NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I've just ordered a console from Nintendo as it is cheaper and comes with more stuff. To anyone that's received theirs, does it come in the same box as the Amazon one? As I plan on sending Nintendo's one to Amazon for the refund as mine has arrived already :p

Edit: MM 3DSXL that is :) Does Nintendo's come in retail packaging and the skullkid seperate basically?

Anyone here get the Ambassador new 3ds a few weeks ago ?

Have you been able to successfully claim the free skull kid statue by registering a majoras mask pin code on club Nintendo ?

I have tried this but I get no option to claim the statue ?

Hmm I think the hinge having a bit of 'give' to it was the same on the original XL model, however my MM New 3DS XL arrived today and not only does it have the normal movement on the hinge but it also moves slightly to the left and right as well... did yours have this as well?

It's only when significantly tilting the unit far left or right, probably more than would be used in game so it's not a huge deal but I just wondered if it was a thing with all of them or just mine, if it's just mine then I may consider going with the Monster Hunter one instead if it has a sturdier hinge... but the gold, is so shiny. :blank:

Also noticed before I turned it on that there is - again as this happened with my XL unit - a very small, minute defect in the screen, as in barely noticeable, it's nothing like what I had with the XL as this isn't visible when I turn the machine on so it's not a dead pixel and won't ruin my enjoyment of the system as it did with the XL but still, just small things. :heh:

The actual system itself is magnificent! :)

Same here, the give back and forth is similar, but not quite as bad as it was on the original 3DS (not XL). However, I was a little worried about the lateral movement, but you have to force that to happen by pushing it, otherwise it's solid.

Anyone here get the Ambassador new 3ds a few weeks ago ?

Have you been able to successfully claim the free skull kid statue by registering a majoras mask pin code on club Nintendo ?

I have tried this but I get no option to claim the statue ?

When did you redeem the code? Sometimes it will take time before they inform you that you can claim your statue, the game only officially came out today, I'd wait on getting an e-mail from them. :)

It's not a question I can answer because although I have an Ambassador Edition New 3DS, it was @Aneres11 who kindly purchased it for me via his Club Nintendo account after I paid him the money via PayPal so any offer regarding the statue would be for him. Incidentally if you wanted the Skull Kid Statue Aneres and have received the e-mail then by all means go for it, all you need to do is buy Majora's Mask from the Nintendo store. : peace:

Did you receive the e-mail about it after you were picked to buy the Ambassador Edition? Or did you buy one off someone else the same as me? If so then that's probably why, I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure Nintendo will make sure you get one; anyway they technically already have haven't they? You stated that you received two Skull Kid statues but no console, so either the console is still in transit separately or they didn't send it and will surely ship it to you following you getting into contact with them, then all is well and you might still end up with an extra statue after that. :D

Same here, the give back and forth is similar, but not quite as bad as it was on the original 3DS (not XL). However, I was a little worried about the lateral movement, but you have to force that to happen by pushing it, otherwise it's solid.

So the hinge on yours moves left and right slightly too?

There has been some discussion about this on Reddit as well. Appears to be normal.

I've not opened my XL yet but I will do later and report back.

Anyone gone from the 3DS XL to New 3DS XL (A #5 from above :p) tell me whether they fit in an average sized 3DS XL case?

I just bought one from America so too late to go back now, but meh :3

The Majora's Mask case that came with mine said it fits all of them, even the doorstop piece of shit that is the 2DS.

DPD chap became a bit of a dick, he showed up in the time slot i was advised. But as it happened once or twice before, he just sat in the van for a while then came out with a slip to put into my door. Managed to intercept just as the slip landed on the mat, got the chap to get the parcel out of the van (guess he couldn't be bothered). Of course, i've complained to DPD who couldn't say sorry enough.

Anywho, just charging it up before i transfer my stuff over.

1423846588847-1311499632_zpsfoi4fkli.jpg

Both my Japanese and Aus models do this. So does my Ambassador I think, but it's slightly less noticeable.

I've never noticeable felt the screen move left to right while playing though.

It's probably a deliberate design choice to prevent too much stress on the hinges so they don't crack.

