonetta 1&2 and maybe a couple other games. Then MH4U on Friday!

I might nip into GAME tomorrow when I'm in town to see if they have a New 3DS that I can get my hands on to see what it's like. No doubt it will convince me to get one in the months ahead :red:

When the hinge of my New 3DS XL is in the normal/fully open position, there's a bit of "give", just a mm or two where it moves back and forth easily (eg, by tilting the device). Is that normal? :/

Maybe it's just the size/weight of this device vs the original 3DS that makes it noticeable.

Yeah its normal to have a bit of looseness, since the breaking hinges of the DS lite they've let them all have some give, but generally my Xl is tight upto the sweet spot where it has a tiny bit of give

So my originally pre-ordered Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate New 3DS XL arrived today...

It didn't come with any seal over the box so I decided to open it up and take some - poor quality Vita camera - pics.

15gczzp.jpg

263kis8.jpg

2n84nsm.jpg

11rxf2v.jpg

14wg9ye.jpg

I'm half-tempted to upgrade right now but it seems like Amazon actually came through with that Majora's Mask XL pre-order which I wasn't expecting.

So I will wait, being that I'm 95% certain that I'll want to upgrade to the Zelda model when that arrives tomorrow, assuming it's in good condition.

Still... really tempted to switch over. :heh:

So my originally pre-ordered Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate New 3DS XL arrived today...

It didn't come with any seal over the box so I decided to open it up and take some - poor quality Vita camera - pics.

15gczzp.jpg

263kis8.jpg

2n84nsm.jpg

11rxf2v.jpg

14wg9ye.jpg

I'm half-tempted to upgrade right now but it seems like Amazon actually came through with that Majora's Mask XL pre-order which I wasn't expecting.

So I will wait, being that I'm 95% certain that I'll want to upgrade to the Zelda model when that arrives tomorrow, assuming it's in good condition.

Still... really tempted to switch over. :heh:

You ordered BOTH?! And have the Ambassador's Edition too?

Greedy Sam!:D

You ordered BOTH?! And have the Ambassador's Edition too?

Greedy Sam!:D

Needless to say I can't afford to keep them all - I'm really thankful for my credit card this month - so I'll have to choose one ultimately and I think we all know it will probably end up being the Majora's Mask XL but being that I originally pre-ordered the MH4U edition while the MM edition promptly sold out it made sense to keep the pre-order as the Monster Hunter one sold out too.

Then I got in on the Amazon pre-order for £20 more less the figure and charger so I kept it thinking 'Amazon will never actually deliver for release...' and now they have so that's the one I'll likely end up keeping, then I'll have to put the MH and Ambassador Edition up so that I can at least make my money back that I paid just so I don't end up out of pocket.

One good thing will come out of it though, for a brief period of time I will have all three in my possession so I was thinking of getting my brother - who is keen on photography - to take some high resolution comparison shots which I thought might make a nice feature for the site if that's something that people would be interested in? : peace:

This has turned into a rather busy week off work! :heh:

Got my new microSD card, upgraded to 16GB from my 8GB which was full. Transferring all the data over now to save time when it arrives. My order from Amazon France has been dispatched, but probably won't be here until Monday, so I'll have to spend all weekend getting jealous of you all! At least I've got Metroid Prime Trilogy to keep me going!

Don't you just love the launch of a console and a Zelda game?! :D

Behold! The most unique New 3DS on this website!

10854935_729790533806060_922542606023486679_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

They're both the same decals, but somehow, the New 3DS one looks more sleek.

No idea how that happened...

The 5 Types of People Who Are Going To Get The New 3DS XL

ef2e6930ae.jpg

cd7f4c118b.jpg

572c156730.jpg

63f4eb20a3.jpg

10a29334a8.jpg

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/entertainment/lol-entertainment/5-types-new-3ds-xl/

http://www.dorkly.com/post/72324/the-5-types-of-people-who-are-gonna-get-the-new-3ds-xl

I think the obsessive collector could apply to quite a few people on this site and that text bubble could be reworked for many a Nintendo product. amiibo being another obvious example.

Edited by Wii
spelling mistake

That's great - I'm #1 and my girlfriend will probably eventually become #5 in a few months :heh:

What a day for releases. I copped Zelda and Ironfall. Will get MH4 in a couple of weeks.

Next purchase will be a new faceplate.

I'm picking up MH4U at lunch and Ironfall when I get home. Great day indeed!

Anyone gone from the 3DS XL to New 3DS XL (A #5 from above :p) tell me whether they fit in an average sized 3DS XL case?

I just bought one from America so too late to go back now, but meh :3

Anyone gone from the 3DS XL to New 3DS XL (A #5 from above :p) tell me whether they fit in an average sized 3DS XL case?

I just bought one from America so too late to go back now, but meh :3

I'd say there is no difference in size, but there is, its about 1mm thicker due to what looks like better things to stop screens rubbing

so the average case certainly, but if it has any cut outs for headphone/card slots then it won't since they've moved

Hmm I think the hinge having a bit of 'give' to it was the same on the original XL model, however my MM New 3DS XL arrived today and not only does it have the normal movement on the hinge but it also moves slightly to the left and right as well... did yours have this as well?

It's only when significantly tilting the unit far left or right, probably more than would be used in game so it's not a huge deal but I just wondered if it was a thing with all of them or just mine, if it's just mine then I may consider going with the Monster Hunter one instead if it has a sturdier hinge... but the gold, is so shiny. :blank:

Also noticed before I turned it on that there is - again as this happened with my XL unit - a very small, minute defect in the screen, as in barely noticeable, it's nothing like what I had with the XL as this isn't visible when I turn the machine on so it's not a dead pixel and won't ruin my enjoyment of the system as it did with the XL but still, just small things. :heh:

The actual system itself is magnificent! :)

My X & Y buttons on my XL have some blemishes on them like where the plastic as its formed has left a darker line. Its barely noticable.....but part of me wonders could i replace them with snes buttons