NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Shaun the Sheep has been the star of Nintendo Video. I absolutely adored "The Art Class" and anything with the bull or pigs. :)

Shaun the Sheep has been the star of Nintendo Video. I absolutely adored "The Art Class" and anything with the bull or pigs. :)

I just hope they offer them up for purchase at some point. It would be a tragedy to have them lost to the ether forever :(

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but can anyone confirm if I make a Letterbox letter and set it to StreetPass, will anyone I StreetPass get it or just people in the friends list?

Is there anyway to converse with people you StreetPass?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this already, but can anyone confirm if I make a Letterbox letter and set it to StreetPass, will anyone I StreetPass get it or just people in the friends list?

Is there anyway to converse with people you StreetPass?

You can only streetpass letters with people on your friends list, not random streetpasses.

Accidentally left my 3DS on sleep mode at work which usually drains the battery flat but when I checked it when I got home I still had full battery! Has Nintendo done some sneaky updates in one of the firmware updates to improve the battery life or was it some sort of weird coincidence/magic/I'm going crazy?

The 3DS normally lasts 2-3 days in sleep mode from a full charge, maybe you just didn't enter sleep mode properly before? When you close the 3DS while playing a game online for example it doesn't actually pause the game, it just turns off the screens and sound. Best thing to do is to hold the power button til you get the grey screen and then close the 3DS to make sure it's in sleep mode.

Hmm, I was never playing a game before especially not online, it was always either closing the lid on the home screen or pressing the power button and then closing the lid and the battery would usually be dead by 6PM if I forget to turn it off.

Accidentally left my 3DS on sleep mode at work which usually drains the battery flat but when I checked it when I got home I still had full battery! Has Nintendo done some sneaky updates in one of the firmware updates to improve the battery life or was it some sort of weird coincidence/magic/I'm going crazy?

Did you turn the wireless off maybe? With Wireless turned off, you're looking at a battery life of weeks-months; with Wireless on though, you'll drain it completely within a day.

Did you turn the wireless off maybe? With Wireless turned off, you're looking at a battery life of weeks-months; with Wireless on though, you'll drain it completely within a day.

Wireless was on, got a streetpass. ::shrug:

Wireless was on, got a streetpass. ::shrug:

Oh ok, then you're probably just going nuts :p

Does the 3DS glitch and crash much? Had a few errors now involving Mario Kart. Once it wouldn't let me online because it suddenly decided there was no memory card there, and other times when online it force closes and says the system has to restart because of an error.

The added complexity to the DS family OS seems to come with its problems, or is this just my bullet magnet luck from Mario Kart permeating my entire life now?

Mario Kart is prone to crashing but I haven't heard of that happening before.

One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP 2 is out 27th July, couldn't find a topic and so figured I'd post it here.

No memory card sounds really weird. Most common MK7 error I think is the "unwrapping a new cart part" freeze. When you unlock a new part, try and give it a couple of seconds between each button press, it seemed to work for me.

No memory card sounds really weird. Most common MK7 error I think is the "unwrapping a new cart part" freeze. When you unlock a new part, try and give it a couple of seconds between each button press, it seemed to work for me.

Yeah, I've had that one too. If the mem card one happens again I may format it. I've looked into the MK7 communication error and some people recommend manual internet settings; so I've done that and will see how that turns out.

One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP 2 is out 27th July, couldn't find a topic and so figured I'd post it here.

I still can't believe that Scamco have split that game into two parts.

I still can't believe that Scamco have split that game into two parts.

Their excuse was translations...

Yeah, I've had that one too. If the mem card one happens again I may format it. I've looked into the MK7 communication error and some people recommend manual internet settings; so I've done that and will see how that turns out.

Try the old fashioned "blow into the SD card slot and the bottom of the SD card" trick to see if it makes things better. Also turn your 3DS off completely (not just put into sleep mode) before taking out and putting in SD cards.

Well my 3DS broke a little while back and couldnt be replaced at the time so I got a refund. Anyway my dad just gave me his with Mario Kart, 3D Land, Pilotwings and Revelations.

