NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

A minor firmware update for the 3DS is available. According to gonintendo.com, only a few changes:

- more character options for your password when storing credit card data on eShop

- improved system stability and convenience

A minor firmware update for the 3DS is available. According to gonintendo.com, only a few changes:

- more character options for your password when storing credit card data on eShop

- improved system stability and convenience

Wahay! At least the eShop maintenance wasn't for nothing :p

Edit: Oh snap! Pokemon Conquest IS getting an EU release after all!

Comes out July 27th (exactly one month from now, way to build up hype NOE! :nono: )

Edited by Dcubed

Wahay! At least the eShop maintenance wasn't for nothing :p

Edit: Oh snap! Pokemon Conquest IS getting an EU release after all!

Comes out June 27th (exactly one month from now, way to build up hype NOE! :nono: )

Eh... today is June 27th... you mean July I assume :wink:

Eh... today is June 27th... you mean July I assume :wink:

Cough, Ahuhm, June? I never said June ;)

Does anybody ever have problems connecting to other people via StreetPass? I got a hit the other day, so I know mine works, and my nephew can connect to his mate, but for some reason, we can't connect to each other.

Tried switching StreetPass on and off, but no luck :(

Does anybody ever have problems connecting to other people via StreetPass? I got a hit the other day, so I know mine works, and my nephew can connect to his mate, but for some reason, we can't connect to each other.

Tried switching StreetPass on and off, but no luck :(

I had problems a few months ago when @Gentleben was in Northern Ireland. My StreetPass didn't want to work that day with him or anyone else we were within touching distance of that afternoon but it sorted itself out in the days ahead.

I never did figure out what the problem was, though..

Have you been changing the time & date at all? That can mess up StreetPass apparently.

- AlphaDream employees filed a patent application for 3DS platformer game mechanics

- bottom screen shows character

- top screen shows platforming level

- aspects of the character on the lower screen are related to features of the level on the top screen

- for example, a tree with arm-like branches could have those branches moved by using the touch screen on the character's arms

- another example involves a cloud that has a face just like your character. You can change your character's face to impact the way the cloud looks/moves

- application was filed on Dec. 21, 2010 in Japan and Oct. 27, 2011 in the US

- It was published on Jun. 21, 2012

As soon as I saw AlphaDream I instantly thought of Mario & Luigi. This does sound interesting though.

1.png

6.png

Yeah, saw that a while ago.

Honestly, that just screams Mario&Luigi to me.

Ah man! Can't wait for that stuff, for it's definitely one of my BIG favourite franchises.

Still, would've loved for them to come to WiiU seeing as Paper Mario gets the 3DS treatment.

it's definitely one of my BIG favourite franchises.
you and me alike my friend, infact I think I might replay the series again for nth time.

Have you been changing the time & date at all? That can mess up StreetPass apparently.

No I don't think so. I also can't link to my nephew's friend's 3DS either :(

Quick question guys:

For the 3ds (and the soon to be released XL) - If I had a japanese console can I play PAL UK games on it?

I think the answer is no as I am sure Nintendo region locked the thing (:shakehead) but just wanted 100% confirmation if anyone knows?

Cheers!

No you can't. The 3DS is region locked as you thought.

That is HORSE shit.

But thanks Dem0 :)

A unified account system will be implemented later this year with the launch of the Wii U. Eventually this same account system will be made compatible with Nintendo 3DS systems. At this time we have no additional details to offer and nothing to indicate how or if this will work outside the United States and Canada. In the meantime, if the system has a problem, taking it to an Authorized Service Center will maintain the Nintendo eShop account. If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report.

Of course, you asked this question because of the upcoming launch of New Super Mario Bros. 2 in retail and digital formats. What you need to know is that the digital format will only be available in the United States and Canada. We have nothing to announce regarding Latin American availability. NoC customer service member, David Marshall

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=180736

Sucks it's gonna take so long, hopefully not too long after the Wii U. Ideally it should be the same day, but Nintendo.

A unified account system will be implemented later this year

Yep, I read that too. What puzzles me is this part

If the system is stolen, we can transfer the account to a new system once we are provided with a valid police report.

This still seems cumbersome to me. With my PSN account I can go out and purchase another PSP should my old one get lost, break, or get stolen - go to settings - add my existing account details - and voilá - everything I ever purchased with that account will be available to me instantly, no need to send a police report to Sony tsk tsk. I also like that I can use my purchased DLC from PSN on five different devices. Nintendo is way too greedy.

Edited by cvl

I got a good haul yesterday!

1-1.jpg

I see the deals of Hotukdeals yesterday and bombed down to Team Valley at Gateshead after work to snap them up. Layton and Dragon Quest are mine but the others are a present for my nephew. Its a nationwide thing so if there is a PC World or Currys nearby then go have a look.

I got a good haul yesterday!

1-1.jpg

I see the deals of Hotukdeals yesterday and bombed down to Team Valley at Gateshead after work to snap them up. Layton and Dragon Quest are mine but the others are a present for my nephew. Its a nationwide thing so if there is a PC World or Currys nearby then go have a look.

GODDAMN! :o Amazing!

Shame I already own all of these :( (anything else catch your eye?)

Edited by Dcubed

They have Mario Sports Mix on the Wii too. I bought it and they would only give me the disc and case saying that the reduced price was 'due to the lack of manual'.

I know most of us don't even look at the manual but it annoys me knowing that there's a game sitting in my collection which isn't complete.

Yep, I read that too. What puzzles me is this part

This still seems cumbersome to me. With my PSN account I can go out and purchase another PSP should my old one get lost, break, or get stolen - go to settings - add my existing account details - and voilá - everything I ever purchased with that account will be available to me instantly, no need to send a police report to Sony tsk tsk. I also like that I can use my purchased DLC from PSN on five different devices. Nintendo is way too greedy.

You'd think, with them expecting people with a 3DS (or DSi) to upgrade to a 3DS XL that they'd actually allow your account to be used on multiple devices. For every good thing I hear about Nintendo's online strategy there's always some stupid decision to balance it out.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Well that should be sorted once they implement the account system.

It looks like I'm popping down to Curry's after work.. :heh:

Go to their website and put the stuff in your basket. It then will ask you for your postcode and you can see if they have them in stock. If so then just reserve and collect. Sorted.

Wow, nice work H-o-T, that's a great haul. I've got a curry's just next door to my work, so may take a look instore, can't hurt.

Went down and ... yeah ... they had it but there was no case... yeah... no... They had loads-a Zelda 3DS' in under the counter, none on display, did a price check and it was £10... yeah.... ummm... no.. Knob'eds :nono: