NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

A lot of this is due to playing Animal Crossing too much.

That actually happened to me. I didn't play it too much, but I played about 30 hours in a week and totally burnt myself out. for the next month or so after that my 3DS play time was pretty bad. I'm talking around 10 hours in the entire month.

Good news is that I'm back now and enjoying it again. I'm taking it easier now.

That actually happened to me. I didn't play it too much, but I played about 30 hours in a week and totally burnt myself out. for the next month or so after that my 3DS play time was pretty bad. I'm talking around 10 hours in the entire month.

Good news is that I'm back now and enjoying it again. I'm taking it easier now.

Same here. I literally just get the fossils and check the shops most days (and the island, and any special visitors, and... ;)) No, seriously, I've calmed right down with it and will probably be back to normal soon.

I will still buy Shantae 3, Zelda, Etrian Odyssey IV and Dragon Quest VII if they get them out over here, I'm just a bit tired I suppose.

You better rest up. Those games are going to need your energy!

I suppose you are all right :)

I dunno the reason why I dont play it. I reckon Flink is right though. I have been mainly been playing on the wii u and loving all the games on that especially Monster Hunter! Playing online most nights have been the highlight of the wii u for me so far.

Probably would be a very bad idea to sell it. I remember selling my DS during first year of uni as I was wanting a night out and were skint. Instant regret!!

I do feel a bit overwhelmed with the amount of games that ive got. Ive played and part way through them all. I dunno where to start. Yep ive got Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem. Im part way through them as well. Infact the only game ive completed is OoT 3D!!

I think it is just the matter of me really enjoying the Wii U at the minute.

Monster Hunter 4 will be coming here in the not so distant future, brah. That's when I plan on hiding all of Ine's 3DS Collection and stealing her hardware for myself.

There will come a moment where you'll get a craving to play something on it, so keep it for then. You might find yourself getting bored with the Wii U at one point and just wanting to do something a bit different. I'm not massive on handhelds, but the 3DS seems like it's come into its own now.

Hello does anyone know where I can get a pikachu 3ds Xl console in the uk ?

Thanks

Ask @canand as I'm pretty sure he bought the majority of stock in the UK. ;)

Some of you may have already seen these if you 'liked' the 3ds on Facebook, but thought I'd post for those who haven't.

Nintendo's 'Festival of Fun' that happened recently.

A few pics:

539568_666155706747576_1479778708_n.jpg

942477_666155983414215_1079758269_n.jpg

45593_666156073414206_1732587388_n.jpg

1016954_666155776747569_1624930023_n.jpg

1009811_666155856747561_1869139415_n.jpg

46408_666155643414249_1818830374_n.jpg

Thought I'd share as it made me smile. Plus, in light of the arguments still going on in the Nintendo threads, it's nice to remember that Nintendo continues to be about fun for a lot of people - as evidenced here. Now if only the grown ups could enjoy it like the kids in the pictures rather than bicker about indie games and prices and asda.

Hey ho.

Thanks for sharing. I don't use Facebook so it was nice to see these.

I think my 3DS is dying a slow death. It was on charge last night, put it in my bag and headed to work. By the time i reached my 2nd train, and i hadn't touched it, the console was off and it had no battery power. Managed to charge it up, played 20 minutes on Animal Crossing and the battery has once again drained 1/2 way.

I'll have to look into it properly, but is it easy to change the battery yourself or do i need to send it to Nintendo for them to change it?

I think my 3DS is dying a slow death. It was on charge last night, put it in my bag and headed to work. By the time i reached my 2nd train, and i hadn't touched it, the console was off and it had no battery power. Managed to charge it up, played 20 minutes on Animal Crossing and the battery has once again drained 1/2 way.

I'll have to look into it properly, but is it easy to change the battery yourself or do i need to send it to Nintendo for them to change it?

I imagine you could change it yourself, but for something like that I'd definitely send it to Nintendo for them to have a little look at.

It does not sound healthy to be honest. Those numbers you posted are not great for a console that has had a full charge. ::shrug:

But yeah, I'd go with the Nintendo route first and foremost as they'll be able to sort it for you I'm sure.

Post back with an update though! Hope you can sort it! :smile:

I imagine you could change it yourself, but for something like that I'd definitely send it to Nintendo for them to have a little look at.

It does not sound healthy to be honest. Those numbers you posted are not great for a console that has had a full charge. ::shrug:

But yeah, I'd go with the Nintendo route first and foremost as they'll be able to sort it for you I'm sure.

Post back with an update though! Hope you can sort it! :smile:

Was looking online at some videos, seems easy enough to change. And you can pick a battery up for a fiver with the screwdriver needed to open it up. May give it a shot myself, may be quicker.

Suppose the big test will be the streetpass events i have lined up end of August, need it working by then.

Was looking online at some videos, seems easy enough to change. And you can pick a battery up for a fiver with the screwdriver needed to open it up. May give it a shot myself, may be quicker.

Suppose the big test will be the streetpass events i have lined up end of August, need it working by then.

You still got warranty on your 3DS? Looking at the back of my regular(dunno if yours is XL) it looks like it's intended to be 'sealed' in. I imagine you can easily do it yourself, but I'm also reckoning there's two screws underneath this serial number sticker which is probably there for warranty purposes. It's a bit silly really, given they left it accessible on the old DSes(or the phat at least).

