NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I think a big part as to why I enjoy and am clinging on to the 3DS is because it's pretty much the last bastion of traditional gaming. Most of the games that are on the system come complete on the cartridge and that's something you just don't see that often, even on the Switch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It actually annoys me a little bit when I see games being constantly updated on the Switch.  I mean, do they really need it?  It's one thing fixing bugs and spelling errors (although as has been said, that means the cartridge version is never complete).  In theory developers could tinker with the balance of a game when you liked it as it was - I often see updates happening and hope it's not changing something I like.  But hey, what can you do?  Unfortunately, that's modern gaming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/05/2019 at 4:14 PM, Grazza said:

It actually annoys me a little bit when I see games being constantly updated on the Switch.  I mean, do they really need it?  It's one thing fixing bugs and spelling errors (although as has been said, that means the cartridge version is never complete).  In theory developers could tinker with the balance of a game when you liked it as it was - I often see updates happening and hope it's not changing something I like.  But hey, what can you do?  Unfortunately, that's modern gaming.

I wouldn't worry too much, most updates are always going to be either fixing bugs or anti-piracy measures. Vulnerabilities are found on a near constant basis and they tend to wanna patch those out ASAP, but you fix one thing and then people go find another, it's pretty much a never ending cycle.

I’ve downloaded some Gameboy VC games to my 3DS. It’s the perfect way to play some of those games, especially since the switch doesn’t have a VC and my Wii U, well, no...

23 minutes ago, markderoos said:

I’ve downloaded some Gameboy VC games to my 3DS. It’s the perfect way to play some of those games, especially since the switch doesn’t have a VC and my Wii U, well, no...

What games did you pick up?

• Thanks 1

From the top of my head, Mario Land 1, 2 and 3, Mole Mania, Kirby’s Dream Land 1 and 2, Link’s Awakening DX, both Zelda Oracle games and Hana Samurai. Not all VC/Gameboy games, I know ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, markderoos said:

From the top of my head, Mario Land 1, 2 and 3, Mole Mania, Kirby’s Dream Land 1 and 2, Link’s Awakening DX, both Zelda Oracle games and Hana Samurai. Not all VC/Gameboy games, I know ;)

Excellent choices all round! They’re all great games!

Which one are you gonna play first?

Hana Samurai is the only one I haven’t played yet, so that might be the one. On the other hand it’s been a long while since I last played Wario Land or Mole Mania. Choices, choices... ;)

I sold my 3DS a few years ago but I’m in the mood to play a Pokemon game at the moment so thought I might grab myself a cheap 2DS XL. Got a couple of questions as it’s been a while.

Do they come with an SD card? 

If not then what size is worth buying? I don’t plan on getting a lot but it’d be nice to maybe get some older games on sale that I might want to replay.

Are digital purchases now tied to my account? I thought I remembered something about it happening ages ago but wasn’t sure if I’d just be able to download my old games again.

Thank you for your continued service in answering Nintendo questions.

Kind regards

Happ N’ Stance esq

7 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I sold my 3DS a few years ago but I’m in the mood to play a Pokemon game at the moment so thought I might grab myself a cheap 2DS XL. Got a couple of questions as it’s been a while.

Do they come with an SD card? 

If not then what size is worth buying? I don’t plan on getting a lot but it’d be nice to maybe get some older games on sale that I might want to replay.

Are digital purchases now tied to my account? I thought I remembered something about it happening ages ago but wasn’t sure if I’d just be able to download my old games again.

Thank you for your continued service in answering Nintendo questions.

Kind regards

Happ N’ Stance esq

New 2DS XL comes with 4gb. If you want to upgrade then 8gb - 32gb depending on how many games you want to download.

Digital purchases are linked to your NNID account, but you can't just log into a different 3DS and download your titles, I think they are still tied to the console as well. I think your NNID gets tied to that console as well. Think it's just a bit easier to get Nintendo to transfer the licenses. Been a while so can't remeber exactly how it works.

• Thanks 1

Arlo celebrates the life of the 3DS.

His comment about the size of 3DS owners backlog is spot on. I was actually nodding in agreement with him. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/05/2019 at 12:28 AM, Ike said:

New 2DS XL comes with 4gb. If you want to upgrade then 8gb - 32gb depending on how many games you want to download.

