NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

2 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Sounds like a plan! When would you have time? I'm fairly full this weekend but I may have some room here or there. Mostly on Saturday I think, or Sunday evening.

I'm normally free every weekend, but @Dcubed's schedule changes every week, so he'll have to let you know later on in the future.

• Thanks 2

The battry in my New 3DS has died and it refuses to charge. I guess it's finally decided to give up.

• Sad 2

I'm up for some Tri Force Heroes if there's a slot open, I never unlocked all the costumes.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I'm up for some Tri Force Heroes if there's a slot open, I never unlocked all the costumes.

Oh, now that's a thing. How about next weekend, @Vileplume2000?

I had some issues with my New Nintendo 3DS last week so I'm just going to post it here in case someone runs into similar problems. I was playing Rhythm Thief (installed on the microSD card) and the game kept crashing at the same point.

I then tried to back-up the save data and delete the game from the 3DS menu in the hope that a redownload would fix the crash. However, the 3DS wouldn't let me delete the game, or create the back-up file. I tried deleting something else (an old demo) and that didn't work either; could not delete the demo.

So I took out my microSD, copied the contents to another microSD, placed it in and tried deleting Rhythm Thief again. Now it worked! Redownloaded the game and kept the save file, so I could resume my playthrough and not another crash was seen.

I took a closer look to the removed microSD card on my PC and I couldn't remove stuff from there, apparently write protection was on. Tried removing it via a couple of ways but I can't get write protection off, so my conclusion is the SD card is busted.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 2

I didn’t realise (well, I must have known at some point and then forgot) that you can’t transfer from a ‘New’ 3DS to an ‘old’ or OG 3DS. :( 

Found my Princess Peach 3DS and maaannn. Love it. Wanted to transfer the data back from my 2DS XL but wouldn’t let me. I remembered when I did the original transfer years ago that my plan was to keep the Peach 3DS in its box and not use it and just have all of my data, saves and content on a cheaper 2DS XL. 
I like the 2DS, and the bigger screen is much needed for some games, but disappointing that I couldn’t relive the original 3DS experience again. 

Edited by Aneres11

Wasn't aware of that, either @Aneres11 :( Maybe you have SNES games or something like that that won't transfer back to the weaker machine?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Wasn't aware of that, either @Aneres11 :( Maybe you have SNES games or something like that that won't transfer back to the weaker machine?

I think regardless of what you have on the system, it just won’t let you send it back. Such a shame. 

Okay so I've got a New 3DS (new in both senses of the word) and trying to link my NNID to it but it's failing. I have checked and the details are right. Can you not link a Switch-based NNID to a 3DS one?

And am I going to have problems if I am still connected to another old 3DS (which I don't have and I asked the person to system reset before getting rid of but don't know if they did)?

It might be that I'm getting the details for my NNID wrong and confusing it with my Nintendo Account but this guide refers to clicking something that doesn't exist 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Okay so I've got a New 3DS (new in both senses of the word) and trying to link my NNID to it but it's failing. I have checked and the details are right. Can you not link a Switch-based NNID to a 3DS one?

And am I going to have problems if I am still connected to another old 3DS (which I don't have and I asked the person to system reset before getting rid of but don't know if they did)?

Gonna shout out to @Dcubed, he helped me when I needed to link stuff together

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It might be that I'm getting the details for my NNID wrong and confusing it with my Nintendo Account but this guide refers to clicking something that doesn't exist 

Are you trying to input your Switch friend code? I ask because NNID are 3DS and Wii U only. 

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Are you trying to input your Switch friend code? I ask because NNID are 3DS and Wii U only. 

Nah. It asks for NNID, password and email. I can see from my Nintendo Account that the ID is correct. The password may be different but can't reset it anywhere as the instructions Nintendo gives for the 3DS mention an option that doesn't exist.

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Nah. It asks for NNID, password and email. 

...okay.

If you connected your NNID to your nintendo.co.uk account you can retrieve the NNID itself on the website in account settings then maybe reset the password via the 3DS steps you are following?

EDIT: try this and let us know --> https://id.nintendo.net/account/forgotten-password

Edited by darksnowman
  • Like 1

It turns out the password reset instructions it mentions are if you've already logged in on the console. When connecting if you don't remember the password you have to go to that link you mentioned.

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

It turns out the password reset instructions it mentions are if you've already logged in on the console. When connecting if you don't remember the password you have to go to that link you mentioned.

Cheers!

No probs! 

Next step was to say Ash let's get on a Teams or Zoom call and sort this out. :p 

15 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

No probs! 

Next step was to say Ash let's get on a Teams or Zoom call and sort this out. :p 

I'd rather just give up 😋

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I'd rather just give up 😋

More passwords that you'd have to reset I guess.........

27 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

More passwords that you'd have to reset I guess.........

Teams I use for work and would rather not look at it, Zoom never works properly for me. 

Downloaded Pokémon Shuffle and Picross and wow the push to spend in the former is in your face. It's a shame, I actually like the gameplay and would pay for a version without all that. 

And I have a question which I'm just going to tag @Glen-i in on because let's face it...I have had a look and can use the Pokémon Transporter to send Pokémon from the Virtual Console games to bank, but can't use it to send to other VC games right? Like if I got Gold and Silver I can't use it to transfer between my copies can I?

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And I have a question which I'm just going to tag @Glen-i in on because let's face it...I have had a look and can use the Pokémon Transporter to send Pokémon from the Virtual Console games to bank, but can't use it to send to other VC games right? Like if I got Gold and Silver I can't use it to transfer between my copies can I?

Yep, you're right, it's a one way trip.

You can do it old-school via in-game trading, but you'd need another 3DS with the virtual console games to do that.

Edited by Glen-i
Didn't read that question properly.
  • Like 1

Right, so I'm about to ask a weird question: How many 3DS games actually require the R button?

The reason is that my R button has been malfunctioning as of late (since about a year ago), and it's working less and less frequently. Lately I've played two games from the eShop, one where the L&R buttons were used only in menus (and since it cycled, I could just press L the whole time), and another where the R button was essential... except there was a button on the touch screen that could replace it, so I could still manage. And finally, a while back I played Azure Striker Gunvolt, which simply allowed me to remap buttons on the fly.

So my question is more: Which games would, in fact, be rendered useless if my R button stops working completely? This might influence some of my future purchases.

Edited by Jonnas

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

So my question is more: Which games would, in fact, be rendered useless if my R button stops working completely? This might influence some of my future purchases.

The Monster Hunter Titles use R to dash, so that's a big nope right there.

Ironically, Monster Hunter Stories doesn't. But it's been a while since I played that, so I can't remember if it's required for anything else.

Mario Kart 7 would be difficult without being able to drift.

Resi Evil Revelations (and Mercenaries 3D) uses R to start aiming, so that's unplayable.

EDIT: The PMD games would also be difficult because R is used to restrict yourself to diagonal movement, which is more useful then it sounds.

That's just off the top of my head.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1