So yeah, if you've got warranty just get them to do it. Even so possibly make an enquiry and see what they'll charge, if anything...might do it for free. How long you had your 3DS, how often/for how long do you charge it? Do you play it while charging too?

You still got warranty on your 3DS? Looking at the back of my regular(dunno if yours is XL) it looks like it's intended to be 'sealed' in. I imagine you can easily do it yourself, but I'm also reckoning there's two screws underneath this serial number sticker which is probably there for warranty purposes. It's a bit silly really, given they left it accessible on the old DSes(or the phat at least).

So yeah, if you've got warranty just get them to do it. Even so possibly make an enquiry and see what they'll charge, if anything...might do it for free. How long you had your 3DS, how often/for how long do you charge it? Do you play it while charging too?

Good point, have to check when i purchased it. I think i've had it over a year, maybe even 2. I'll raise a message with them, see if they charge anything to replace it. I believe i got it after the price drop, so around 2010/2011. How long are warrenties on these things anyway?.

It's put on charge most/all nights after play. I don't play if it's charging.

Year's warranty, but they seem to offer another year's warranty after every warranty repair. Note your serial number down somewhere safe if there ARE screws under the sticker, Nintendo always ask for it on any future work I think. Also good for insurance etc.

Some of you may have already seen these if you 'liked' the 3ds on Facebook, but thought I'd post for those who haven't.

Nintendo's 'Festival of Fun' that happened recently.

A few pics:

That was on my doorstep and I didn't go! :weep:

Unsee...unsee...unsee...

Something upsetting is happening to my launch(ish) 3DS model.

The light plastic coating of the Circle Pad is deteriorating rapidly. It's just disintegrating and coming off. Obviously the black core of the pad is underneath, but it's concerning nonetheless. Has the outer plastic come off for anyone else, and if so, does it still feel serviceable?

Something upsetting is happening to my launch(ish) 3DS model.

The light plastic coating of the Circle Pad is deteriorating rapidly. It's just disintegrating and coming off. Obviously the black core of the pad is underneath, but it's concerning nonetheless. Has the outer plastic come off for anyone else, and if so, does it still feel serviceable?

Didn't happen to my orginal 3DS (launch model and sister has it now), and my current XL is fine.

This is all I could find on your query.

http://3dsforums.com/questions-answers-40/circle-pad-cover-not-circle-pad-pro-47125/

Not many options by the sounds of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure Time collectors edition.

816pHueYsGL__SL1500_.jpg

Who wants to play video games?! D3Publisher (D3P) and Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) today announced that a Collector’s Edition for the highly-anticipated video game, Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!, will be released this fall alongside the standard edition. The Collector’s Edition of the video game based on the popular Cartoon Network series, Adventure Time, will be available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system for $39.95.

The Adventure Time™: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! Collector’s Edition will include the following items:

Limited-edition Beemo package design in a glossy, premium SteelBook™ case

Bonus DVD with actor interviews, storyboard art from series creator Pendleton Ward, and more

Exclusive ‘Finn and Jake’s Dungeon Guide’, a full color, enhanced manual filled with fun art and game tips

The full Nintendo 3DS version of Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! video game

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. For more information on the video game, please visit http://www.d3publisher.us.

Looks like the first, fully functioning 3DS flash cart is now loose. If only those people who had found the way to undo the region lock via firmware had just released the method sooner, those who are keen to play other region games wouldn't be pulled into pirating them.

See Nintendo? This is what happens when you region lock shit. You increase the number of people who will end up pirating games.

Looks like the first, fully functioning 3DS flash cart is now loose. If only those people who had found the way to undo the region lock via firmware had just released the method sooner, those who are keen to play other region games wouldn't be pulled into pirating them.

See Nintendo? This is what happens when you region lock shit. You increase the number of people who will end up pirating games.

A number of devs agree.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/23/thirteen-wii-u-and-3ds-developers-discuss-nintendos-region-locking-policies/

So Nintendo not only don't listen to the consumer, but apparently don't care much for the devs' opinions either.

So how long before hackers infest online games like Mario Kart 7? And will Nintendo do anything about it, or just let it turn into a hack fest like Mario Kart Wii? :/

So how long before hackers infest online games like Mario Kart 7? And will Nintendo do anything about it, or just let it turn into a hack fest like Mario Kart Wii? :/

Well at least Mario Kart 7 can be patched, unlike Wii.

The flashcart only works on a lower firmware right?

Nintendo went after a hacker site and had them shut down but no sure if it was the same people.

The flashcard only allows pirated games to work (one at a time) and does not allow any hacks or homebrew code. It also only works on a very old firmware version (4.5), with no known viable outlet for working on later firmware since that exploit was patched.

So online games and most 3DS consoles are safe for now...

Relieved to hear that online games wont be affected by the cartridge. I'd ideally like these cartridges to be used purely for circumventing the region lock and homebrew, but pirates are going to pirate whenever they can.

I've been trying to rub the vertical lines away from my top screen this morning but they won't disappear :hmm: It's a bit annoying that the bottom screen, and slide pad, leaves these marks behind on the original 3DS models..

Time to show me a 3DS Lite, Nintendo.. I don't want your XL!