NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I thought DCubed's track record was pretty decent for predictions?

The only thing I think he got wrong recently was the Smash WiiU release date.

(I'm probably wrong, though)

You are indeed wrong because I was half right about Smash Bros Wii U ;) (I'm not letting that one go lol! We're still waiting for two online modes, a Miiverse stage and Mewtwo that were all delayed till next year. I have a perfect track record thus far and I intend to keep it that way! :p )

Mind you though, I totally didn't call Mega Beedrill; you definitely 1uped me there!

Edited by Dcubed

The fact you refuse to admit you were completely wrong about Smash shows we shouldn't listen to your "record" - they're probably all wrong but you twist each one to make it right! :)

@Hero\-of\-Time

Just out of interest what games are you planning to sell?

The fact you refuse to admit you were completely wrong about Smash shows we shouldn't listen to your "record" - they're probably all wrong but you twist each one to make it right! :)

I know this might sound crazy but I am half joking here with Smash... You know... having a bit of a laff ;) (only half mind you, cause I was still partly right :p)

Ok carry on! Hey! Did you guys know that the New3DS is totally awesome and coming out next year over here? Cause I do! :D

Wonder what they have cooking up in terms of retail game localisations for us this year... So far we know pretty much nothing outside of what's coming out after April when MM3D comes out (yeah there's Xenoblade 3DS, Yokai Watch and hopefully Jam With The Band Professional coming out next year, but lord knows when next year). Hope they're planning on dipping deeper into the catalogue of 3rd party titles to localise (Bravely Second, the bevy of Dragon Quest titles, Ex Troopers, Inazuma Eleven Go 2, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy Explorers, Hero Bank 1 & 2, Rodea: The Sky Soldier etc).

What 3rd party 3DS games are you hoping to get localised by Nintendo? (Or indeed someone else)

Edited by Dcubed

Have to say I agree with you there, seen him wrong on a number of occasions but then twist or pick out a very small facet to claim being 'right'. :p

Wonder what they have cooking up in terms of retail game localisations for us this year... So far we know pretty much nothing outside of what's coming out after April when MM3D comes out (yeah there's Xenoblade 3DS, Yokai Watch and hopefully Jam With The Band Professional coming out next year, but lord knows when next year). Hope they're planning on dipping deeper into the catalogue of 3rd party titles to localise (Bravely Second, the bevy of Dragon Quest titles, Ex Troopers, Inazuma Eleven Go 2, Theatrhythm Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy Explorers, Hero Bank 1 & 2, Rodea: The Sky Soldier etc).

What 3rd party 3DS games are you hoping to get localised by Nintendo? (Or indeed someone else)

Certainly Dragon Quest VII. Not 100% sure I'd have time for Monsters or the other spin-offs (although I probably would), but I definitely want VII.

Etrian Odyssey Untold II is another one, although I've completed the original and am getting behind with the series in general.

And of course, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse could be as late as February.

So yeah, could be a good year just on localisations. The DQ games alone would keep me occupied.

So those of you lucky ones who got yourself a New Nintendo 3ds... what are your thoughts now you've had it a bit?

Like it, feel like it's a good upgrade? Things you don't like about it?

I've been looking into them a lot more recently. The speed of the thing coming in and out of games and the improvement of Miiverse load times alone make it seem worthy of my cash!

Be good to hear some thoughts! : peace:

So those of you lucky ones who got yourself a New Nintendo 3ds... what are your thoughts now you've had it a bit?

I've been looking into them a lot more recently. The speed of the thing coming in and out of games and the improvement of Miiverse load times alone make it seem worthy of my cash!

I upgraded from the original 3DS to a New 3DS XL, so it feels like a massive upgrade. Maybe from the age of my old machine, or the sheer amount of downloads, etc. I have, the old machine struggled at times to load up games or applications, would freeze at times when pressing the Home button whilst in game. And the battery life was terrible.

Fast forward to today, and all those problems have gone away. Games load up faster, The C-stick is an awesome addition for games like Monster Hunter, Miiverse is as fast as it is on the Wii U, the clarity and contrast of the screens is much more vibrant and clear, the battery life is far greater (due to it being unused as yet), no lock-up's in evidence yet, and I can now use the internet browser just fine.

