NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

A taste of things to come.

Cool vid, but I wonder just how many of those will make it over here to europe. :(

Surprised we didn't see King of Pirates or Fantasy Life at E3!

Also, how has it taken this long for Brain Training on the 3DS?

And where's Nano Assault?

Surprised we didn't see King of Pirates or Fantasy Life at E3!

Also, how has it taken this long for Brain Training on the 3DS?

And where's Nano Assault?

Yeah, those are 2 interesting looking projects.

Especially Fantasy Life, which could perhaps replace Animal Crossing 3DS for me.

That clip is insanity!

SO MANY TOP-NOTCH GAMES!

It's like the DS all over again :o

and we haven't even seen Advance Wars or Zelda :o :o :o

Edited by Fused King

There's a new Senran Kagura?! That does it. Now I NEED a jap-3DS :P.

A lot of good games there, and luckily most of the ones I'm interested is confirmed for EU. Now, all we need is for Nintendo to give us a region-free update, and I'd be all set.

....and that's going to happen, when? :P

There's actually quite a few of those titles that I want to see come here for sure! Time Travellers, Zero Escape, Project X Zone, Bravely Default, EX Troopers, Layton vs Wright, MH4. I think we'll see some of those but *sigh*...

When you think about it, Japan's getting ALL of those games.

That is a brilliant showreel - not just "OK", but genuinely brilliant - and yet, like others, I am only confident of the Nintendo 1st-party games being released over here. The games I want most are Etrian Odyssey IV, Unchained Blades and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, but there are too many to list. There are at least 10 I'm interested in.

You'd think these days they'd be able to offer download-only versions for the West (if publishing and retail costs are the problem). Region-locking is mean and pointless. I just don't see how anyone benefits from me not being able to play Etrian Odyssey!

PS - The first tune sounded familiar. Is it from F-Zero?

PS - The first tune sounded familiar. Is it from F-Zero?

The first tune is from Lufia and the other from Etrian Odyssey II.

Not interested in buying it but I like the amount of charm Calciobit has.

Time Travelers, Rune Factory 4, Animal Crossing and Demon Brain Training for me. Doubt we'll see Time Travellers outside of Japan though... can't wait for the day the 3DS gets hacked and they bypass this stupid region locking.

I'm probably as frustrated as @Alak, @Grazza and @f00had regarding the region lock. It just kills me there are games out there that I may never get the chance to play simply because I live in another region. I wonder if CalcioBit will be yet another one of those games I can only dream about.

I'm probably as frustrated as @Alak, @Grazza and @f00had regarding the region lock. It just kills me there are games out there that I may never get the chance to play simply because I live in another region. I wonder if CalcioBit will be yet another one of those games I can only dream about.

Considering that the original GBA game never got a release outside Japan either...

outlook.jpg

There's currently a glitch at TheHut, where you can save £5.00 instead of £2.50 when you order any of the games at the following link

Pre-order Kingdom Hearts, New Super Mario Bros 2, Paper Mario, Epic Mickey, Castlevania, Sonic Racing Transformed, Professor Layon and future Pokemon titles for approx £25, instead of £30. :)

You'll have to process each game separately.

Edited by welsh_gamer

I'm only getting the regular £2.50 off when I add a game to the basket... Have they fixed the glitch already?

I'm only getting the regular £2.50 off when I add a game to the basket... Have they fixed the glitch already?

Yep :( Managed to get Layton and Paper Mario ordered at £24.95 each, so happy with that. Probably keep them for Christmas holidays, so no rush to recieve them.

£2.50 is still better than nothing, combined it with Quidco too for an extra 80p off :D

It's actually my first time ordering through The Hut but they're the same company as Zavvi and from my experiences with them they almost always deliver games by Thursday. Only twice have they been late which was most likely due to the game publisher's fault.

3DS Firmware update:

Version 4.3.0-10U available via wireless internet connection includes the following improvements: Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

I snapped up a couple of older games the other day. Both Super Monkey Ball and Dead or Alive were £10 each brand new and sealed, so I figured I would give them a go at that price.

I played Dead or Alive the best part of this morning. The Chronicle mode was pretty shoddy if i'm honest. The cutscenes were for the most part just stills and I didn't care for how it kept throwing tutorials at you mid game. That's what a training mode is for.

After I had completed that I went through arcade mode to get the Metroid level and then set about unlocking everyones costumes. I did this by playing arcade mode over and over again.

I then tried doing the missions and was doing great until I came across the last 3. Man the bosses are just cheap as hell. They kept tagging in and one shotting my characters. It didn't help that my AI partner just stands there most of the time. I decided to just leave them as you get nothing from beating it.

After unlocking all the characters and costumes I shelved the game. I wont bother with the character statues as I can't fill them all due to some of them being part of the DLC which is no longer available. :( I've had a look at my activity log and I played it for 6 hours. Not bad for a tenner I suppose.

After lunch I decided to tackle Monkey Ball and i'm quite surprised by how much fun it is. It's very short but it has a lot of replay value if you like unlockables.

At the moment i'm on trying to get all of the bananas on each level and then do all of the levels using the motion controls, which work quite well.

I have also been jumping in and out of the mini games. I don't really care for the change in Monkey Fight but it's still a nice distraction from the main game.

I think I will be putting a fair few hours in to this. :)