I guess giving him all those games and blurays over the past few got to him. I think giving him Max Payne pushed him over the edge.

The latest Shaun the Sheep video (the basketball one) is fantastic! icon14.gif

Probably my favourite so far, excellent use of 3D too. :awesome:

Will they be announcing this at E3? I hope it does have just the large screen and not the circle pads thingy :)

What are the chances of any surprises at the 3DS showcase later, considering it's not an "event" like yesterday's confrence, and as Nintendo have published those press packs with details on ALL games and hardware at E3?

There was only 1 surprise at last year's E3 (Luigi's Mansion 2) and I was kinda hoping for more this year.

Might be some sort of 'surprise' third party wise as I remember Iwata saying a little back that more Western developed titles were on the way and it is an hour long showcase of titles. Whether that means we'll see anything I'm not sure but I'd hope so. Japanese studios will probably hold back until TGS so I wouldn't expect anything 'big' from Capcom/Square Enix/etc. until then.

The portable Call Of Duty game on Vita wasn't announced as an exclusive was it? Be nice to see that, or any FPS infact. Can't belive we've yet to see a FPS on 3DS - not counting the optional FPS mode in the Resident Evil games of course - especially as the DS had several COD and 007 titles, Metroid, Moon, Dementium, Brothers of Arms etc

That's a really good point, we need to see some FPS. It would add to the great variety already available, and having a FPS in 3D should look really good.

On a personal note I love surprises, would be superb to see some! this is at 2:00am right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software.

[3DS] 01. Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland 3D (Square Enix, 05.31.2012): 513,183

[PS3] 02. Dragon's Dogma (Capcom, 05.24.2012): 82,985 (385,025)

[3DS] 03. Mario Tennis Open (Nintendo, 05.24.2012): 41,479 (143,124)

[WII] 04. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, 04.26.2012): 19,627 (400,390)

[3DS] 05. Guild 01 (Level-5, 05.31.2012): 14,790

[PS3] 06. Fist of the North Star Pachislot (Sega, 05.31.2012): 13,758

[3DS] 07. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 05.24.2012): 10,018 (1,605,114)

[PSP] 08. Soukoku no Kusabi Hiiro no Kakera 3 Ashita e no Tobira (Idea Factory, 05.31.2012): 10,008

[3DS] 09. Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo, 04.19.2012): 9,654 (400,999)

[3DS] 10. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12.01.2011): 7,771 (1,728,338)

[3DS] 11. Dangerous Love Investigation Room (Quinn Rose, 05.31.2012): 7,349

[3DS] 12. Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom, 12.10.2011): 7,001 (1,465,659)

[PSP] 13. Uta no Prince Sama Debut (Broccoli, 05.24.2012): 5,445 (66,821)

[3DS] 14. Mario & Sonic at London Olympics (Nintendo, 03.01.2012): 4,374 (176,356)

[360] 15. Dragon's Dogma (Capcom, 05.24.2012): 4,372 (33,397)

[WII] 16. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, 11.10.2010): 4,201 (953,286)

[PSP] 17. BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works, 05.31.2012): 3,982

[3DS] 18. Kid Icarus Uprising (Nintendo, 03.22.2012): 3,974 (284,552)

[PSP] 19. Tsuyokiss 3rd Term Portable (Net Revo, 05.31.2012): 3,376

[PSP] 20. My Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute Portable Can't Possibly Be Continuing (Namco Bandai, 05.17.2012): 3,216 (63,144)

Hardware

1. 3DS: 101,075 (55,212)

2. PS3: 14,799 (14,771)

3. PSP: 10,547 (10,617)

4. PSV: 7,551 (6,675)

5. Wii: 5,825 (6,149)

6. X360: 2,719 (3,069)

7. PS2: 1,106 (1,027)

8. DSi LL: 665 (628)

9. DSi: 379 (431)

Source: http://andriasang.com/con1cu/media_create_sales/

Edited by -Dem0-