NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Anyone receive the free skullkid ? For ambassador plus registering zeldas pin code?

Not heard anything yet. I remember reading when I registered, that they would send an email once they have "heard" from Club Nintendo that it was registered.

Anyone else hearing audio distortion with the new 3DS, with Majoras Mask? It gets especially bad when the enemy tune plays...

And though I have a new found love for this console, shouldn't this have been the original 3DS? I mean compared to this, the original 3DS' 3D is a mess - how could they have released it as it wad?

Anyone else hearing audio distortion with the new 3DS, with Majoras Mask? It gets especially bad when the enemy tune plays...

And though I have a new found love for this console, shouldn't this have been the original 3DS? I mean compared to this, the original 3DS' 3D is a mess - how could they have released it as it wad?

The technology to do the 3D as the N3DS wasn't available as an affordable commercial product in 2011.

Noticed IGN have said that the maximum microSD card the New 3DS can use is 32Gb - is this correct? I've just bought a 64Gb which may need to be sent back.

No, that's not true. That's only the officially supported size from Nintendo. If you format it FAT32 it will work fine.

The 3D on my New 3DS XL is quality and agree it would have been great if it was there from the beginning!

I popped into GAME for 5 minutes this afternoon to check out the New 3DS in the flesh :smile:

Unfortunately, it wasn't charged but I did get to hold it in my hands. I liked the Yoshi face plate that was on it and the SNES buttons, of course, but that C-Stick is possibly the strangest thing I've ever felt :eek:

I obviously didn't get to test it with a game but I expected to feel at least some movement from it.. but it was completely static. I'm now even more intrigued to see the thing in action!

Noticed IGN have said that the maximum microSD card the New 3DS can use is 32Gb - is this correct? I've just bought a 64Gb which may need to be sent back.

Nobody's did. As Club Nintendo is being replaced, there is no way to receive C.N. points from your new handheld. Bummer, huh!

I got a Club Nintendo code with my MM New3DS XL.

What did it register as in Club Nintendo? Just Majora's Mask 3D?

Its just the game the stars points are for unfortunately, i got it too could have done with the stars for a console as i'm going to wast a 1000 now

For just the game though, not the console, right. The game codes are being produced until April IIRC.

I thought digital purchase register stars automatically. Just seen my club Nintendo account and have a whole heap of digital downloads awaiting stars.

No way I am completing all those surveys.

Ah right. I haven't registered it yet. I thought the digital ones were done automatically too.

Can anyone upgrading from an old XL to the regular New 3DS compare left analog sticks for me please? My old XL is so smooth to use whereas the new 3DS feels stiff and tough to control.

Anyone else?

Can anyone upgrading from an old XL to the regular New 3DS compare left analog sticks for me please? My old XL is so smooth to use whereas the new 3DS feels stiff and tough to control.

Anyone else?

The difference is the opposite for me, my old XL Circle Pad was starting to seriously wear out but both the New 3DS and New 3DS XL feel infinitely better to control, in fact it wasn't until going back to check my old XL right now that I realised just how bad mine had got. :shakehead

The difference is the opposite for me, my old XL Circle Pad was starting to seriously wear out but both the New 3DS and New 3DS XL feel infinitely better to control, in fact it wasn't until going back to check my old XL right now that I realised just how bad mine had got. :shakehead

I'm gutted, my old XL circle pad feels so smooth comparef to the new one. Not sure if I have a dud or not. Maybe it'll loosen with time

N-Europe 'new' Nintendo 3DS XL

Image Gallery

content-4-34247-new3dsxltitle.jpg

: peace:

Credit to Lawrence J Gittins for loan of the camera.

Was the camera from 1997?? [/tongueincheek]

So how are people who got the new 3ds (be it normal or XL) finding them?!

Be interesting to get some impressions!

So how are people who got the new 3ds (be it normal or XL) finding them?!

Be interesting to get some impressions!

The 3D feature works much better than on the original (it's actually usable now; I won't just turn it off automatically).

The C-stick is pretty crappy, it doesn't move whatsoever and doesn't really feel good to use. Think of those rubber nubs in the middle of some laptop keyboards.

System is snappier than the old one but generally I play a game most of the time so I'm not in the menu that much anyway.

The 3d is superb, always works perfectly

The ZL/ZR buttons are actually okay and don't get in the way, i originally thought they'd be useless and or difficult to use but they aren't

The C stick like Sheikah says is a bit odd, it is rigid it doesn't move visibly, but it does work in game well and despite looking oddly positioned it works well where it is

The new card slot ergonomically spoils the rounded edge on the XL, but it is a needed relocation

The headphone socket relocation makes the most sense

same with the wrist strap relocation

The new button layouts in general work very well

speed wise of the processor? things do seem noticeably faster, but as with Sheikah I'm in game its hard to notice

I'm so glad I moved back down to the regular new 3DS, the smaller screen makes the visuals look so much better than the XL. Same resolution, but so much sharper.

Overall loving the new 3DS, really nice design too, opens/closes and just generally feels much better.

I actually like the c-stick, it responds to pressure rather than physically being moved, and I think that works fine.