NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Here's a photo of the Smash Bros. faceplate.

g0wY6dt.jpg

A spokesperson from Nintendo of Europe gave the following quote to Eurogamer about who qualifies for the invitation:

"The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador offer is by email invitation only for selected Club Nintendo members in Europe only who fulfil a certain criteria, we are unable to disclose such business information, however we would like to reassure you that we are continually looking at different promotional offerings we can bring to consumers at various times throughout the year.

The terms and conditions for such promotional activities are individual to each promotion,but we will endeavour to bring you more promotional activities in the future, which we hope you will be able to take advantage of."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-06-new-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-edition-goes-on-sale

I don't know if you've ever tried but we can't order products from the Nintendo store. They don't deliver to Ireland.

Didnt know you didnt get an email, yeah I thought that too when I saw the email but when I read it as @Glen\-i said there is a link for Irish customers :D

When is the handheld launching officially anyway?

Interesting...

Wonder why I was eligible...

No idea... It just says 2015.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

Didnt know you didnt get an email, yeah I thought that too when I saw the email but when I read it as @Glen\-i said there is a link for Irish customers :D

Potentially not for at least three months, or whenever Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate comes out anyway. :heh:

You could get one and do an unboxing video/review for N-E :) just an idea, if you were already thinking of getting one. : peace:

Or you could sell it on eBay for extra cash ;) apparently there are already some listings up there for up to something daft like £400! :o

It's bound to be a pretty limited model though so if it was me I'd probably keep it. :D

Not that I can buy one of these, but I'll gladly wait for the new system to launch properly here.

Really need a new game like MH4 to get excited about owning the New 3DS. I assume it'll release over here when that does, which is pretty much perfect.

In addition, the exclusive cover plate is really average, so much more could and should have been done with an Ambassador design. The Smash cover is also stilll widely available in Japan IIRC.

Nice to see the faceplates will be reasonably priced at launch here at least. I was expecting a tenner.

Nice to see the faceplates will be reasonably priced at launch here at least. I was expecting a tenner.

They probably will be that price...

...in GAME. ;)

Actually scratch that, they'll be double the RRP most likely so £15...

...per plate. :indeed:

Will be interesting to see how much the faceplates/cradle are at retail since they are actually cheaper than importing from Japan.

I believe it's linked to each persons Nintendo account, so i don't believe those whom don't want one (or are waiting for the XL) could give the code/email out. However, they could buy it for said persons wanting one and send it to them.

I missed out too :(

If anyone has a spare one they dont want happy to pay some extra on top as a gesture of good will please pm me .

Apparently my New 3DS is out for delivery today. Lucky I'm not at work this week.

Here's a photo of the Smash Bros. faceplate.

g0wY6dt.jpg

A spokesperson from Nintendo of Europe gave the following quote to Eurogamer about who qualifies for the invitation:

"The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador offer is by email invitation only for selected Club Nintendo members in Europe only who fulfil a certain criteria, we are unable to disclose such business information, however we would like to reassure you that we are continually looking at different promotional offerings we can bring to consumers at various times throughout the year.

The terms and conditions for such promotional activities are individual to each promotion,but we will endeavour to bring you more promotional activities in the future, which we hope you will be able to take advantage of."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-06-new-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-edition-goes-on-sale

I doubt that there's any real specific criteria, just that they draw a shortlist of the most active 10% or so of customers and then choose a set of a couple of thousand or so randomly out of that shortlist. It's a way of making people feel special through a bit of Customer Relationship Management and generating a bit of excitement (pretty much the same way that the Toad/Mario/Peach 3DS giveaway worked). Still chuffed that my sister was lucky enough to get the Toad one! And now we've been chosen again! Clearly luck is being left to heaven here! :D

Also that Smash Bros faceplate is a really nice bonus for me because I was gonna get the Japanese one, but I noticed that it had the Japanese logo on it and I didn't want that - also trying to get the Australian faceplates was like completely impossible at the time, so I went with a Luigi one instead before I got the console itself!

I missed out too :(

Crazy. So that's you, myself, Dazzybee and Serebii that didn't get a sniff. That's arguably 4 of the biggest spenders on here in terms of buying Nintendo products and games and yet everyone else and their mum ( quite literally ) gets a code. Nice to see Nintendo rewarding the most faithful. :D

I don't think there was any criteria, despite what a Nintendo Rep might say. I personally think it came down to this.

namesOutOfHat.png

Crazy. So that's you, myself, Dazzybee and Serebii that didn't get a sniff. That's arguably 4 of the biggest spenders on here in terms of buying Nintendo products and games and yet everyone else and their mum ( quite literally ) gets a code. Nice to see Nintendo rewarding the most faithful. :D

I don't think there was any criteria, despite what a Nintendo Rep might say. I personally think it came down to this.

namesOutOfHat.png

Had friends and even people over at GAF offer me theirs, but I don't want it if I wasn't chosen </grumpy> :p

Did you guys register a 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS on your account? The people I know who received it did, but I haven't got a 2DS. Maybe that's it

Had friends and even people over at GAF offer me theirs, but I don't want it if I wasn't chosen </grumpy> :p

Did you guys register a 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS on your account? The people I know who received it did, but I haven't got a 2DS. Maybe that's it

Nah, I got the email and I'm the same as you. 3DS & 3DSxl but no 2DS yet.

