NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Absolutely gutted :red:

I finally bought the Mario Golf DLC tonight, ever so slightly disappointed that it's still more expensive than its original offer price in 2014. I was happy to get it, though, with the idea that it would bag me enough gold My Nintendo coins to get 50% off the SNES version of Pilotwings.. but apparently DLC doesn't count :hmm:

Ah well.. I bought The Legend of the Mystical Ninja instead while it is on offer, a game I've never played :smile:

So ive been having issues wit charging that I think other people might come across.

Its like my charger just stops working. If you turn it off at the plug though, let the transformer discharge for a 10 seconds or so then turn it back on the its fine! Weird....

Both 7th Dragon and SMT IV are getting a physical release and are out the same day in December.

Sega’s 7th Dragon III Code: VFD and Atlus’ Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalpyse will launch for 3DS in Europe on December 2, publisher Deep Silver announced. Both titles will be available as physical and digital releases, and the former will ship with a bonus art book included.

Looking forward to finally trying 7th Dragon.

I've been toying with picking up a New 3DS XL lately. My launch model has seen better days and I figured it was time to look at possibly upgrading. What the hell is going on with the stock of the thing? You can't get an Orange and Black one anywhere. Same goes for most other models as well.

I was reading on Gaf around the end of November/beginning of December that US customers were having this issue over there. People were going off it as they couldn't buy one, either for themselves or as presents for Christmas. It wasn't until now that I've seen its the same over here.

How the hell can there be these types of stock issues on a device that's been readily available for so long? Do Nintendo just constantly make cock ups in terms of meeting supply of their stuff? Just look at the state of amiibo when they launched and the situation with the NES Classic. I don't see a lack of Xbones or PS4s on the shelf, despite both selling stupidly well during the holiday season.

I'm here, toying with making a purchase, but Nintendo won't let me give them my monies. Baffling stuff.

Yeah I remember Jeff Gerstmann tweeting about wanting to buy a new 3ds and not being able to anywhere about a month ago.

So I am wondering, and this is a bit out of left field, how far you guys are with some of the Steetpass games.

Specifically Streetpass Battle and Streetpass Mansion.

Now I have been to Japan 2 times and currently in Japan, and I got these games when they first game out and have yet to truly finish them. I believe I am on floor 38 with the Mansion game and am still collecting troops to take down the final kingdom in the Battle game. I think I will feel comfortable taking him on when I have three million troops, so I have about 900.000 Miis to go.

For the life of me, talk about value for your money, hahaha

So I am wondering, and this is a bit out of left field, how far you guys are with some of the Steetpass games.

Specifically Streetpass Battle and Streetpass Mansion.

Now I have been to Japan 2 times and currently in Japan, and I got these games when they first game out and have yet to truly finish them. I believe I am on floor 38 with the Mansion game and am still collecting troops to take down the final kingdom in the Battle game. I think I will feel comfortable taking him on when I have three million troops, so I have about 900.000 Miis to go.

For the life of me, talk about value for your money, hahaha

Dude, you are well behind!

Finished both ages ago. I believe it's been 2 years.

I got absolutely everything in Battle, but I'm missing a few Plaza Tickets in Mansion, due to a whole load of RNG.

I've also seen the credits in every game before those, Fishing, Zombies, Slot Racer and Trader (Just did that yesterday).

Only Ninja, Chef and Explorers are left.

Ever since McDonalds stopped hosting relays, my Streetpasses have plummeted. I could go to GAME. But that would mean going to GAME, and I have some standards.

Streetpass Plaza has been a constant source of entertainment and it makes me sad we won't be seeing something like it on Switch.

It's strange why Nintendo are not including Streetpass'ing with the Switch, but if they are keeping the 3DS going for another year or 2, then that could be the reason why for now.

So... I finally got myself a 3DS a few days ago (a Zelda Edition one, to boot), along with Fire Emblem Awakening. It's been a long time coming, I got a big library to play.

Since I bought it second-hand, it didn't come with a box or manual (a physical one, I mean), so I have a question... I get that Street Pass involves detecting random people's 3DSes and allows you to trade information, but what is Spot Pass, then? Does it involve specific places? If so, which? And does it bring different extras from Street Pass?

Also, does the 3DS receiving/transmit information all the time while hibernating, or is there something I need to activate first?

but what is Spot Pass, then? Does it involve specific places? If so, which? And does it bring different extras from Street Pass?

