NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Still playing what? The 3DS in general?

If it is the 3DS in general, I'd have to say that I'm not playing mine at the moment :hmm:

I would have liked a New 3DS to help reignite my interest but a combination of replaying Starfox Adventures and entering the world of Xenoblade Chronicles halted my Majora's Mask 3D progress. I'm likely to return after I finish my current endeavour but after that, the 3DS is probably just about finished for me.

An amazing deal would tempt me to a New 3DS but attention is turning to whatever Nintendo unveil next!

I went through a phase of not being able to stop playing 3D Streets of Rage 2, but haven't turned on the machine for a while. More 3D Classics would keep me playing, especially Streets of Rage 3 (Bare Knuckle III), and I hope we do actually get Risky's Revenge: Director's Cut. Other than that, I can't see myself playing much more on the 3DS.

I haven't touched my 3ds for a long time actually. Well, much. I have lots of games to play, and excited about Zelda and fire emblem (and PLEASE rhythm heaven). Wii u is just taking my limited time currently. It with me not having too much for the rest of the year (Zelda, battlefront, Mario tennis) hopefully I can do some serious catching up.

Still playing what? The 3DS in general?

Yep in general. I remember you were playing Luigis Mansion online, still on it?

(And Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing?)

Out of convenience I play my 3DS more than the Wii U. It's nice to wind down before going to sleep with an exhilarating hunt on MH4. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D takes up my time, too. Wii U gets used, generally, for local co-op games with family.

Yep in general. I remember you were playing Luigis Mansion online, still on it?

(And Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing?)

Like I mentioned, not recently - but Splatoon and Mario Maker be thanked for that. But yeah definitely (except Pokemon)

I use my 3DS tons!

I still boot up Pokemon ORAS now and again. I've got a lot of Pokemon I want to train.

Shovel Knight got a bit of revival thanks to Plague of Shadows.

And I don't forget I can go more than a few days without dipping into Theatrhythm.

I also may have started Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity again to get me hyped up for when I hopefully get Etrian Mystery Dungeon on Thursday.

WiiU generally gets turned on when I feel creative and want to make levels on Mario Maker.

But I definitely use my 3DS more. Helps that I absolutely despise Splatoon.

I do play my 3DS a lot less these days, but it's really because it's going through its twilight phase now. It's that weird, awkward time where not much is coming out and you feel less enthusiastic about the good games that are still coming out for it, even though you would normally be more excited for them.

The platform lacks a buzz around it right now as all eyes turn to its not-too-far-off successor...

... Speaking of which!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1117781

ImsSL9m.jpg

Nintendo Selects just got announced for 3DS! You know when you're coming to the end of a Nintendo console/handheld's lifecycle when Player's Choice/Nintendo Selects gets started (strange that the initial set includes ALBW and not OoT 3D BTW :heh: )

Edited by Dcubed

My Japanese 3DS gets the most use these days. Stupid thing is there are plenty of titles that could have been released this year but they haven't been bothered to localise them.

(strange that the initial set includes ALBW and not OoT 3D BTW :heh: )

Strange, it's almost like they chose the one 3DS Zelda game I don't actually own.

But how would they know that unless... they spied on me!

tumblr_n08317mzWO1tr2c16o1_500.gif

I'm telling you guys, they know everything about me!

Seriously though, if the downloadable versions get cheaper as well, I may jump on that.

I'm actually using my 3DS quite a bit these days thanks to Project Mirai DX. :) But yeah, it's been an incredibly barren year for the 3DS. :zzz:

Still really glad I managed to resist the New 3DS, cannot believe just how little exclusive content that thing got. :hmm:

Still really glad I managed to resist the New 3DS, cannot believe just how little exclusive content that thing got. :hmm:

One exclusive game, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D... which I bought... and then went and purchased the digital version of the Wii game on the Wii U so that I could finish my original file which I started years ago. :blank:

I don't understand my purchase decisions either sometimes, but it's nice to know I have a portable version of it for if I ever choose to take it with me and be forced to listen to English voice acting only, even if it is very good it's still alien to me after playing over fifty hours with the Japanese voices but I suppose at least now I know what they are all saying in battle. :heh:

But erm yeah... as for the New 3DS XL itself, well... I use miiverse a lot for getting my screens of 3DS games into my reviews so it has at least proved invaluable for that, definitely for the MH4U review. :D

but I suppose at least now I know what they are all saying in battle. :heh:
That hard part will be trying to forget. :laughing:

In a couple of days I'll be the coolest dog on the block though....

no-41-new-3ds-xl-faceplate-k-slider.png

I still use my 3DS all the time, and there's still plenty of games I'm looking forward to, mainly Japanese stuff that's finally been localised. I'm also really glad I upgraded to the new model 3DS. I'd already been thinking of replacing my original 3DS as the battery life was deteriorating, and it's much better on the new model, as is the 3D which I hardly ever used before as I found it really uncomfortable. Things like the file transfer system and built in nfc are also handy, and I love the cover plates as I was always frustrated by missing out on limited designs before. I've got the KK plate on order, as well as the one with multiple animal crossing characters on.

