NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

The browser version of Miiverse already works great on smart phones. What would a dedicated app do any different?

Be a little easier to access. I personally don't use my phone for web browsing. Web browsers on phones are there because they can be there nowadays but in my opinion there is no shittier experience than trying to navigate a website on a smart phone. Yuk.

So for me I think a dedicated app would work a hell of a lot better.

Be a little easier to access. I personally don't use my phone for web browsing. Web browsers on phones are there because they can be there nowadays but in my opinion there is no shittier experience than trying to navigate a website on a smart phone. Yuk.

So for me I think a dedicated app would work a hell of a lot better.

Web browsers are there on smartphones because they're hugely useful.

And anyway, the Miiverse website adapts to a smartphones' screen size, so it's easy to navigate. A dedicated app wouldn't look much different.

Now if you'd have said a dedicated app would be much cooler, then I'd agree :)

Web browsers on phones are there because they can be there nowadays but in my opinion there is no shittier experience than trying to navigate a website on a smart phone. Yuk.

You know what, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

You know what, that is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Know what - couldn't care less. But thanks all the same.

National StreetPass Day

intendo UK will reward and recognise Nintendo 3DS owners with a special event at Waterloo Station, London and Manchester Piccadilly Station on 28th September 2013

Nintendo fans will want to make sure their Nintendo 3DS consoles are fully charged on September 28th. To celebrate everything StreetPass, including the four additional StreetPass games from a recent update and StreetPass Relay functionality, Nintendo UK are holding the first ever National StreetPass Day.

As part of the celebration Nintendo will run special events at Waterloo Station, London and Manchester Piccadilly Station. Nintendo 3DS owners will have the perfect chance to meet and increase their StreetPass hits, win prizes in exclusive competitions, meet and take photos with Nintendo characters, take part in multiplayer challenges and even join in as Nintendo bring giant versions of StreetPass games to life.

From 9am on 28 September, Waterloo Station, London and Manchester Piccadilly Station will play host to a giant Nintendo 3DS and StreetPass celebration. There will be loads to do for all Nintendo fans at the event including:

Real life StreetPass games

If you love StreetPass games, you’ll be delighted when Nintendo bring StreetPass games to life with real Puzzle Swap panels. Using artwork from recent Nintendo games, fans will be able to add their own puzzle pieces to a series of large Puzzle Swap panels at each event, simply by playing Nintendo 3DS games.

Competitions

To win prizes such as exclusive StreetPass bags – you can take part in competitions in Mario Kart 7 and Luigis Mansion 2 or a challenge to find the person with the most Mii characters in their StreetPass Mii Plaza.

Luigi and Pokémon meet and greet

Love Luigi? A Luigi costume character will be available at the London Waterloo Station, location for meet and greet as well as photograph opportunities. Or maybe you are more of a Pokémon fan? Oshawott, Tepig & Snivy will be at the Manchester Piccadilly StreetPass event.

Across the country Nintendo 3DS owners will also be encouraged to take part in National StreetPass Day by throwing their own StreetPass events or heading to Nintendo Zone and The Cloud hotspots.

StreetPass Day stands will also be located at two other locations including Eurogamer Expo 2013, Earls Court, London where visitors can pick up a free Mario hat by showing their entry wristband or badge. The Cycle Show NEC Birmingham will also host Mario Kart 7 multiplayer races and Nintendo 3DS demos.

This year has seen new functionality and content on Nintendo 3DS, such as the Nintendo 3DS Image Share service which allows users to post images from games direct to their Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr accounts, and with a recent update, new content for StreetPass MiiPlaza, with additional StreetPass games including StreetPass Garden, StreetPass Squad, StreetPass Mansion and StreetPass Battle available to purchase as Add-On Content.

There has also been the addition of StreetPass Relay. When a Nintendo 3DS user gets near a StreetPass Relay Point and has the StreetPass feature enabled, it will automatically store their StreetPass data temporarily and then send it on to the next Nintendo 3DS user to visit that same location. This new service increases the chance to get special content for StreetPass-enabled games as well as up their StreetPass hits, collect Puzzle Pieces and progress through their favourite StreetPass games.