Nah, I got the email and I'm the same as you. 3DS & 3DSxl but no 2DS yet.

There goes my theory then.

I've been registered on Club Nintendo for over a decade, have spent thousands and am overwhelmingly positive about them and I get nothing. Pah </grumpy>

I don't even have an XL registered, just my launch day 3ds, same for my mother.

I would also like to reassure @Hero\-of\-Time that I have an obscene amount of Nintendo products on which I have spent more money than I want to think about, and her collection isn't too shabby either! :heh:

There goes my theory then.

I've been registered on Club Nintendo for over a decade, have spent thousands and am overwhelmingly positive about them and I get nothing. Pah </grumpy>

Me too (perhaps not overwhelmingly positive). I was not interested in getting the New 3DS, but dammit Nintendo, I have the money for the thing now and if you had offered me the chance to get one early I would have bitten. By the time it comes out I will have spent the money and I would again realise that they have not actually presented a compelling game related reason to upgrade,

I was never going to get a code if it's anything to do with registering Nintendo points codes which I'd say it is. I don't register them anymore, it's just not worth it. I'm not filling out constant surveys for points, the Club prizes are crap for the most part and in years to come having unscratched points cards may be more beneficial when it comes to a games value.

I'd rather they did a check on your activity log for qualification. Nintendo keep track of all of that information, what games you've played and for how long. I'm fairly sure it's not the way they did this though.

I didn't get an email either, it's probably mostly random. Not that interested as I want a black new 3DS anyway.

Got mine delivered today, doesn't seem to be any stars with it. Think it will register automatically when I do system transfer?

I spend fuckin loads on Nintendo stuff and I've registered about 95 DS consoles over the years :heh: and I didn't win the Chotto Peach 3ds I had to buy it off eBay, so it was my time... haha. Though I don't think I'm even gonna buy this. :blank:

But I'm soooo tempted.

I spend fuckin loads on Nintendo stuff and I've registered about 95 DS consoles over the years :heh: and I didn't win the Chotto Peach 3ds I had to buy it off eBay, so it was my time... haha. Though I don't think I'm even gonna buy this. :blank:

But I'm soooo tempted.

Well, let me know if you decide not to go for it as I'd gladly PayPal you the cash... even though I know that I shouldn't as I've only really just finished paying for last years expenses. :indeed:

But I'm just saying, unless you were thinking of buying it for one of your family members, or if you were going to sell to anyone else, perhaps you could even order it then eBay it for however much your Peach 3DS cost you? That would even things out. ;)

Anyway... just another option but if you did decide to sell me it then I'd definitely do an unboxing feature for the site - in pictures and text anyway as I have zero experience with making videos :blank: - so that would be something. : peace:

Ultimately I was hoping to hold out for the XL but to get a limited edition of the New 3DS and to get it early would certainly be something special indeed. :)

Though I do wonder what would happen if in the unlikely but possible event that the unit had a dead pixel, that's always at the back of my mind but hopefully that issue is next to non-existent now.

I didn't get an email either, it's probably mostly random. Not that interested as I want a black new 3DS anyway.

Yup. Black for me as well, if I decided to upgrade that is.

Well, let me know if you decide not to go for it as I'd gladly PayPal you the cash... even though I know that I shouldn't as I've only really just finished paying for last years expenses. :indeed:

But I'm just saying, unless you were thinking of buying it for one of your family members, or if you were going to sell to anyone else, perhaps you could even order it then eBay it for however much your Peach 3DS cost you? That would even things out. ;)

Anyway... just another option but if you did decide to sell me it then I'd definitely do an unboxing feature for the site - in pictures and text anyway as I have zero experience with making videos :blank: - so that would be something. : peace:

Ultimately I was hoping to hold out for the XL but to get a limited edition of the New 3DS and to get it early would certainly be something special indeed. :)

Though I do wonder what would happen if in the unlikely but possible event that the unit had a dead pixel, that's always at the back of my mind but hopefully that issue is next to non-existent now.

I'll definitely send it your way Sam if I don't decide to take advantage of it.

:) I'll have a think and then make a decision sharpish.

And the Peach 3ds was a bit of a steal actually. Managed to bag it for like £170 off eBay, so no where near what the Toad and Mario ones went for. Which is odd, as the Peach 3ds is infinitely better. :indeed::laughing:

But yeah, once I decide I'll let you know!