NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

19 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Just took a look at mine that I use to this day and is always in the charger and the plates are still in perfect condition. 

Thanks for taking a look.  I have no idea what has happened to mine then.

• Like 1

Does a system transfer essentially format the new 3DS?  Can I download software on my new 3DS and then transfer from my old one later (when/if I find it)?

After some digging around that seems to be the case,  but if anyone could confirm that'd be great.  

I can find all my games, just not the old console.  Maybe I could get away with just backing up things on the new 3DS to a Micro SD if I ever find my old one.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Does a system transfer essentially format the new 3DS?  Can I download software on my new 3DS and then transfer from my old one later (when/if I find it)?

After some digging around that seems to be the case,  but if anyone could confirm that'd be great.  

I can find all my games, just not the old console.  Maybe I could get away with just backing up things on the new 3DS to a Micro SD if I ever find my old one.

It'll act like a system format, or rather it just copies your old 3DS profile onto the new 3DS.

It does merge eShop purchases, such as preinstalled software, but it might depend if you had an NNID linked to your old 3DS. You'll probably need to create a new one on the new 3DS to download software anyway, I'm not 100% sure how it works since they introduced NNIDs to the 3DS.

Backing up to a Microco SD card won't work as your key will change after you do the system transfer.

Edit: Found this:

Please note: do not register your Nintendo Network ID (NNID) on your New Nintendo 3DS system prior to the system transfer. Your NNID will be automatically transferred along with your data. Registering your NNID on the target system beforehand will make data transfer impossible.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/New-Nintendo-3DS-New-Nintendo-3DS-XL/Transferring-data-between-systems/Step-by-step-System-Transfer-Guide/Step-by-step-System-Transfer-Guide-956502.html

• Like 1

Oh balls. Where the hell did I put that old 3DS...

Thanks for your help. 

Looked everywhere. I can find two cases and the charging cradle but not the console 😑

I've been in a bit of a gaming rut all week, where I either couldn't  be bothered to play anything or just kept jumping from game to game after about 10 mins of play. When this happens I have to go to my go to game to kick me out of the rut and that is A Link to the Past. I started it on Thursday and finished it this morning.

I picked up the 3DS VC version when it was on sale a few months ago. I've played the SNES, Wii and Wii U versions and this one doesn't hold up as well compared to those.

During my time playing the game I noticed slowdown in places I've never seen it before. There were also a few graphical glitches throughout the game, most notably at the top of the screen when using the mirror or walking on those tiles in dungeons that create holes. I wonder what they done with this that causes these issues? 

@Dcubed you're usually good with this kinda stuff. Was this version different to the others? Was this the US version or have they always used that when porting the games to the VC?

Still, the game done its job in giving me a gaming jump start that I needed. Man, I love LTTP to bits. Best Zelda game I've played all year. :p 

I will say that I hate how Miiverse has ended. I loved keeping track of my progress while playing on my 3DS. Kinda feels weird not being able to post on it anymore. :( 

I'm now in the mood in play something else, possibly a JRPG. I could crack on with Pokemon Ultra Moon or start Dragon Quest VIII or Bravely Second. Pokemon sends me to sleep ( seriously, I have fell asleep numerous times playing both Moon and Ultra Moon ) so I'll probably go with one of the latter options. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

During my time playing the game I noticed slowdown in places I've never seen it before. There were also a few graphical glitches throughout the game, most notably at the top of the screen when using the mirror or walking on those tiles in dungeons that create holes. I wonder what they done with this that causes these issues? 

@Dcubed you're usually good with this kinda stuff. Was this version different to the others? Was this the US version or have they always used that when porting the games to the VC?

The US version has always had more noticable slowdown than the PAL version (Same is true of a few other games I can think of, like Super Metroid and Super G N' G), something to do with the different clock speeds of the CPU and output resolution differences of PAL/NTSC; can't quite remember the details off the top of my head.  But yes, that's normal.  The game still runs noticably faster during normal gameplay though, because of 60hz.

As for graphical glitches? I've not played the game on New3DS, so I can't really comment I'm afraid.

