NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

£22.66 so certainly not cheap. Decent chunk of that was shipping costs. Price I pay to get it early I guess. ::shrug:

Where did you get that from? They selling them i the UK?! I haven't touched raid mode wanting to play with that.

Also, the Pikachu 3DS is incredibly disappointing, hate the white inside, should be yellow all in! Also shame it has pikachu on it - is it too much to ask to have a yellow 3DS XL?!?!?!?

I was surprised to see the white hinge strip on the Pikachu 3DS and even more so the white inside, I thought it was a Yellow console! Don't know where I got that from, I guess I'd only seen exterior pictures of it.

I would love to see a Yellow 3DS!!

Thanks for the unboxing video @canand! Enjoy the console! :D

lol! that is a good excuse! I replayed Revelations a month or two ago, had to learn the non-cpp controls again, still had fun though.

This would definitely make me play MGS again!

How was the price?

Yeah I want to play MGS again but I need the CPP for the 3DS XL

I'm looking to get a new SD card for my 3DS, but I'm a little unsure about compatibility and max storage. is their a preferred card any of you use? I think a 32 gig card is more then enough for me.

I'm looking to get a new SD card for my 3DS, but I'm a little unsure about compatibility and max storage. is their a preferred card any of you use? I think a 32 gig card is more then enough for me.

I don't know how various perform with the system, but I think the limit will be at 32GB as it's SDHC? Anything should theoretically work though, 3DS doesn't seem too intensive to the card. Don't hold me to any of this, I've got nothing to back it up.

Everyone should check out the trailer for The Life of Pi and the animated short Luigi's Pizza Ride on Nintendo Video (if you still have it). Some brilliant use of 3D! The 3DS conveys it surprisingly well :)

Everyone should check out the trailer for The Life of Pi and the animated short Luigi's Pizza Ride on Nintendo Video (if you still have it). Some brilliant use of 3D! The 3DS conveys it surprisingly well :)

I seen both videos there both good

Has anyone else been spoiled by using the GamePad? I like using the off TV feature when I can and after using it for so long i'm finding it hard to go back to the 3DS. I've tried starting Paper Mario 3 times now and I just can't adjust to how small the screen is. :D

Has anyone else been spoiled by using the GamePad? I like using the off TV feature when I can and after using it for so long i'm finding it hard to go back to the 3DS. I've tried starting Paper Mario 3 times now and I just can't adjust to how small the screen is. :D

Haha i feel the same way.

I've been tempted to get a 3DS XL lately, maybe trade in my 3DS and pay some money. I think i still got quite abit of money on my game loyalty card.

You think i'll be able to system transfer while at Game ?

Funnily enough, not really. I kind of expected that I might do, but no. I think the 3D might be part of the reason for that though (gives you a wider field of view and a true 16 x 9 aspect ratio, but only when it is turned on)

Plus I was always a big fan of the GB Micro anyway :p

Yes, I'm actually finding the opposite! Going back to the XL's screens makes me appreciate anew the 3D and how crisp and vivid they are. Even the menu on the bottom screen looks 'tighter' to me. On the Upad the appearance varies from game to game, with the likes of Batman and Nintendo Land looking good, but I think Mario looks pretty rough and faded. The compression can't really cope well with likes Sonic Racing.

Although the 3DS has visible pixels, they're the actual pixels, rather than blurry compression artifacts. I think that's the difference for me.

Haha i feel the same way.

I've been tempted to get a 3DS XL lately, maybe trade in my 3DS and pay some money. I think i still got quite abit of money on my game loyalty card.

You think i'll be able to system transfer while at Game ?

I've just been into Game this morning.

I got the following deal

Bought the 3DS XL Mario 3D Land pack for £169.99 & adaptor for £7.99

Trade in value on my old 3DS £90 plus £15 for Mario 3D Land

Said I have 10 days to bring 3DS and game in. They originally said I could only have store credit when bringing it in but spoke to manager who said they would make an exception and give me cash back.

