NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Yep canand. From 31st Oct.

Cool I be geting a yellow one for my Pikachu 3DS XL

My 3DS arrived back today by DHL, love that the repair centre don't skimp out on the postage method for returning consoles. They dispatched it yesterday and it got here today.

Quick test on MK7 and all seems fine ..... for the next 6 months at least anyway :heh: *touch wood*

EDIT

It even had 2 Streetpasses on it when I turned it back on, both from the day repairs were being done...... but neither had any puzzle pieces :mad:

Found it slightly funny one of them was also from Ireland though and from a new county I hadn't yet passed someone from.... if only Ireland had a frakking Streetpass map for me to fill in :mad:

Edited by Mokong

Its been quite a good year of Luigi so far!

:)

:p

Probably none will recall my fury after the MH3 50% promo, which I finally followed up this weekend and got in touch with Nintendo;

Somewhat furious to realise now that because I didn't have space on my SD card at the time, it didn't actually fucking purchase the game for later download. Hence I totes missed out on the offer, because it's a fucking retarded setup.

Jarring. Absolutely jarring. I also now have £18 fucking quid on my 3DS account that I can't be sure I'll ever fucking spend. Wank setup.

Plus the fact I bought a fucking SD card I didn't need. FUCK. CUNTS.

Actually just tested it by packing out an SD card and trying to download something - whilst it mentions 'freeing up blocks' and that it can't download/purchase due to lack of them - it's major sucky that it happened. Given that I thought adding funds to meet the purchase meant, well, that I was meeting it, I am rather annoyed. WTF IS THIS SHIT NINTENDO WHO DESIGNS YOUR SYSTEMS.

You genuinely could not buy something unless you have space. This is fail in time-limited offers or if something, god forbid, exeeds the size of your SD card.

I've been waiting all week for this. I am somewhat crushed. I can't get over this and I don't know why.

They've got back to me, saying that if I purchase the item at full price from the store, they'll refund me the difference of the product after this. However this then means me putting about £17 to sit on my eShop account, which is basically what I don't want happening as it is. I had to add like £16 at the time of the promo too. Not sure what I should do now tbh...take them up on the offer or reject it. My original two solutions proposed to them were a refund of the £16 I topped up at the time, or the game rights being given with my credit of £17.99 being wiped.

Probably none will recall my fury after the MH3 50% promo, which I finally followed up this weekend and got in touch with Nintendo;

By Ace Attorney 5 for £19.99 (use add remaining funds function). Problem solved.

Listen to @Ike...

Soooo I've suddenly realised (prompted by the release of the new Pokemon) that there are a ton of games on 3DS worth getting now. So far I've come across a new Zelda title, at least 2 Mario titles (one 2D scrolling and one 3D Mario 64 esque, am I correct?), Mario&Luigi, (2?) Prof Layton games, and Paper Mario!

Is there any other essentials I've missed? And can someone explain what the different Mario games are? I still lurk occasionally but I'm pretty much out of the gaming loop these days, demonstrated by the fact that I only recently realised that X&Y were released, when in my head they were probably a year or two away...

Soooo I've suddenly realised (prompted by the release of the new Pokemon) that there are a ton of games on 3DS worth getting now. So far I've come across a new Zelda title, at least 2 Mario titles (one 2D scrolling and one 3D Mario 64 esque, am I correct?), Mario&Luigi, (2?) Prof Layton games, and Paper Mario!

Is there any other essentials I've missed? And can someone explain what the different Mario games are? I still lurk occasionally but I'm pretty much out of the gaming loop these days, demonstrated by the fact that I only recently realised that X&Y were released, when in my head they were probably a year or two away...

There are loads of 3ds games to be had! If you haven't bought one yet, now really is the perfect time.

Regarding the Mario titles, yes you're correct in that there's a 3d 'style' Mario out there - Super Mario 3d Land. Possibly my favorite 3ds title! If you have enjoyed any of the 3d Mario games then you will love this.