Nintendo’s StreetPass Day celebration will take place all day at Waterloo Station, London and at Manchester Piccadilly on 28th September 2013. Check Nintendo Facebook and Twitter channels for more details.

If you use twitter, why not share how you’re celebrating National StreetPass Day with the hashtag #StreetPassDay

Sounds interesting enough, might see if anyone I know fancies a trip up to london that day!

I'm considering buying a 3DS XL, what's the cheapest one available? I remember it used to be like £120 but I can't find it now

I'm considering buying a 3DS XL, what's the cheapest one available? I remember it used to be like £120 but I can't find it now

I have a silver one for sale, £125 including first class postage if you're interested, the VIP console code that comes with it has been used but the console itself is brand new, only turned it on a couple of times to update the firmware - I last switched it on months ago - and to download some free games while they were on offer. :)

Anyway, drop me a PM if you're interested and we'll talk more tomorrow/later. : peace:

Is SD card upgrade/migration as simple as just copying everything over then popping it into the 3DS?

Is SD card upgrade/migration as simple as just copying everything over then popping it into the 3DS?

Yes, I had no problems when I did this to mine a while back.

Can you buy SD cards fairly cheaply? I want to upgrade mine.

This 32GB SD card was recommended on here about a year ago. I got one and it has worked perfectly, seems very good value for money.

I have a silver one for sale, £125 including first class postage if you're interested, the VIP console code that comes with it has been used but the console itself is brand new, only turned it on a couple of times to update the firmware - I last switched it on months ago - and to download some free games while they were on offer. :)

Anyway, drop me a PM if you're interested and we'll talk more tomorrow/later. : peace:

That's a good deal but I really don't like the silver 3DS XL colour lol :( Well I'll think about it and if I change my mind I'll send you a PM

That's a good deal but I really don't like the silver 3DS XL colour lol :( Well I'll think about it and if I change my mind I'll send you a PM

No problem, just thought I'd ask, I was thinking of eBaying it but I just thought I'd offer it to you for a reasonable price... as on eBay it has to go up for around £20 or so more to cover the 10% that they take. :hmm:

Anyway, I'd be doing the same as you personally as the red and blue ones do look better, I love my red one even though its picked up a couple of marks here and there as I use it so much, really great console. : peace:

Am I the only one who thinks the 3D works far better on the original non-XL version?

Am I the only one who thinks the 3D works far better on the original non-XL version?

You're not the only one. I have an original and my co-worker has an XL, and both of us agree that due to the sharpness of the original and the pixelatedness of the XL, the 3D effect is better on the original version. After seeing his humongous...(wait for it).....XL I'll not be upgrading.

Shu Takumi “would love to see” Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick crossover

Shu Takumi is largely known for the Ace Attorney series. But Takumi also created Ghost Trick, an under-appreciated DS (and iOS) game that came out just a few years ago.

Capcom has already given Ace Attorney the crossover treatment in Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Could a mingling of the Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick IPs also happen one day? While nothing is confirmed, Takumi “would love to see” it happen.

Takumi talked about the possibility in this month’s issue of ONM. Here’s the full exchange between the two:

ONM: Could you imagine an Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick crossover? Any deaths that we couldn’t prevent by way of possession could then go to trial in a courtroom…

Takumi: …or Phoenix Wright could be killed and Sissel could prosecute his killer in court! Whatever form it might take, a crossover between these games is something I would love to see happen.

This man speaks my cross-over Language!

Hey guys. Been around N-Europe for ages but have just joined the forums and want to contribute some worthy news.

Ever Street Pass you now get 6 hits!!! not 1. This was announced in the NoA's Direct (but not NOE).

However I've just gone by a local hotspot 3DS glowing Green and i've received 6 hits. Woo Pink piece's here I come :)