NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Monster Hunter 3G could be the big announcement at Nintendo's 3DS event.
Oh man, I seriously hope it is.

That would be amazing. :awesome:

I'm still really into the Wii version at the moment, it's such a great game. :hehe:

If Nintendo announce a redesign I will be mad because they cut the price and if they do announce it then it's not fair to the people who got it at the start and I think the big announcement is Zelda MM 3DS

Now here's something that could very well be announced, I think. Especially given the current interest from the fans.

Perhaps the same team that did OoT3D moved straight on to MM3D, but NINTENDO is still trying to keep it quiet by playing the humble fool.

What I also hope to see, and I know it's not HUGE game announcement, is a little franchise we all know as Advance Wars.

Oh snap, now my hopes are up

Zelda MM would not be the secret title, Nintendo has to announce a game that will explode the market, it's the main intention, Zelda as popular as it is among gamers like ourselves, just doesn't have the power that DQ, MH, pokemon and a side scrolling mario game has.

I am highly think it's MH3Tri G, it's just what the 3DS really needs

What I also hope to see, and I know it's not HUGE game announcement, is a little franchise we all know as Advance Wars.

There was a rumour going around that there might be a new Fire Emblem, could be that. Don't think Nintendo would dedicate a whole event to it (or Advance Wars) though.

Rumours from 4Chan ( take with massive grain of salt ) are that one of the titles is indeed Monster Hunter 3G. It will be teased at the event with a brief showing and then a full trailer will be shown at TGS. They say it has some kind of connectivity with either the Wii version or a future installment.

The other title to be shown are Mach Rider Unchained and a new Baten Kaitos.

I am still of the belief that stuff like that wont be shown. This is Nintendo's conference

Plus, that person is acting like it's a trade show, this is just a conference

The game looks like a racing-brawler and is way darker-looking than normal Nintendo fare. Will be released in 2012 and takes place in the year 2112. Has a very gritty look and is easily the most visually impressive game I’ve seen running on the 3DS hardware. Gameplay switches between vehicle chases/races and overly theatrical 3D on-foot gun fights.

Monster Games or bust.

But no, it sounds exactly like the sort of thing someone would make up.

I strongly believe the major game announcements will include a Pokémon game. We've been promised more games announced this year so

I strongly believe the major game announcements will include a Pokémon game. We've been promised more games announced this year so

It's something I've been thinking a lot as well since this conference was announced. What would be bigger than a new Pokemon game (a true pokemon game and not a spin-off) being announced for the 3DS?

Other than perhaps Monster Hunter 3DS, which I suspect will be announced at the conference as well and if not then it should show up at TGS. It's a conference being held by Nintendo but that doesn't mean they don't understand how important strong third party support is for the platform (at least you hope they understand it).

A new Baten Kaitos game isn't too far fetched. Monolith are working on the WiiU but it's heavily speculated that they're working on something for the 3DS as well and given the battle system, it'd work well. I've got my fingers crossed for that but who knows what'll be shown. It is Nintendo after all, who can simultaneously raise our hopes and dash them in one fell swoop.

I am still of the belief that stuff like that wont be shown. This is Nintendo's conference

Plus, that person is acting like it's a trade show, this is just a conference

yes it is a nintendo conference but they have to start announcing some big time japanese third party support ASAP!

I really hope it is a third party game as we already know that ninty will deliver the goods.

yes it is a nintendo conference but they have to start announcing some big time japanese third party support ASAP!

I really hope it is a third party game as we already know that ninty will deliver the goods.

Third parties should announce their own stuff. Nintendo is a developer also and they shouldn't have to shill other people's work constantly

It's something I've been thinking a lot as well since this conference was announced. What would be bigger than a new Pokemon game (a true pokemon game and not a spin-off) being announced for the 3DS?

Yeah, though it's a bit early for a main series game without it risking damaging BW's sales like FRLG dented RS's.

That said, I believe that any main series games this coming year will be DS games with MAJOR 3DS enhancements.