The 2d one is New Super Mario Bros 2. This is a good title but it isn't one I would recommend straight away unless you absolutely love the series.

The ones you mentioned are all definitely worthy of purchase but if I were you I would definitely look into Luigi's Mansion 2. It is easily the best of the best for the 3ds and show cases what the console can do fantastically well.

Pokemon X and Y are the best in the series yet, my opinion of course but I think others would agree.

I would personally recommend Resident Evil Revelations too. Brilliant game, and much better than the last couple of home console offerings!

If you didn't get chance to play Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii, then I would also have to recommend that. I loved that game, and really enjoyed it on the 3ds.

Other recommendations would be Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Pilot Wings Resort, and Mario Kart 7.

This is just retail games too - wait til you get your hands on the plethora of eShop titles that can be had! I haven't explored them anywhere near as much as I should / could have done, so I'll leave the recommendations of those to others more in the know! One game I can highly recommend though is Harmo Knight. It's a rhythm based game from the makers of Pokemon and it's amazing.

So yeah. Go for it! You will have a blast with all of the games available. I'm sure I've missed a load off that list, but they're just off the top of my head. :grin:

Ah one thing I totally got wrong; I thought the new "Super Mario 3D World" was on 3DS too, not WiiU (btw, totally misleading name!). Which is annoying, because now I want a WiiU as well.

Ah one thing I totally got wrong; I thought the new "Super Mario 3D World" was on 3DS too, not WiiU (btw, totally misleading name!). Which is annoying, because now I want a WiiU as well.

Get a Wii U too! Add to the sales figures! As a nintendo fan it is your duty!

Yeah I remember thinking that - the 3D thing made me think at first it was going to be 3DS.

Get a Wii U too! Add to the sales figures! As a nintendo fan it is your duty!

Yep, we really need to get ownership into double figures at least. :laughing:

Mario3D land is a brilliant game. Perfect for a portable too with so many great little levels.

I'm still on the third mansion on Luigi's Mansion 2. Just have no desire to go back to it. :hmm:

Posted this in the bargains thread but thought I'd post here too:

Don't know if this is an 'amazing' deal, but it seems pretty good to me.

Nintendo 3ds XL (in any colour) plus Professor Layton and The Arzan Legacy plus Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask for £159.99.

Offer ends Tuesday next week.

I'm pretty tempted tbh...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1438406.htm#pdpPromotions

null_zpsd53231a6.jpg

It happened. £159 for all. Still not decided if to keep - gonna mull it over!

What a nightmare trying to get it though. You had to have all three items to get the deal for £159 but nowhere near me had Arzan Legacy. Even home delivery was out of stock. Anyway it just so happened my sisters were going to Chester this morning which was the only place that had it so I asked them to pick it up.

Got a £10 Argos voucher too for spending over 100!

Posted this in the bargains thread but thought I'd post here too:

Don't know if this is an 'amazing' deal, but it seems pretty good to me.

Nintendo 3ds XL (in any colour) plus Professor Layton and The Arzan Legacy plus Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask for £159.99.

Offer ends Tuesday next week.

I'm pretty tempted tbh...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1438406.htm#pdpPromotions

null_zpsd53231a6.jpg

It happened. £159 for all. Still not decided if to keep - gonna mull it over!

What a nightmare trying to get it though. You had to have all three items to get the deal for £159 but nowhere near me had Arzan Legacy. Even home delivery was out of stock. Anyway it just so happened my sisters were going to Chester this morning which was the only place that had it so I asked them to pick it up.

Got a £10 Argos voucher too for spending over 100!

Just ordered it for myself (and good lady wife). It was a nightmare... took us two reservations to realise it didn't work with a delay in stock for one game! Plus the stock seemed to be in constant flux for the 30 mins we were checking it all out!

Yay, finally a 3DS...

But which (no-Layton) games to get!?

@Phube tell me about it!

The only store near me that had it was about 15 miles away and it was all because of Arzan Legacy being out of stock everywhere!