Also, does the 3DS receiving/transmit information all the time while hibernating, or is there something I need to activate first?

spot pass is dead afaik. I haven't had a spot pass for a couple of years now. used to get them in mcdonalds/burgerkings etc. basically it collected the last ten 3ds' details so when you pass a spot pass you get 10 hits. Basically the only way to complete puzzle swap if you don't live in a city (and a super fast way of getting hits if you do live in a city).

if the wifi is activated then yes, it will be capable of receiving/transmitting streetpass/spotpass data while hibernating.

Ok, so I'm looking into setting up a Nintendo Network ID, but I did hear stories about it being super strict with region.

The thing is, I'd like to set my account to Portugal (since it's my country of origin and all), but I'm living in Germany right now. Both countries use Euros, so I shouldn't have much trouble purchasing stuff from the store (I think), but are there any problems that may arise from me living in a different country than the one I want to associate with the ID?

Ok, so I'm looking into setting up a Nintendo Network ID, but I did hear stories about it being super strict with region.

The thing is, I'd like to set my account to Portugal (since it's my country of origin and all), but I'm living in Germany right now. Both countries use Euros, so I shouldn't have much trouble purchasing stuff from the store (I think), but are there any problems that may arise from me living in a different country than the one I want to associate with the ID?

None. I use the U.K. eShop and live in Taiwan. No problems.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

So yeah, this just dropped.

Not gonna lie, it looks really nice.

28th July is the North America date, BTW.

Miitopia is also confirmed for the same date.

WTF?! This announcement is basically Nintendo in a nutshell. Don't think anyone could have predicted this

C-dqUa6U0AEvQi0.jpg

Love it. Love everything about it.

As someone who is still rocking an original 3DS and who doesn't use the 3D function this looks to be the perfect upgrade for me. I've been toying with buying a New 3DS XL for a while now but there's never been any stock anywhere when the urge to upgrade has hit. I'm kinda glad now. :D

That really does look nice

It really does. I love how slick it looks.

It's great to see Nintendo still giving the 3DS the love that it deserves. It has a decent line up of games this year and this will no doubt sell very well, especially in Japan.

Great video on what's coming up for the 3DS family; it'd be a shame if we didn't see something like this as a TV/YouTube advert.

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 2

Metroid: Samus Returns being shown at E3 has absolutely revitalised my 3DS.. as has the process of moving house and having a lot of my consoles boxed up in preparation for the move :grin:

I played through Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D recently and have now resumed my save file into Okamiden. I'm really looking forward to Metroid but I'm delighted to be back playing on the 3DS after feeling that my time with it may have been over :hehe:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nekunando said:

Metroid: Samus Returns being shown at E3 has absolutely revitalised my 3DS.. as has the process of moving house and having a lot of my consoles boxed up in preparation for the move :grin:

I played through Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D recently and have now resumed my save file into Okamiden. I'm really looking forward to Metroid but I'm delighted to be back playing on the 3DS after feeling that my time with it may have been over :hehe:

I'm feeling exactly the same. Mine has been sat, depleted of charge since January and I fired it up yesterday to download the new demos in the eShop. Miitopia is an absolute blast and a fantastic semi-sequel to the excellent Tomodachi Life! Will definitely be picking that up day one. The demo is great, lots of content, I got two hours' playtime out of it and now have a save file ready to start the full game proper. Hey Pikmin's demo is pretty good too, I wasn't going to pick that up, but the game works in 2D and it's more fun than I expected, will consider it. Gonna give Ever Oasis a blast today, and obviously will be picking up Metroid on release. For a console that I thought was dead, Nintendo have done a fantastic job of breathing life back into it, I've even considered going back and finishing a few games I hadn't quite managed to beat, including Link Between Worlds. The 3DS is a magnificent gaming machine, with one of the best game libraries in Nintendo's history. It more than deserves a final chance to shine. 

If anybody has their New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition to hand, can you have a look to see if the sides of the faceplate/rearplate have cracked really bad?  Just took mine out of it's storage place to look at it and it looks terrible.  Those faceplates have never even been out of the house.  I bought some cheap plates to make sure the originals were kept in nice condition so I'm a bit annoyed.

13 hours ago, V. Amoleo said:

If anybody has their New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition to hand, can you have a look to see if the sides of the faceplate/rearplate have cracked really bad?  Just took mine out of it's storage place to look at it and it looks terrible.  Those faceplates have never even been out of the house.  I bought some cheap plates to make sure the originals were kept in nice condition so I'm a bit annoyed.

Just took a look at mine that I use to this day and is always in the charger and the plates are still in perfect condition. 

• Like 1