NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Games due out in 2013:

BSxHfY3IUAArDIC.jpg:large

Nice to see Bravely Default is still there. Also, Mario Party has a new name.

Nice, I'll be getting all of those apart from LEGO, and maybe Harvest Moon.

What are the chances of a special Zelda 3DS when the new game comes out?

it will probably be a 2DS if anything gets anounced now

i'd really love to trade one of my 3ds in for a better zelda one (i have the first zelda one and the pikachu XL)

Hmmm, not too much for me I dont think. Maybe Harvest Moon and possibly one of the Pokemon if im bored the week it comes out. Batman I'll be getting on the Vita.

Etrian Odyssey IV, Zelda and Bravely Default for me (and, if it's out, Shantae 3).

What's Inazuma like? Love football and like RPG's. Hope they make a demo at least as it seems it could be a huge franchise that just doesn't seem to have clicked over here with footy mad kids/adults.

What's Inazuma like? Love football and like RPG's. Hope they make a demo at least as it seems it could be a huge franchise that just doesn't seem to have clicked over here with footy mad kids/adults.

i've constantly wondered about that myself, hope they do a demo

Bring on Bravely Default! Can't wait to play it through again, curse the ridiculous decision to only have one save slot.

Bring on Bravely Default! Can't wait to play it through again, curse the ridiculous decision to only have one save slot.

The DLC will increase the number of save slots to 3.

The DLC will increase the number of save slots to 3.

There's DLC? When the fuck..

OHHHH! Now I've found out about this! But nothing seems to be confirmed on what the DLC actually includes, any sources?

There's DLC? When the fuck..

OHHHH! Now I've found out about this! But nothing seems to be confirmed on what the DLC actually includes, any sources?

Original source was Jump. Don't think it went into much detail. You've probably seen what the update does but I'll post it here anyway:

• New story events
  • New controls for more comfortable play
  • Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
  • Difficulty options
  • Save slots increased to 3
  • Supports old save files

It's hilariously named "Bravely Default: For the Sequel". :laughing:

Will be available retail or DLC 5th December in Japan. Knowing our luck we'll be getting the vanilla version, though wouldn't mind buying the DLC later on.

Original source was Jump. Don't think it went into much detail. You've probably seen what the update does but I'll post it here anyway:

• New story events
  • New controls for more comfortable play
  • Auto-mode can make battles up to 4 times faster
  • Difficulty options
  • Save slots increased to 3
  • Supports old save files

It's hilariously named "Bravely Default: For the Sequel". :laughing:

Will be available retail or DLC 5th December in Japan. Knowing our luck we'll be getting the vanilla version, though wouldn't mind buying the DLC later on.

Hell. Fucking. Yes!

Also, we seem to have a confirmed English name for release here. Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies. I instantly have a problem with this due to something that's hinted in the original Japanese title.

Basically it's a Football/RPG hybrid that's split into two main parts.

1. (RPG part) You control Mark Evans, Goalkeeper & Captain of the Raimon Jr High football team. You visit locations, talk to people, and find items/equipment to improve your squad.

While you're traveling you partake in random matches. These are short, 3 vs 3 matches where you have to meet certain conditions. You control your players using the stylus, after you win your players gain experience points. I think there's around 1000 playable characters that you can recruit. These players have different affinities and special abilities, use them to customise your team to your liking.

2. The full-on 11 vs 11 match. Win these games to further progress the story and defeat opposing schools so that you make your way to the grand final for a chance to win the tournament.

This is the only english trailer I could find for the 1st game.

Inazuma Eleven is probably in my top 5 DS games of all-time. It's the most fun I've had with a video game in recent years too. Even if you're not a football fan you'll still enjoy this fresh take on the RPG genre. Besides, you can find it new for relatively cheap prices. Having said that I still haven't played Inazuma Eleven 2. I've got the Blizzard version but it's still in the shrink wrap :woops:

The series did really well in Japan. The main game series has had three sequels (each of them having multiple versions) and two Wii only spin-offs (Inazuma Eleven Strikers). There's also an anime and manga series too. The series has proved really popular in Japan, more so with the younger gamers. It looks as though Level-5 are trying to recreate that popularity with Youkai Watch.

Here we go again, rumours of the 3DS Miiverse update coming soon:

For the record, I've heard rumblings that 3DS Miiverse/NNID is indeed coming end of October AFTER Pokemon X & Y are released.— Emily Rogers (@Emi1yRogers) September 6, 2013

The update coming after Pokemon X/Y makes sense to me. I've always thought the Wii U Summer update and the 3DS Miiverse update will hit around the same time.

This seems to be backed up by Indie developers on Twitter from some sort of event going on today (The Indie Games Collective):

In the future there will be smartphone apps for Nintendo MiiVerse. Heard it at #IGCH2 first?

Devs can get 'verified' Miis to be able to interact with their game's community in Miiverse on WiiU and soon on DS. #IGCH2

Via Nintendolife

Would be great for this to happen. Miiverse would fit brilliantly on the 3ds.

I also really love the idea of having it on a smart phone too. Being able to browse what your friends are playing / posting whilst at work or on the go would be great!

Hopefully we see this sooner rather than later!

The browser version of Miiverse already works great on smart phones. What would a dedicated app do any different?