NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

The portable Call Of Duty game on Vita wasn't announced as an exclusive was it? Be nice to see that, or any FPS infact. Can't belive we've yet to see a FPS on 3DS - not counting the optional FPS mode in the Resident Evil games of course - especially as the DS had several COD and 007 titles, Metroid, Moon, Dementium, Brothers of Arms etc

Well... Kid Icarus Uprising also has an FPS mode! :D

When or where is the 3DS conference? I assume it hasn't been yet, as I see no threads for new games.

what I am pissed about is still no mention of professor Layton in the west.

When or where is the 3DS conference? I assume it hasn't been yet, as I see no threads for new games.

Good one, ReZ. Good one.

(I thought I'd come online to a slew of 3DS news too...)

I'm not too bothered about the 3DS as I think they set it up really well in the first place and it has had/will have loads of fantastic games over the first two years (March 2011-March 2013). If nothing else, there's quite a few Japanese games that we need to get localised for Europe! Dragon Quest Monsters, Code of Princess, Rocket Slime 3, Etrian Odyssey IV and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Then of course there are the Nintendo games: Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros 2. I can understand it's a little bit of a shame not seeing even one new game, but this E3 was always going to be about the Wii U. :blank:

The 2nd "two year" stretch (ie. March 2013-March 2014) will be crucial though and I hope they get things going at next year's GDC. A revamped 3DS wouldn't be at all insulting at that point, and of course we're all hoping for Zelda. It'll be like how Phantom Hourglass was released not too long after the DS Lite.

I also think they should do a 2D Metroid, but it's by no means certain they will.

Do we have a recent European release list anywhere? I can't really think of what 3DS games are out over the next few months.

Do we have a recent European release list anywhere? I can't really think of what 3DS games are out over the next few months.

We have the one from the investor briefing a couple of months ago

I'm not too bothered about the 3DS as I think they set it up really well in the first place and it has had/will have loads of fantastic games over the first two years (March 2011-March 2013). If nothing else, there's quite a few Japanese games that we need to get localised for Europe! Dragon Quest Monsters, Code of Princess, Rocket Slime 3, Etrian Odyssey IV and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. Then of course there are the Nintendo games: Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros 2. I can understand it's a little bit of a shame not seeing even one new game, but this E3 was always going to be about the Wii U. :blank:

The 2nd "two year" stretch (ie. March 2013-March 2014) will be crucial though and I hope they get things going at next year's GDC. A revamped 3DS wouldn't be at all insulting at that point, and of course we're all hoping for Zelda. It'll be like how Phantom Hourglass was released not too long after the DS Lite.

I also think they should do a 2D Metroid, but it's by no means certain they will.

Yeah that's quite true... in Japan that is!

In the rest of the world, I'd say that the 3DS' lineup is far from perfect and it's future is definitely not set in stone like it is in the east. For starters, it's waaaaayyyyy too reliant on Mario. Look at Nintendo's upcoming release list; the only games scheduled for this year from them are all based on the Mario series (Paper Mario SS, Luigi's Mansion DM and NSMB2 - unless you count Pokemon Black & White 2, which is actually a DS game...) I suppose there's also Fire Emblem Awakening, but there's a good chance that this has been moved to 2013 - at least in the US.

Right now, Nintendo is running the risk of both pidgeonholing the 3DS as "The Mario Machine" and instigating franchise fatigue. A two way death punch.

3rd party support for the 3DS is also pretty limp, especially in comparison to Japan. We've got Heroes of Ruin next week then TheatRhythm, KHDDD, Castlevania MoF, Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and Scribblenauts Unlimited (the latter of which is also coming to Wii U, which is no doubt the lead version and will get the majority of the marketing focus) The rest of the lineup is either worthless shovelware, or niche stuff (like Code of Princess) that wont really matter to the console's overall success.

I wouldn't call that a healthy lineup at all!

Edited by Dcubed

Oh, don't get me wrong, it was not a good E3 at all! I just think there is enough until next year, that's all, assuming we get those four big Nintendo games and localisations of those Japanese games by then.

We have the one from the investor briefing a couple of months ago
Where's that at?

Didn't we have a release list thread at one time?

Where's that at?

Didn't we have a release list thread at one time?

The main games of the next 2 - 3 months :-

June 8th - Rayman Origins

June 15th - Heroes of Ruin

June 22nd - LEGO Batman 2

June 29th - Spirit Camera

June 29th - Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns

July 6th - Theatrhythm : Final Fantasy

July 20th - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

August - New Super Mario Bros 2

Cheers!