Digital purchases are linked to your NNID account, but you can't just log into a different 3DS and download your titles, I think they are still tied to the console as well. I think your NNID gets tied to that console as well. Think it's just a bit easier to get Nintendo to transfer the licenses. Been a while so can't remeber exactly how it works.

Yes. I bought a New Nintendo 3DS along with a new SD Card (can’t remember the size though) and I was able to transfer my NNID, along with my games, saves, etc. over from my regular 3DS.  The process is on the Nintendo website and I recall it being relatively simple, although needed a computer as well.

Sales for this fiscal year (april-september) are up:

– 0.17 million 3DS units sold this fiscal quarter; 0.37 million this fiscal year
– 3DS software: 1.12 million this quarter, 2.6 million this fiscal year

Not that impressive... Million sellers:

Mario Kart 7 – 18.47 million
Pokemon X/Y – 16.42 million
Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.17 million
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.23 million
New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.27 million
Super Mario 3D Land – 12.60 million
Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.36 million
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.54 million
Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 8.57 million
Tomodachi Life – 6.51 million

On the bright side, Pokemon US/UM is now officially the best selling 3rd version of any Pokemon game in the entire series; it just beat Pokemon Black2/White2.

Edited by Dcubed

32 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

On the bright side, Pokemon US/UM is now officially the best selling 3rd version of any Pokemon game in the entire series; it just beat Pokemon Black2/White2.

If anything, that just goes to show how underappreciated B2/W2, seeing as they're not really third versions. Not in the usual sense, anyway.

Double post in wrong thread - how nice! And apparently my copy command didn't work so now it's lost. Oh well. It was just a small anecdote.

Edited by MindFreak

@lostmario gave me a heads up that Argos are selling off a lot of their 3DS games for stupid prices. Highlights include...

• Yokai Watch games for around £3 each ( I managed to snag these)
  • Wario Ware Gold £6
  • Fire Emblem Echoes £6
  • Hey! Pikmin £2.50
  • Mario Sports Superstars £6
  • Fire Emblem Warriors £6
  • Fire Emblem Fates (both versions) £12.99
  • Bravely Second £5

I imagine these will sell out stupidly fast so act quickly if you want any of them.

EDIT: Dragon Quest VII is also £2.50 but I haven't been able to find stock of that anywhere.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@lostmario gave me a heads up that Argos are selling off a lot of their 3DS games for stupid prices. Highlights include...

• Yokai Watch games for around £3 each ( I managed to snag these)
  • Wario Ware Gold £6
  • Fire Emblem Echoes £6
  • Hey! Pikmin £2.50
  • Mario Sports Superstars £6
  • Fire Emblem Warriors £6
  • Fire Emblem Fates (both versions) £12.99
  • Bravely Second £5

I imagine these will sell out stupidly fast so act quickly if you want any of them.

EDIT: Dragon Quest VII is also £2.50 but I haven't been able to find stock of that anywhere.

Is this online only? Because if so. I'll have to ask @Dcubed to try and get a copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. That game is too good to not buy for that price!

9 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Is this online only? Because if so. I'll have to ask @Dcubed to try and get a copy of Fire Emblem Echoes. That game is too good to not buy for that price!

Nah, in store as well. That's if there's stock left. You can check on their website if there is any near by if you type in your postcode.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah, in store as well. That's if there's stock left. You can check on their website if there is any near by if you type in your postcode.

Cheers, found one still in stock. Off to get it now.

tenor.gif

An hour trip, but totally worth it.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

Well, I ended up buying more than I anticipated. 

EOQX7JMXUAESaFF.jpg

I picked up the Fire Emblem games because I only have the special edition with everything on the one cart. I figured I would snap up the separate versions as well. I also picked up both versions of Yokai Watch 2 due to them only being a few quid each.

EOQXp2UWoAA-tTZ.jpg

I seen the listing for the game was the special edition. I've already got the game but figured I would take a shot and see if the game was indeed the collectors edition. Sure enough it was! Not bad for a fiver. :D Thanks again to @lostmario for the early morning message in regards to these offers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1