NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

A wild 2DS appeared!

IMG_20141106_213339.jpg

IMG_20141106_213501.jpg

I'll try to get some better pics later.

The Nintendo Store have gotten better at getting deliveries on time.

Considering picking up a transparent 2DS to add to the collection. I keep telling myself that I really shouldn't but those pictures make it look so nice.

so I just noticed that WRC: World Rally Championship is scheduled for release on the 28th november.

actually interested in this and hoping it will be good, decent realistic driving game on nintendo hardware is hard to come by.

3dswrc.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Ben-BBI002-UK-RB-WRC-Nintendo/dp/B00MOMLFJ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415565101&sr=1-1&keywords=wrc+3ds

Edited by khilafah

so I just noticed that WRC: World Rally Championship is scheduled for release on the 28th november.

actually interested in this and hoping it will be good, decent realistic driving game on nintendo hardware is hard to come by.

3dswrc.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Ben-BBI002-UK-RB-WRC-Nintendo/dp/B00MOMLFJ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415565101&sr=1-1&keywords=wrc+3ds

Would love to hear some impressions from you if you ever pick it up :smile:

I haven't really played a 'proper' rally game since the N64/GC days so wouldn't mind dipping into something like this.. if it's any good :heh:

I can't believe any of you think this'll be anything other than awful

where did any of us said it wouldnt be awful.

i said that i am hoping it is decent as a good driving sim on nintendo hardware would be great news.

where did any of us said it wouldnt be awful.

i said that i am hoping it is decent as a good driving sim on nintendo hardware would be great news.

Even that glimmer of hope is too much :) I hope it surprises, but i really can't see it!

I can't believe any of you think this'll be anything other than awful

..says the ultimate Spurs optimist :heh:

I've thoroughly enjoyed games such as V-Rally 2 and Colin McRae Rally on PS1 in the past so it would be nice to have something new that could tap into those memories, even if I suspect this to be unlikely : peace:

My hope is that firebrand developed some decent driving games on DS which had hardware limitations.

Does anyone else now find it impossible to connect to their home internet, I updated the system to get Diancie but now have an incorrect security key message!

So it has finally happened. There's a game with a save file exploit and a homebrew launcher is due for release in a matter of days...

Why doesn't Nintendo just blacklist the retail game now, before it's too late? We know what game is the culprit (why thanks Ubisoft!), so they know which game to block...

Then issue an update that outright stops the game from running, issue a recall for the retail games and update the eShop version.

They managed to stop the same thing from happening with that one game that blew open the DSi's security with its own save file exploit, just do the same thing again! (Granted, it's more difficult because it's a retail title, but it can still be done here and now regardless!)

Edited by Dcubed

So i started playing this last night...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I was gonna chronicle my adventure, much like i've done with my other VC games but the 3DS Miiverse is soooooooooooooooo slow. :(

I've enjoyed what i've played on the game so far. I love how meaty the sprites are. It gives the game a very clean finish. The random battles on the map area reminds me of Zelda II. You enter an area, scroll left and right to kill the enemies and then leave.

I figured I would play through this one and then the NES sequel ( bought it on the Wii U last night ) in the hope the Demons Crest will land on the Wii U VC soon.

@Dcubed I assume you have played through these or at least DC. Is it as good as the RFN guys say it is?

So i started playing this last night...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I was gonna chronicle my adventure, much like i've done with my other VC games but the 3DS Miiverse is soooooooooooooooo slow. :(

I've enjoyed what i've played on the game so far. I love how meaty the sprites are. It gives the game a very clean finish. The random battles on the map area reminds me of Zelda II. You enter an area, scroll left and right to kill the enemies and then leave.

I figured I would play through this one and then the NES sequel ( bought it on the Wii U last night ) in the hope the Demons Crest will land on the Wii U VC soon.

@Dcubed I assume you have played through these or at least DC. Is it as good as the RFN guys say it is?

I haven't played Demon's Crest or Gargoyle's Quest 2 yet (though I do own the latter on Wii U), but I did enjoy the 1st game :)

It's a bit slow paced and can feel a bit sluggish, but it's a pretty unique little game. Very reminiscent of Zelda 2, like you said, but more exploration focused and the platforming takes precedence over combat.

It does require a lot of patience, but it is a pretty satisfying experience overall :)

and yes, 3DS Miiverse is terribly slow, I don't use it nearly as much as on Wii U because of that...

... until I get my New3DS next week that is! ;)

@Dcubed I'm quite shocked you never played Demon's Crest as a kid. Seemed like the kinda quirky, not well known type of game you would have played. Hopefully we will both get the chance soon.

I finished Gargoyles Quest earlier.

I made my impressions brief on Miiverse and won't bother saying the same thing on here. I will add that I loved the flying/hovering moves. You start off not being able to fly far but eventually upgrade so that you can fly constantly. Some of the jumps you need to make do well to use this mechanic, especially when you need to shoot the walls to creating jumping/hanging points.

Very pleased I picked it up and I look forward to starting the sequel on the Wii U VC.

Speaking off the VC catalogue, why in the hell are there certain NES games on 3DS but not on the Wii U? I find it a bit annoying as there were one or two on there that I wouldn't mind having a crack at but would rather have them on a console over a handheld.

@Dcubed I'm quite shocked you never played Demon's Crest as a kid. Seemed like the kinda quirky, not well known type of game you would have played. Hopefully we will both get the chance soon.

I finished Gargoyles Quest earlier.

