NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

NOA are only releasing the N3ds XL version. No regular size or faceplates for Americans.

Bizarre decision.

NOA are only releasing the N3ds XL version. No regular size or faceplates for Americans.

Bizarre decision.

Wow. That ain't going to go down well.

Re: The Majoras Mask New 3DS XL.

I want one asap and I don't want to miss out :p Do these editions normally sell through all the usual channels, or only on Nintendo's store? Will I have to act fast?

Re: The Majoras Mask New 3DS XL.

I want one asap and I don't want to miss out :p Do these editions normally sell through all the usual channels, or only on Nintendo's store? Will I have to act fast?

I imagine the Nintendo Store will be the first place to put up the preorders.

Do Nintendo take payment immediately? I have a lot of amazon vouchers... but I'll probably order from both just in case :D

Do Nintendo take payment immediately? I have a lot of amazon vouchers... but I'll probably order from both just in case :D

Nah, they charge when the item ships if using a card. You may be able to pay straight away via Paypal though.

I feel pretty bad for America. Has it been 100% confirmed they are only getting the XL?

I feel pretty bad for America. Has it been 100% confirmed they are only getting the XL?

Yes confirmed. Kinda crazy.

Why would you want the smaller one? (Genuine question, <-- out of the loop) Just to fit in your pocket?

Edited by Shorty

Why would you want the smaller one? (Genuine question, <-- out of the loop) Just to fit in your pocket?

Personally, I like the smaller one due to the SNES buttons and the face plates. Though with the LE Monster Hunter machine arriving over here, i'm in a bit of a pickle.

Ah I quite like the look of the white one with the Snes buttons too... I guess I'll have to make a decision between that and the MM XL...

Personally, I like the smaller one due to the SNES buttons and the face plates. Though with the LE Monster Hunter machine arriving over here, i'm in a bit of a pickle.

I had a regular 3DS and XL and now have a regular n3ds.

I prefer the smaller form factor.

Apparently the US don't get Majoras Mask game with their LE handheld. First they don't get the normal model and now this. Very strange.

Perhaps they got a very large number of MM pre-orders? Personally I would've happily had the console without the game so I could keep my pre-order for the steel-tin/poster/badge version.

Just read someone speculating that the USA isn't getting the New 3DS, only the XL, because their SNES didn't have colour buttons like ours did. Their buttons were purple.

Would be a silly reason not to release it - but it is an extremely bizarre situation.

Any source on that? :)

Various sites are saying it, can't link as using my mobile

The Americans really are getting the short end of the stick. As well as not getting the New 3DS, buyers of the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL have to buy the game separately. Bizarre decisions.

Just read someone speculating that the USA isn't getting the New 3DS, only the XL, because their SNES didn't have colour buttons like ours did. Their buttons were purple.

Would be a silly reason not to release it - but it is an extremely bizarre situation.

That would be an absurd reason.

I think its just Nintendo doing what they always do and making some decisions which don't really make sense.

That's not why they're not getting it :p

The Americans really are getting the short end of the stick. As well as not getting the New 3DS, buyers of the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL have to buy the game separately. Bizarre decisions.

Look at the meltdown over no AC adaptor.

Personally I think Nintendo need to stop that practice. Every device which requires a charge should come with a packed in AC adaptor.

The prices for the New 3DS and New 3DS XL are exactly as I expected.

If I decide to pick up a New 3DS XL too, it's probably going to be that Majora's Mask one.