I still wouldn't mind picking a XL model up but I hate the warm/yellow screens that are used on them. :(

My gamepad screen has a yellow bias as well. On my XL it's just the top screen and weirdly it seems to go with 3D on. It's most noticeable with white transition/start screens on DS games.

What I said above sounds like I'm down on the pad screen, but I love it really ;) I think I prefer it when games use it for a secondaty view or a nice interactive map/inventory - although I was shocked at how good it was to play Batman on in bed! Browsing the internet now and it looks crisp.

Yes, I'm actually finding the opposite! Going back to the XL's screens makes me appreciate anew the 3D and how crisp and vivid they are. Even the menu on the bottom screen looks 'tighter' to me. On the Upad the appearance varies from game to game, with the likes of Batman and Nintendo Land looking good, but I think Mario looks pretty rough and faded. The compression can't really cope well with likes Sonic Racing.

Although the 3DS has visible pixels, they're the actual pixels, rather than blurry compression artifacts. I think that's the difference for me.

To be fair, those two games kind of represent the worst case scenarios (The colour red compresses really poorly in general and S&ASRT uses some really aggressive form of anti aliasing that makes the game look very soft anyway - something that ends up looking blurry when compressed for the Gamepad)

In general, I'm really impressed with the Gamepad's image quality (colour saturation aside). I'd say it's very comparable with the 3DS display (and much clearer than the 3DSXL!) in terms of picture clarity.

But in regards to the physical image size, I'm still fine with the OG 3DS size really. Always thought it was a nice size in general (being the largest non DSiXL Nintendo handheld screen at the time of its release).

Edited by Dcubed

To be fair, those two games kind of represent the worst case scenarios (The colour red compresses really poorly in general and S&ASRT uses some really aggressive form of anti aliasing that makes the game look very soft anyway - something that ends up looking blurry when compressed for the Gamepad)

In general, I'm really impressed with the Gamepad's image quality (colour saturation aside). I'd say it's very comparable with the 3DS display (and much clearer than the 3DSXL!) in terms of picture clarity.

But in regards to the physical image size, I'm still fine with the OG 3DS size really. Always thought it was a nice size in general (being the largest non DSiXL Nintendo handheld screen at the time of its release).

Yeah, that's just me letting my super fussy side out ;) I really like it most of the time and it's very convenient for off-tv.

When I saw a demo station in hmv recently with both 3DS varieties I thought the graphics on Mario Kart had a cuter look to them at the smaller size (I traded my original for the XL at purchase so it was the first time I've seen them running side by side). I was happy enough with the size of the old one, but the reflectivity of the screen and surround really ticked me off. My *ideal* 3DS would probably in between the two, with the anti-glare and matte finish - so an XL Mini :p

Santa Claus came!!

IMG_4382_zps95cd963d.jpg

IMG_4383_zpsd28b99ad.jpg

Looks like me and @canand are Pika 3DS twins!! :heh:

It's beautiful! :yay:

Also - noticed that there is no 'yellow' tinge to the screen on this one. Which is a huge bonus!

Unsure...

All the 3ds models I've seen have a warmer screen compared to my original one (which I sold aaages ago). That was the best.

I don't think this Pika one is still as crisp as that (but it may be because it's bigger also) but it's definitely not a yellow screen.

May be luck of the draw?!::shrug:

This console is so lacking in RPGs it's not funny.

Bravely Default will make everything okay :)

This console is so lacking in RPGs it's not funny.

Part of the problem is that the ones that have bee released in Japan are taking ages to arrive to the West, if at all.

I've seriously been considering getting myself a Vita due to the amount of RPGs on that system. Sure there are no new ones that spring to mind, but the back catalogue of PSOne and PSP RPGs is immense! Some guy on Neogaf posted a picture of his Vita and had Final Fantasy I-XI on it, all available on the PSN store. :grin: