NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

EOQXp2UWoAA-tTZ.jpg

Ah, wow. Wonder how long that's been sitting there.

I haven't looked at 3DS games for a while but I followed @Dcubed's link to the Argos site and browsed through them. Hey Pikmin is £2.49 and Metroid Federation Force is only £5.99.

Will definitely get Pikmin but I'm not sure about Federation Force. Is it designed to play single player or is it a bit clunky unless you have other people to play with?

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

I haven't looked at 3DS games for a while but I followed @Dcubed's link to the Argos site and browsed through them. Hey Pikmin is £2.49 and Metroid Federation Force is only £5.99.

Will definitely get Pikmin but I'm not sure about Federation Force. Is it designed to play single player or is it a bit clunky unless you have other people to play with?

Have you reserved your copy? I imagine lots of stores are selling out quite fast at the prices the games are going for.

Whilst Metroid can be played in single player, the game really is geared/balanced towards the co-op side of things.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Have you reserved your copy? I imagine lots of stores are selling out quite fast at the prices the games are going for.

Whilst Metroid can be played in single player, the game really is geared/balanced towards the co-op side of things.

Just tried to order Pikmin and they don't offer it for delivery. Only available for in store pick up if the specific store has stock and it isn't in stock at my local one. 

Oh well, wasn't desperate to play it anyway just thought I might as well at that price.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

Federation Force is really a co-op game.  It can be played single player, but it's really not terribly fun on your own.

It is pretty fun in co-op though.

• Thanks 1

A few more 3DS game have been reduced over at Argos.

Smash Bros £13.99
Miitopia £13.99
Bowser's Inside Story £11.99
Triforce Heroes £7.99
Mario Party: Star Rush £7.99
Captain Toad £7.99
Paper Mario: Sticker Star £7.99

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

Aw man, I’m jealous of the discounts you often get! See some games that I’m missing in my collection going for dirt cheap...

So i've been using that nintendo badge arcade thing. The claw grabber type game where the pink rabbit won't stop asking you for money. It's kinda fun but the game is pretty dead. Atleast I haven't spent a single penny on it yet.

I've also been playing Picross 3D round 2 every night for a month or so now. After it's done I'll look through my 3DS backlog and see what else there is. Puzzle and Dragon maybe? I've also go those two Project X Zone games that I haven't even touched so I might try them next.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8....those are going to take a while. I started playing DQ7, got a fair ways through it and put it down. I'm afraid if I load up the save again I wouldn't know where I was or what I was doing at the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, martinist said:

Dragon Quest 7 and 8....those are going to take a while. I started playing DQ7, got a fair ways through it and put it down. I'm afraid if I load up the save again I wouldn't know where I was or what I was doing at the time.

Party Chat usually tells you what you have to do next.

• Like 1

I've picked up some more 3DS goodies.

EQL2iUfWkAECQTW?format=jpg&name=small

I seen Argos was selling the console for a decent price (£120) and I decided to pick one up given how hard they are to find now. It's not the best 3DS design but I wanted another model in case my New 2DS bites the dust. Plus, as much as I love my New 2DS, I really dislike the placement of the speakers. When playing a game at full volume you can feel the vibrations of the speakers when you hold the handheld. It's such a poor design/placement. With the New 3DS model this won't be an issue.

I've been toying with picking up Fantasy Life again for a while now. I had it back when it was released but I never really got into it for some reason. I foolishly got rid of it but I found a sealed copy on ebay for a good price and decided to snap it up. The other two games were games that Argos were selling off that I had interest in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've picked up some more 3DS goodies.

EQL2iUfWkAECQTW?format=jpg&name=small

I seen Argos was selling the console for a decent price (£120) and I decided to pick one up given how hard they are to find now. It's not the best 3DS design but I wanted another model in case my New 2DS bites the dust. Plus, as much as I love my New 2DS, I really dislike the placement of the speakers. When playing a game at full volume you can feel the vibrations of the speakers when you hold the handheld. It's such a poor design/placement. With the New 3DS model this won't be an issue.

I've been toying with picking up Fantasy Life again for a while now. I had it back when it was released but I never really got into it for some reason. I foolishly got rid of it but I found a sealed copy on ebay for a good price and decided to snap it up. The other two games were games that Argos were selling off that I had interest in. 

Nice haul. I put about 25 hours into Fantasy Life and REALLY enjoyed it, but the demand of other games got the better of me. Definitely one I'd like to go back to because it was very unique in its approach to classes and progression. 

• Thanks 1

I snaped and spent £7 in that badge catcher...they had amiibo badges and I needed them. Thats how i'm justifying this.

I've been meaning to buy another 3DS. The battery on my original New 3DS isn't lasting as long as it did when I first bought it a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, martinist said:

I snaped and spent £7 in that badge catcher...they had amiibo badges and I needed them. Thats how i'm justifying this.

I've been meaning to buy another 3DS. The battery on my original New 3DS isn't lasting as long as it did when I first bought it a few years ago.

I had the same problem with mine.  Bought a few replacement batteries direct from Nintendo and swapped out the one on mine; keeping the other batteries spare for the future.

No way would I accept any other model; the small size New 3DS is easily the best model (the twiglet stylus is unfortunate though... really wish that somebody would make a telescopic stylus that fits in the New3DS' stylus slot...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I had the same problem with mine.  Bought a few replacement batteries direct from Nintendo and swapped out the one on mine; keeping the other batteries spare for the future.

Do you know if it's still possible to get them? My NEW 3DS is about 4 years old now and the battery doesn't usually go beyond 2 hours.

What about eBay? Amazon? or is it better to buy official ones direct from the big N?

11 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

Do you know if it's still possible to get them? My NEW 3DS is about 4 years old now and the battery doesn't usually go beyond 2 hours.

What about eBay? Amazon? or is it better to buy official ones direct from the big N?

I think Nintendo have run out now; I remember hearing that people were trying to get one to no avail a few months back...

I think eBay is probably your only option now.

There is the Mugen Battery as well... It greatly extends the 3DS' battery life, but it increases the size of the console in exchange...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mugen-Power-Extended-Nintendo-included-White/dp/B01C5KOK1C

Unfortunately; unlike every other model of the 3DS (which all share batteries between each other; as well as the Wii U Pro Controller, making them super common).  The small size New 3DS has a bespoke battery that only IT uses, making it harder to get a hold of...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dcubed said:

No way would I accept any other model; the small size New 3DS is easily the best model (the twiglet stylus is unfortunate though... really wish that somebody would make a telescopic stylus that fits in the New3DS' stylus slot...)

I agree about this iteration being the best model.

I hunted down some 3rd party telescopic styluses on eBay for £2.  I didn’t hold out much hope but they work really well & stay in for the most part.  I’ve had them fall out on occasion following some vigour is shaking, but they’ve been worth it rather than having to use the “twiglet” sized one!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I agree about this iteration being the best model.

I hunted down some 3rd party telescopic styluses on eBay for £2.  I didn’t hold out much hope but they work really well & stay in for the most part.  I’ve had them fall out on occasion following some vigour is shaking, but they’ve been worth it rather than having to use the “twiglet” sized one!

Where did you find them? Any chance of a link?

Been wanting some for ages! I love my New3DS, but I bloody hate its twiglet stylus! (And don't particularily want to have to carry around my DSiXL's Mega Stylus around with me everywhere.  However much I love it, it's not very practical on the go!).

Edited by Dcubed

Where did you find them? Any chance of a link?

Been wanting some for ages! I love my New3DS, but I bloody hate its twiglet stylus! (And don't particularily want to have to carry around my DSiXL's Mega Stylus around with me everywhere.  However much I love it, it's not very practical on the go!).

I bought them off eBay, but they’re unfortunately no longer being sold. I’ve attached a picture of the original eBay item if that helps. They’re not quite as flush & secure as the original 3DS’s ones, but they rarely fall out, even when I try vigourously shaking my console!

f72f0098899d7b73d0346ee170648777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2020 at 1:38 AM, WackerJr said:

I bought them off eBay, but they’re unfortunately no longer being sold. I’ve attached a picture of the original eBay item if that helps. They’re not quite as flush & secure as the original 3DS’s ones, but they rarely fall out, even when I try vigourously shaking my console!

f72f0098899d7b73d0346ee170648777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.  But sadly it looks like there's nothing available for the small sized N3DS on eBay now; everything on there is for the N3DSxl or for the OG 3DS/3DSxl...

... sigh... my quest for a decent N3DS telescopic stylus continues :( 

Edited by Dcubed

Ok, I may need some advice... I’m going through my 3DS backlog and I fancy ploughing through a RPG.  I’m deciding between three I have but haven’t started yet: Earthbound, Xenoblade Chronicles or Golden Sun Dark Dawn...

I’m thinking Earthbound (can’t believe I downloaded it but haven’t played it yet), but Nick’s positive talk on Xenoblade 2 in the latest N-E Cafe podcast has made me think twice (coupled with the latest rumour of more Mother news before the end of the year, so should I wait?)

What do you fine folk recommend? 😃

Edited by WackerJr
Sorry Nick - you not Greg who finally completed Xenoblade 2!

49 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Ok, I may need some advice... I’m going through my 3DS backlog and I fancy ploughing through a RPG.  I’m deciding between three I have but haven’t started yet: Earthbound, Xenoblade Chronicles or Golden Sun Dark Dawn...

Earthbound is awful, Xenoblade is rough on the 3DS and i've yet to play Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Yeah, I wasn't much help. :D 

• Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I'd say get the HD version of Xenoblade instead if you can.

I got bored of Golden Sun Dark Dawn but I was obsessed with Dragon Quest IX at the time and went back to that, so I dunno if I gave it a fair enough shot.

My vote is Earthbound then.

• Thanks 1

Yeah don’t bother with Xenoblade on 3DS. I’d play the Wii version before the 3DS one. It looks awful and is difficult to play.

Haven’t player Golden Sun but enjoyed what I’ve played of Earthbound on Wii U. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I’m thinking Earthbound (can’t believe I downloaded it but haven’t played it yet), but Nick’s positive talk on Xenoblade 2 in the latest N-E Cafe podcast has made me think twice (coupled with the latest rumour of more Mother news before the end of the year, so should I wait?)

What do you fine folk recommend? 😃

Earthbound has its charm, but be mindful of the fact that it is old-school. Not only does it have a simple - and sometimes arbitrarily silly - plot, it absolutely does not hold its punches. If you ever played an old-school Dragon Quest game where you must take every enemy seriously and/or cautiously, Earthbound follows a similar philosophy (and indeed, the Mother series feels a lot like DQ satire).

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is one I don't recommend. If you haven't played the first two games, this game will make you feel like you should've (I definitely recall Grazza saying something to this effect way back then). If you have played the previous ones, this one isn't as good (though I must admit that Amiti and Sveta are wonderful additions to the lore. Sveta in particular is the best thing in the game, gameplay- and story-wise). If you do feel like delving back into Weyard to see how that world's been, I think that's the right mindset to play the game.

Haven't played Xenoblade, but I figure the upcoming Switch version would be the undeniably best version, if that's important to you.

On a general note, I recommend Earthbound out of those three.

• Thanks 1