• Thanks 3

So, I have finally upgraded my 3DS xl to a New 3DS xl (Metroid Edition) and did not take into account the switch of SD card format to Micro SD, so now I do not have enough space to redownload all my games. Any recommendations as to which card to get? I’m guessing 64gb should be enough as that’s what I had in my old 3DS. Also noticed there is only 1 model of 3DS on Nintendo’s official uk store now, the animal crossing one - could it be that it’s finally going to be discontinued now the Switch has proven a success? Still plenty of 2DS models on there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the New 3DS has already been discontinued and the XL is following suit (so just the 2DS and New 2DS will remain, being Nintendo’s low cost option for kids who can’t afford a Switch).

128GB micro SDs are dirt cheap now, I would just go for that at least.

Really feeling the 3DS love at the moment :love:

I've been focusing so much on Switch since it was released that I, like many others, was ready to move on completely and just cast the 3DS aside.. but that would be an injustice to a great handheld that still has some life left in it :grin:

I downloaded a fresh Yoshi theme, picked up a new cover plate and bought BIT.TRIP SAGA and it really has reinvigorated my desire for the system. I may even purchase a few other games that maybe slipped through the net since 2011!

On a side note, I also played Wario Ware D.I.Y. last night and I'm so ready for a new one (on Switch, though :heh: ) LABO shows that Nintendo are still promoting the teaching of basic programming so what better games to take that further than Wario Ware D.I.Y. and Super Mario Maker :hehe:

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Etrian Odyssey X announced for Japan on August 2nd.

– Culmination of the series from its start on the DS to now
– Popular classes from the games will be gathered in this one
– New “Hero” class
– Can make a dream party with a total of 19 classes
– Popular mechanics from the games will be gathered as well, including sub-classes, character creation, difficulty selection, and “Force Boost / Force Break”
– Completely new game
– More voluminous than previous titles
– Numerous labyrinths in the new setting that is the distant island of Lemuria
– First-print copy DLC for the game titled the “New Adventurer Illustration Pack”
– DLC will have unique class illustrations from illustrators:

• Thanks 1

Half of those characters in the trailer are probably getting edited if this arrives over here. :p

Personally, I really hope it does make it over here though, I'd buy it. :)

For a moment, I thought this was a collection of the entire series for Switch and while I'm not disappointed as the 3DS is where this series lives, it took me a while to work it out. :rolleyes:

Though... I'm still not sure if I follow completely, so this isn't a substitute for playing the entire series but more like a Monster Hunter Generations situation?

27 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Though... I'm still not sure if I follow completely, so this isn't a substitute for playing the entire series but more like a Monster Hunter Generations situation?

Sounds exactly like this (even down to the same naming scheme in Japanese)

I wonder if this will be the last 3DS retail release in the west... Either way, I'm sure Atlus is gunning for the record!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, S.C.G said:

For a moment, I thought this was a collection of the entire series for Switch and while I'm not disappointed as the 3DS is where this series lives, it took me a while to work it out. :rolleyes:

Yeah, same here.  Part of me wonders if they just wanted to make a third EO on 3DS, as there were three on DS.  It seems like this has every character class from previous games, as well as every aspect in general.  It's interesting that Force Boost is back, from Etrian Odyssey I and II - this was before Limit (team skills) and just allowed each character to emphasise any one move.  I wonder if it will have Boost and Limit, as I can't imagine it not having the latter.

It'll probably have every enemy too, but presumably not every map, as that would be too much.  The elemental dragons actually weren't in V, but it seems you can't keep them away for long!

• Thanks 1

3DS means life. 

We will continue the Nintendo 3DS business by leveraging its installed base and rich software library. We believe it is important to leverage the rich library of Nintendo 3DS series titles to drive sales with existing Nintendo 3DS owners as well as with consumers who recently purchased the Nintendo 3DS hardware, and are investigating strategies for doing so.

In addition to the titles currently on sale, we have announced the coming release of the titles shown here.

We are even preparing new software for release in 2019 and beyond. Our plan is to continue maintaining this business by taking advantage of new titles like these.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

3DS means life. 

I'm cool with more 3DS support :smile: I'd love a couple of N64 remakes such as Wave Race 64, F-Zero X, 1080 Snowboarding or Pilotwings :grin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nekunando said:

I'm cool with more 3DS support :smile: I'd love a couple of N64 remakes such as Wave Race 64, F-Zero X, 1080 Snowboarding or Pilotwings :grin:

Mine still gets a hell of a lot more use than my Switch. I've been playing Wario Land II on and off all week, thanks to the discount of My Nintendo. I also picked up Mole Mania and the second Dillon game with the discounts, as well.