I made my impressions brief on Miiverse and won't bother saying the same thing on here. I will add that I loved the flying/hovering moves. You start off not being able to fly far but eventually upgrade so that you can fly constantly. Some of the jumps you need to make do well to use this mechanic, especially when you need to shoot the walls to creating jumping/hanging points.

Very pleased I picked it up and I look forward to starting the sequel on the Wii U VC.

Speaking off the VC catalogue, why in the hell are there certain NES games on 3DS but not on the Wii U? I find it a bit annoying as there were one or two on there that I wouldn't mind having a crack at but would rather have them on a console over a handheld.

Told ya you'd like it! :)

Yeah, Demon's Crest was simply too obscure for me to end up with as a kid (it's rare and expensive for a reason ;) ) and I've not bought it on cart because I've been waiting for a VC release ever since 2006!!

I always knew that it would hit the VC some day. I figured that if I was ever going to play it (alongside loads of other NES/SNES/N64 games I missed out on), I'd rather play it in the best possible way (since playing SNES games on a real SNES on modern day TVs isn't exactly the nicest way of playing - the picture quality improvement from a SNES to a Wii/Wii U is pretty massive - not to mention the ability to use high quality wireless controllers and the glory of Suspend Saves; and now Off TV/Miiverse on top of that! :D ).

So yeah, there's loads of games I've still yet to play from NES/SNES and I'm glad I held out for their eventual re-releases (as well as the rest to come... someday!). Castlevania Dracula X was another one of those holy grail games for me that I had been waiting a long time to play as well, until just last week that is! (Not as big a holy grail as Rondo of Blood mind you - which was even better than I was expecting it to be BTW!). Now the only 2D Castlevania I have yet to play is Castlevania Bloodlines, which sadly looks like it will be a long long way off getting a VC re-release since there's no sign of Megadrive support on Wii U :( (but I still hold out hope! One day... one day...)

Edited by Dcubed

Is Demon's Crest very long? I downloaded it when it first came out but haven' gotten around to playing it yet.

Is Demon's Crest very long? I downloaded it when it first came out but haven' gotten around to playing it yet.

Do you mean Gargoyles Quest?

*checks activity log*

2 hours 56 minutes.

That's not Demon's Crest you've downloaded, that's Gargoyle's Quest. DC is a SNES game, while GQ is a GB game.

Demon's Crest is basically Gargoyle's Quest 3 (Gargoyle's Quest 2 is a NES game incidentally and has only just recently been re-released for the first time a few months back). Demon's Crest has never been re-released, though the U.S. just got it on the Wii U VC a few weeks ago!

As for Gargoyle's Quest, it's fairly lengthy for the type of game it is. About 4-5 hours ish your first time through I think.

Yeah, I meant Gargoyle's Quest. I was running off 4 hours sleep so that's my excuse. :p

Finally got my homepass set up using a Raspberry Pi. Hardest thing was finding a compatible USB wifi adapter.

Is anyone else ordering a New3DS from Play Asia? Has your console shipped yet?

My face plates and charging cradle have shipped, but I'm getting really annoyed looking on Play Asia and seeing that my New3DS console is still awaiting shipping... :mad:

Is anyone else ordering a New3DS from Play Asia? Has your console shipped yet?

My face plates and charging cradle have shipped, but I'm getting really annoyed looking on Play Asia and seeing that my New3DS console is still awaiting shipping... :mad:

I thought they had shipped them already? I'm sure people on Gaf have had theirs shipped. Although that may have been orders from MightyApe.

I'm still not sure whether to nab it early or not. I've been very tempted to put an order in to 365games. One the one hand it would be nice to have it early but on the other hand I don't really need it and there's no real software to support such an upgrade yet. I suppose the Miiverse speed up would be handy though.

I thought they had shipped them already? I'm sure people on Gaf have had theirs shipped. Although that may have been orders from MightyApe.

I'm still not sure whether to nab it early or not. I've been very tempted to put an order in to 365games. One the one hand it would be nice to have it early but on the other hand I don't really need it and there's no real software to support such an upgrade yet. I suppose the Miiverse speed up would be handy though.

DAT Super Stable 3D! :D DAT C Stick for Smash Bros and Monster Hunter! (and the aforementioned speed up for everything OS related like downloads, the 3DS Menu, Miiverse etc on top of that).

Plenty of reasons to get it now, even before the actual New3DS exclusive software hits ;)

DAT Super Stable 3D! :D DAT C Stick for Smash Bros and Monster Hunter! (and the aforementioned speed up for everything OS related like downloads, the 3DS Menu, Miiverse etc on top of that).

Plenty of reasons to get it now, even before the actual New3DS exclusive software hits ;)

I don't use 3D due to it giving me headaches. Smash Bros. Hasn't been touched for ages and will remain that way once the Wii U version hits. Monster Hunter isn't out yet and I suspect it will launch alongside the new 3DS over here.

If I got one now there's only the OS and miiverse upgrades that would get any use.

I don't use 3D due to it giving me headaches.

that may be remedied by the super stable 3d... worth a try at least.

I get headaches with the 3d if I'm not holding the console at the correct angle, so only switch 3d on when I really want to experience it. Also some software is more effective than others.

But yeah, as default, due to poor software/having to hold the console super stable (which isn't always super comfortable), I also have 3D turned off

I don't use 3D due to it giving me headaches. Smash Bros. Hasn't been touched for ages and will remain that way once the Wii U version hits. Monster Hunter isn't out yet and I suspect it will launch alongside the new 3DS over here.

If I got one now there's only the OS and miiverse upgrades that would get any use.

The C stick does work with MH3U AFAIK...

Also the new 3D screen will be less likely to give you headaches because of the moving sweet spot...