My bizarro theory is; Third gen remakes. Two games, counterparts of eachother. One is a remake of Emerald and has you go through Hoenn first, then end up going to Kanto afterwards while the other game is a remake of FRLG and has you go through Kanto and Hoenn afterwards, with the second regions being set later than it being in the other game, but the wild Pokémon in the games being the counterparts from the originals.

Or they'll just be RS remakes :P or the third game

Have just caught wind of what actually will be at the conference from reliable source and now feel like I have to remove myself from the internet because of uncertainty over whether I can contain it.*

*due more to the fact having reliable secret info is a novelty for me, rather than the magnitude of the actual content.

Time for a forum hiatus again!

Have just caught wind of what actually will be at the conference from reliable source and now feel like I have to remove myself from the internet because of uncertainty over whether I can contain it.*

*due more to the fact having reliable secret info is a novelty for me, rather than the magnitude of the actual content.

Time for a forum hiatus again!

Is this anything to do with the N-E tweet about more Monster Hunter rumours?

I never had you down down as a fan so to you, the "actual content" wouldn't be that important... or do you mean it's not important to anyone?

I saw on GoNintendo about the 4Chan rumours of Monster Hunter Tri G, Mach Rider and a new Baten Kaitos... but I thought that Monolithsoft thing had been squashed as a rumour ruling the last out.

To be honest, would this rumoured MHTG be that much different from MHP3rd? I doubt it and so I don't see it as scoop with the HD version out too.

I mean you should tune in to N-Europe on September 13th as we'll be having all the exciting news as it breaks.

I mean you should tune in to N-Europe on September 13th as we'll be having all the exciting news as it breaks.

Are you trying to avoid my question on purpose or just by accident? ;)

I'm thinking it's going to be a Pokemon game as well. But you never know, Monster Hunter is THE game in Japan to get some consoles sold.

If it's a Pokemon RPG, it's going to have to follow Pokemon Crystal and change the game from being able to be played on older systems to the newer system only. It will easily sell a few million 3DS units in a short span of time, I just hope that now the EU/US times are closer together than ever, they start shortening that 7-9 month span from the JP release.

Rumours from 4Chan ( take with massive grain of salt ) are that one of the titles is indeed Monster Hunter 3G. It will be teased at the event with a brief showing and then a full trailer will be shown at TGS. They say it has some kind of connectivity with either the Wii version or a future installment.

and a new Baten Kaitos.

Baten Kaitos.

1308771133520.gif

Seriously, DQX MH3G, AND THIS announced this month =

1308776599797.gif

More rumours.

Monster Hunter exclusive for 3DS, supports online play.

A Yoshi side scroller for 3DS, developed by Good-Feel.

New game from WarioWare team.

Etrian Odyssey 3DS

Hatsune Miku 3DS, contains all songs from Project DIVA 1 and 2.

New 3DS color: solid silver.

Presentation on eShop demos; Super Mario Land 3D will have a downloadable demo.

The "new project" from Alchemist, the famous visual novel company, is an entirely new "moe mystery" for 3DS.

Ace Attorney 5, will supposedly include an Edgeworth scenario. AA: Investigations being phased in to main series?

Ace Attourney 5? Count me in! I'm still gutted they didn't localise the Miles Edgeworth sequel :( Hopefully we'll get news on the Layton crossover too.

As for the big title, it's probably Monster Hunter 3, given the sales of the game on the Wii could have been massively more if it were on a different system. 3DS will be a great platform for it to be on, and I'm sure it'd see a lot of new fans. The big game defo won't be Zelda MM:3D, as Zelda is really that big in Japan.

A Yoshi side-scroller by Good-Feel would be brilliant! Epic Yarn felt like a successor to Yoshi's Story in style, so this makes perfect sense. Hope it's true.

Game demos are something that I have always considered a great thing, so I was already happy with the possibility to download them from the Wii, but 3DS demos directly from the eshop would be amazing.