Things I don't like about it - nothing really, but the only thing I didn't like about the original was the lack of the C-stick and having to attach the boat for some games, that problem has disappeared.

In all, I'm well happy with my purchase, and can't wait for those enhanced and exclusive games to come out, especially Xenoblade, never played it on the Wii as I had a Japanese one. But, remember it is a 3DS not new hardware.

Edited by londragon

Faster Miiverse and a usable web browser is certainly nice

And so is the Game Notes feature which I honestly forgot about, mostly never used it because it was too slow.

The only negative is that the Micro SD slot is locked away

Thanks for your thoughts!

It's on my Christmas list, whether or not they managed to get me one and if it arrives in time, we'll see.

Definitely looking forward to getting it though. I love my Peach 3DS, but I need to retire it and get it on the shelf.

Does the new right stick / nub work with RE: Revelations?

Thanks for your thoughts!

It's on my Christmas list, whether or not they managed to get me one and if it arrives in time, we'll see.

Definitely looking forward to getting it though. I love my Peach 3DS, but I need to retire it and get it on the shelf.

Does the new right stick / nub work with RE: Revelations?

Yes, it does. Just like how the old CPP worked.

I think its fantastic. Very well built, great 3D and face plates are awesome. It's quick enough as well.

I dropped mine from a decent height and my heart stopped as I thought it would be damaged in some way but it survived without a scratch on it.

temporary_zps5ed60c03.jpg

I was a good boy this year!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I have a question regarding it though...

What's all this I'm reading about micro SD card? Can I not use a normal SD? If so what do I do? Guess I need to buy a new micro SD and do a PC transfer of files? So copy the data from current SD onto computer, plug new micro SD in and effectively paste it on?

That's shite if so. I wanted to start using it now! :(

What's all this I'm reading about micro SD card? Can I not use a normal SD? If so what do I do? Guess I need to buy a new micro SD and do a PC transfer of files? So copy the data from current SD onto computer, plug new micro SD in and effectively paste it on?

Congratulations. ANd, yes that's all true, no normal SD card works, it has to be a micro SD card. It does come with a 4GB micro SD card. If like me that's not big enough you will have to purchase a new one, and copy and paste as you said. I tried to copy directly from SD card to micro SD card, but it fucked up along the way. I recommend you copy to PC first, then from PC to SD micro.

Congratulations. ANd, yes that's all true, no normal SD card works, it has to be a micro SD card. It does come with a 4GB micro SD card. If like me that's not big enough you will have to purchase a new one, and copy and paste as you said. I tried to copy directly from SD card to micro SD card, but it fucked up along the way. I recommend you copy to PC first, then from PC to SD micro.

Thanks londragon. Urgh. No 4gb no where near enough. :(

I have all my games downloaded on 3ds so I need like 32gb.

Looks like a trip to Argos in the morning!

Thanks. Have a great day! : peace:

temporary_zps5ed60c03.jpg

I was a good boy this year!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I have a question regarding it though...

Get any face plates with that or any your planning to pick up?

Get any face plates with that or any your planning to pick up?

I didn't unfortunately Ike.

But I want to ASAP. I hate the all white look. Love it inside with the colourful buttons, but the outside is crying out for a face plate. I actually think it's a pretty genius move from Nintendo to allow customisation like that. At first I wasn't sure about it, but now i have one I can see the appeal of the swapping and changing.

Regarding ones I have my eye on. Well. Do you need to ask...?? :heh:

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-003-peach-388837.1.jpg

Just coz.

But I also really like this one:

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-044-mario-camouflage-green-387495.1.jpg

Gonna try pick up both.

Did you get any?

Great present @Aneres11!

Can't wait to hear some impressions of that size New 3DS.