I am selling both the Layton games as it's a series that has never really clicked with me. I enjoyed the first game but quickly grew tired of the 2 after so never bothered with the others.

I may keep the newest one and try it out, but Layton games seem to go down in price quite quick so I could pick it up again at a later date should I really wanna play it!

Did you both order the black console or the pink? I've opened mine - decided to keep it. Really like the all black XL. Looks very sleek! I was gonna maybe hold off for the Zelda edition XL but the gold inside makes me wanna vom a bit :laughing: so this seems a little better suited!

Oh and as a nice bonus the screen on my XL is bright crisp and white! I worried it may have had the yellow tinge but thankfully not!

Nice. After reading through this thread, it seems you had a preference for the classic 3DS. I'd be interested to hear your impression on the new screen size and whether you find that the stretched resolution and low PPI bother you in comparison. I'm thinking of switching to the original from the XL for this very reason...

Hey. Yeah I have always preferred the original model really. In terms of materials used etc. the XL does feel like a block of plastic, but it's much better for those with slightly bigger hands or even normal sized hands as it's less cramped than the original.

It's all personal preference really. I opted for an XL as I do like that bigger screen - the larger pixels are definitely noticeable, or they are to me as I'm used to using my original model. But after a while you do start to get used to it, and the bigger screen does become a plus.

I think I just expected more from the XL than what it actually delivered. It could have been better than what it is IMO, but as it is it's still a very worthy alternative to the original. I hate the word 'upgrade' as it isn't necessarily an upgrade. The only upgrade is the battery.

I could have just bought another original model to replace my Peach 3ds but I thought I may as we'll go for an XL as the only colour I was interested in was the all black one and the Argos deal came along.

I think if you are interested in an XL then definitely go for it. Maybe get one, see what you think of it in hand, whack a game cart in and play it a while before deciding whether to do a system transfer etc. Probably the best way!

I'm really pleased with the XL. I actual really like the bigger screen I have to say. I still hate that damn click to get the screen into place, and I don't like row of start home and select buttons as they're not massively improved over the original, but both consoles had their good and bad points.

I'm already not missing the lines on the screen from the original models top screen resting on the bottom one! Damn that was annoying! And for all the gloss of the original that I loved, the fingerprints got damn annoying too.

Either way both consoles are great. It's personal preference. I'll always favour the originals appearance over the XL but I am very much enjoying that larger screen after using the smaller one for so long!

@Phube tell me about it!

The only store near me that had it was about 15 miles away and it was all because of Arzan Legacy being out of stock everywhere!

I am selling both the Layton games as it's a series that has never really clicked with me. I enjoyed the first game but quickly grew tired of the 2 after so never bothered with the others.

I may keep the newest one and try it out, but Layton games seem to go down in price quite quick so I could pick it up again at a later date should I really wanna play it!

Did you both order the black console or the pink? I've opened mine - decided to keep it. Really like the all black XL. Looks very sleek! I was gonna maybe hold off for the Zelda edition XL but the gold inside makes me wanna vom a bit :laughing: so this seems a little better suited!

Oh and as a nice bonus the screen on my XL is bright crisp and white! I worried it may have had the yellow tinge but thankfully not!

We went black! But strangely the Azlan Wardrobe was in everywhere... it was Majora's Mask that was the problen in my closest store?! Luckily it's only a 10 mile detour from work tomorrow to pick them up!

My wife LOVES Layton and this is seriously the only way I could convince her to part with the cash because the last two games are 3DS only! :)

We went black! But strangely the Azlan Wardrobe was in everywhere... it was Majora's Mask that was the problen in my closest store?! Luckily it's only a 10 mile detour from work tomorrow to pick them up!

My wife LOVES Layton and this is seriously the only way I could convince her to part with the cash because the last two games are 3DS only! :)

Azlan Wardrobe? Majora's Mask?! What games are these you speak of for the 3DS?! :laughing:

But cool you're both getting the bundle it's a great price!