My old 3DS was being used for streetpassing, but I noticed the battery getting significantly worse and then started to swell. Been waiting nearly 2 months now for the official replacement battery I ordered from Nintendo so very glad it wasn't my main system as I've probably lost my data on it. So for anyone still on an original 3DS, if you're having battery issues, get a replacement sooner rather than later!

Uh-Oh! Someone opened the Reyn door!

zlCfzS2-TVMxEisHVO

Not that you'd ever want to...

British Reyn is truly the best side character to listen to in the history of RPG's.

Yeah, I can picture myself maining a 3DS. I also missed out on the DS gen, so I'm looking to also pick games like: Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Chrono trigger, FF4 - plus VC Zelda games (Oracles and Minish Cap) .:heart: Its going to be a blast over the winter.

Originally was looking at getting a PS4 but these days Im just daunted by the scale of the games and how much time and effort must be put into them versus handheld.

My Japanese 3DS gets the most use these days. Stupid thing is there are plenty of titles that could have been released this year but they haven't been bothered to localise them.

TBH, outside of the Dragon Quest games, the 3DS has had an exceptionally good localisation record. Almost nothing of significance actually ended up being left behind (I'm assuming that Rhythm Heaven 3DS, Band Bros P, Monster Hunter X, Monster Hunter Stories and the remaining Yokai Watch & LBX games will end up coming out either next year or shortly afterwards). Again, outside of anything DQ related, it's pretty much just EX Troopers, Gaist Crusher, Hero Bank and The Great Ace Attorney as the major games that ended up failing to cross the pond (oh and the Puyo Puyo games as less major titles of course :( ).

Who would ever want to!? Reyn's voice overs were hilarious and brilliant :laughing: (actually, all of the English voices were exceptionally brilliant. I'd never choose the JPN voices over them!)

Not that you'd ever want to...

British Reyn is truly the best side character to listen to in the history of RPG's.

Who would ever want to!? Reyn's voice overs were hilarious and brilliant :laughing: (actually, all of the English voices were exceptionally brilliant. I'd never choose the JPN voices over them!)
Hehehe! Yeah, we're never going to agree on this one. :hehe:

This may have been asked/answered before (I have seriously awful memory

:hmm:) but is it known if the JPN voice option will feature in the Euro version of Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Hehehe! Yeah, we're never going to agree on this one. :hehe:

This may have been asked/answered before (I have seriously awful memory

:hmm:) but is it known if the JPN voice option will feature in the Euro version of Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Oh neat! I can add that to my list of "Things N-Europer's don't agree with me on"

You're right next to Serebii and his baffling hatred for Grumpig.

As for your question, I don't think there's been any confirmation on that.

I don't see why it wouldn't happen though. 3D only dropped it because there wasn't enough space, there's more than enough in X for dual-language options.

I also just heard something about there being some British voices in X, would be cool if that was true. Considering that one of the customisable main character's voices in the Japanese version was Japanese Shulk.

Not sure if this is well known or not, but it was news to me. It seems that the 3DS has a new way of accessing Miiverse! :o

Earlier on today when I went to post some of my Animal Crossing Happy Homes, I noticed how it jumped right from the game to composing a Miiverse post, bypassing the Miiverse intro. I also noticed how fast it was, which was very fast, much quicker than the last time I used Miiverse on 3DS.

Anyway, I didn't think much more of it until just now when I decided to check out my Activity Log and saw that there were 2 new applications instead of 1 (was only expecting AC:HHD to appear). The second one was this:

oU3ke1T.jpg

Post to Miiverse!?

Anyone else come across this before? Wonder if it was part of the latest System Update, or if it was added by playing AC:HHD... :wtf:

Either way, it makes using Miiverse on the standard 3DS/XL a much nicer experience! icon14.gif

Intriguing...

I can confirm that this doesn't work with Pokemon Omega Ruby at least. Just tried it. Should also point out that I use a New 3DS which gets to Miiverse way faster, so it might just be for the oldies as well.

This warrants further investigation. Someone with an old 3DS should try this with an older game. See if that works.

It seems to be just for AC:HHD (and future games?) so far.

Edited by Glen-i

There's a some kind of campaign going on at Shin Megami Tensei IV's Official page

Looks like they are teasing a new game. Dengeki Nintendo also retweeted this, so there'a a change it's Nintendo-related, probably 3DS as SMT IV is for the console.