If you can't wait that long, check out my own impressions that I posted a little while's back when I got mine :)

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1722633&postcount=6202

Using my Japanese 3DS that I just got as an Xmas present feels like such a huge step back after getting comfy with the New3DS! (A necessary evil mind you, now that I can at least play Japanese games!) The JPN eShop really is overwhelming and bursting with content! I'm having a blast just ploughing through all the demos and free stuff on there right now! :D

And now after playing the 3DS versions of Ex Troopers and Puyo Puyo Tetris, (well, their respective demos at least) I'm even more gutted that they haven't been released in English :(

Edited by Dcubed

If you can't wait that long, check out my own impressions that I posted a little while's back when I got mine :)

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1722633&postcount=6202

Using my Japanese 3DS that I just got as an Xmas present feels like such a huge step back after getting comfy with the New3DS! (A necessary evil mind you, now that I can at least play Japanese games!) The JPN eShop really is overwhelming and bursting with content! I'm having a blast just ploughing through all the demos and free stuff on there right now! :D

And now after playing the 3DS versions of Ex Troopers and Puyo Puyo Tetris, (well, their respective demos at least) I'm even more gutted that they haven't been released in English :(

Ex troopers is a great game. You should download that now as it's on sale.

Ex troopers is a great game. You should download that now as it's on sale.

Yeah, I've got it on PS3 and it really is a great little game! Completely playable without Japanese knowledge too, it's easy enough to just fumble your way through; even the simple story is understandable enough without knowing the language!

I do think that the 3DS version plays better than the PS3 one myself, so I'm considering picking it up...

There's a few I've got my eyes on, like the 3DS Taiko Drum Master games and the Puyo Puyo games (I'll probably still get the PS3 version of Puyo Puyo Tetris though for the sake of that all important local multiplayer, just waiting for a price drop on the digital version cause I want it on my system at all times!)

I'm not gonna get anything that will probably come out in English though, so I'm gonna give stuff like Final Fantasy Explorers or Band Bros P a miss for now. Speaking of which though, I do like the demo for FFExplorers; it's pretty fun and is also more FF esc than I was expecting (the music in particular is really nice!)

It's not a game I can really fumble through though, I'd definetly need a translation guide to be able to figure out how to do quests, but I'm pretty certain that it'll see an English release (when was the last time we didn't get an FF related game in English? FF5?) so I'll just wait it out :)

The camera control sans Circle Pad Pro/New3DS is terrible though! It definitely assumes that you have either one!

Edited by Dcubed

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why oh why oh why oh why would Nintendo decide to put the fucking memory card slot underneath the SCREWED IN backplate?

Stupidest design decision I've ever known.

I have spent my morning queuing up in Argos for a memory card, then got home and spent half an hour looking for a small enough screwdriver to get the god damn back plate off. And I don't have one. :( Trip to B&Q for me I think.

These back plates are hardly easily swapped when they're screwed in at the back.

It's just wound me up tbh.

In other news. I need to do the system transfer shortly. Which I'm sure I'll have more joy from :indeed:but before I do, do I need to transfer the moment card FIRST, and then do the system transfer or start the system transfer and then swap the memory cards and do the transfer.

Dunno what's best.

Always worries me doing this transfer! The thought of losing all my downloaded content scares me!!

Thanks

Yeah, I've got it on PS3 and it really is a great little game! Completely playable without Japanese knowledge too, it's easy enough to just fumble your way through; even the simple story is understandable enough without knowing the language!

I do think that the 3DS version plays better than the PS3 one myself, so I'm considering picking it up...

There's a few I've got my eyes on, like the 3DS Taiko Drum Master games and the Puyo Puyo games (I'll probably still get the PS3 version of Puyo Puyo Tetris though for the sake of that all important local multiplayer, just waiting for a price drop on the digital version cause I want it on my system at all times!)

I'm not gonna get anything that will probably come out in English though, so I'm gonna give stuff like Final Fantasy Explorers or Band Bros P a miss for now. Speaking of which though, I do like the demo for FFExplorers; it's pretty fun and is also more FF esc than I was expecting (the music in particular is really nice!)

It's not a game I can really fumble through though, I'd definetly need a translation guide to be able to figure out how to do quests, but I'm pretty certain that it'll see an English release (when was the last time we didn't get an FF related game in English? FF5?) so I'll just wait it out :)

The camera control sans Circle Pad Pro/New3DS is terrible though! It definitely assumes that you have either one!

Taiko is great.. I have band Bros also.

Puyo Puyo Tetris I am now thinking maybe PS4 version unless the 3DS version gets a price drop.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why oh why oh why oh why would Nintendo decide to put the fucking memory card slot underneath the SCREWED IN backplate?

Stupidest design decision I've ever known.

That's actually unbelievable!