Guess there's gonna be a 3DS drought for me for a long while then!

Dammit the 3DS was going really strongly for me for a while there, but there's nothing on the horizon that interests me other than Paper Mario, and then maybe Luigi's Mansion.

I've still got Revelations to play, but damn!

Why couldn't they have shown some more games for it, specifically a Zelda and what direction that's heading in.

Right now they've got me questioning whether to keep the console gathering dust for that long!

Edited by Retro_Link

You said yourself you still have resident evil to play through. That's pretty big plus and decent online mode. Do kingdoms hearts and mario 2 not interest you then?

I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts before, and I don't feel I can jump into the series with this one; plus I'm not really a fan of RPG's anyway.

Mario no, that doesn't interest me at all. Not really a fan of 2D Mario, even less so the New Super Mario Bros style, and even less so one based around gold coins everywhere.

Yeah I've got Resident Evil really looking forward to giving that a go.

There are a few games already out I could look into, namely MGS3D, Rhythm Theif and Kid Icarus, though I'm not sure I'm 100% convinced by any of those enough to by them.

Does Paper Mario have a launch date?

There's quite a few there i want actually, maybe e3 wasn't so bad for 3ds

still role on zeld announcement

June 8th - Rayman Origins - Available on other formats, 3D might sell it?

June 15th - Heroes of Ruin - Looks like it could be genuinely decent

June 22nd - LEGO Batman 2 - Available on other formats, 3D might sell it?

June 29th - Spirit Camera - Already confirmed to be rubbish I thought?

June 29th - Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns - Great if you like HM

July 6th - Theatrhythm : Final Fantasy - Interesting enough

July 20th - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - Gotta play 'em all!

August - New Super Mario Bros 2 - It's-a-him! you know the drill

So out of those eight titles, personally I'll be buying one maybe two games... Heroes of Ruin and NSMB2... this doesn't bother me as I've other games to play on other platforms but for anyone who only games on Nintendo platforms I can see things possibly getting frustrating for them, providing they don't like VC games that is, if they do then they'll still be reasonably well catered for I'm sure. :D

The latest Shaun the Sheep video (the basketball one) is fantastic! icon14.gif

Probably my favourite so far, excellent use of 3D too. :awesome:

That was a good episode. I like this week's as well. Found the Mario crossover episode a little disappointing though, was looking forward to that one as well.

That was a good episode. I like this week's as well. Found the Mario crossover episode a little disappointing though, was looking forward to that one as well.

Ikr? It was quite a let down. =/

I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts before, and I don't feel I can jump into the series with this one; plus I'm not really a fan of RPG's anyway.

Mario no, that doesn't interest me at all. Not really a fan of 2D Mario, even less so the New Super Mario Bros style, and even less so one based around gold coins everywhere.

There are a few games already out I could look into, namely MGS3D, Rhythm Theif and Kid Icarus, though I'm not sure I'm 100% convinced by any of those enough to by them.

Buy Kid Icarus. Best game on the 3DS so far.

Buy Rhythm Thief. Best game on the 3DS so far.

Shit week for Nintendo Downloads...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/06/nintendo_download_14th_june_2012_europe

3DS Virtual Console

Sonic Blast - Game Gear, SEGA, £4.50/€5

3DS Download Software

Samurai Sword Destiny - UFO Interactive, £5.40/€6 (No it's not the good one that we actually want :( )

DSiWare

Art of Ink - Sabarasa, 800pts

Wake me up when something good hits :zzz:

In my eyes, my big releases for 3DS this year are gonna be HoR and Paper Mario:SS really, *possibly* NSMB2 now that I've seen its coin rush aspects, I imagine streetpassing people with the same(and, if they could do international/online leaderboards for it) game and trying to beat them will be quite fun and add a lot of replayability. Also I like shiny things. Especially gold shiny things. So they kinda got me with that whole gold theme, the bastards. LM looks good, but not sure if I'll get blown away bit it, though admittedly I never played LM much so might get it if funds allow.

Add to that the fact I still need to get KI:Uprising too.

3DS Download Software

Samurai Sword Destiny - UFO Interactive, £5.40/€6

Really thought this might be a renamed Sakura Samurai for a moment when I saw it earlier. Oh well. The only thing that gives me hope is (perversely) how long it's taken Mutant Mudds to get through, so it may not be a write off after all... :wtf:

I really want some GBA games, and decent GBC games to be released, particularly the Zelda GBC ones (Ages/Seasons) and MGS

I really thought MGS would be released when MGS3D was, they missed a trick there