I've just transfered my system over, but will do the Micro SD card shizzle tomorrow. I've had to order one from Tesco, it was either that or take the one out my phone and buy a new one for that. But twice the transfer for the sake of waiting 24-ish hours wasn't worth it.

Put the 16gb MicroSD card in, after the transfer found it only had 4,500 blocks left. Wondering how in the heck that happened, turned out i forgot to format the card of the old data :-(

Both my Japanese and Aus models do this. So does my Ambassador I think, but it's slightly less noticeable.

I've never noticeable felt the screen move left to right while playing though.

It's probably a deliberate design choice to prevent too much stress on the hinges so they don't crack.

Same here, there is a very slight movement left and right, but not while playing, you have to completely upend it or push it across to see the movement.

New Nintendo 3DS XL - New is Good: Enhanced Processing Power

What a brutal ad. People get paid for this? Give me a ring Nintendo when you want a good ad. :indeed:

Managed to resist yesterday's launch, but still desperate to get my hands on one. Woe is me. Maybe today is the day I cave. I've actually already purchased cover plates, just not the system, haha.

I know, I'll watch a bunch of New 3DS videos to sate my need. A flawless plan.

Buy a New 3DS from Argos and you'll get two free games and a £10 voucher - got a metallic blue today and sf4 + DOA.. Which is on its way for a trade for MM. Good Saturday.

Dananananana-NAH!

temporary_zps66aa7cd7.jpg?t=1423824814

Edited by King_V

Nicely done @King_V :) I'm surprised Argos still had stock of those two games as I'm sure they both came out around the launch of the machine, DOA is a good fighter but I honestly can't remember the last time I played it; good trade-in for both the games though? : peace:

Is anyone conditioning their New 3DS battery?

I've heard there are various ways to do this but I always went with discharging what's in the battery out of the box, doing a full charge, running it down completely, then doing another full charge and then just plugging in the charger whenever required.

I could be wrong though, it might not even be necessary, I was just curious as to what peoples thoughts on the matter were given that battery life for all 3DS units has always been something of a sticking point.

Mine took around 3 and a half maybe 4 hours to do a full charge last night.

Nicely done @King_V :) I'm surprised Argos still had stock of those two games as I'm sure they both came out around the launch of the machine, DOA is a good fighter but I honestly can't remember the last time I played it; good trade-in for both the games though? : peace:

Is anyone conditioning their New 3DS battery?

I've heard there are various ways to do this but I always went with discharging what's in the battery out of the box, doing a full charge, running it down completely, then doing another full charge and then just plugging in the charger whenever required.

I could be wrong though, it might not even be necessary, I was just curious as to what peoples thoughts on the matter were given that battery life for all 3DS units has always been something of a sticking point.

Mine took around 3 and a half maybe 4 hours to do a full charge last night.

Thank you sir! Today is one of those memorable 'Zelda release' days that won't be forgotten. :D

The trade-in at Game was poor tbh lol - about £6.50 for both. But i already have SF4 and not to keen on DOA type fighters, so got my MM for £33 and a charger. Happy days! : peace:

Thanks for the big-up. :)

Has anyone noticed the eshop has the shop theme from the Zelda games

Yep, so naturally, I downloaded Monster Hunter.

Sorry Zelda, but new game trumps remake in my eyes. I'll have to wait a bit more for MM.

Wow, super stable 3D is literally that on the New 3DS. As soon as it detects my face, 3D is perfect. I can now finally play the 3DS in 3D properly after all these years of questionable concern.

Anyway to register the New 3DS for goodies? Mine didn't have that red voucher.

Has anyone noticed the eshop has the shop theme from the Zelda games

I love it! :D

oops accidently ordered and received a new blue xl with charger . does anyone want it for a bargain price of £160 + shipping before I send it back ?

Anyway to register the New 3DS for goodies? Mine didn't have that red voucher.

Nobody's did. As Club Nintendo is being replaced, there is no way to receive C.N. points from your new handheld. Bummer, huh!

Nobody's did. As Club Nintendo is being replaced, there is no way to receive C.N. points from your new handheld. Bummer, huh!

Ahhh, they should have had something temp for the new 3DS

Yes very harsh , they could have had expiring soon points cards on March 31 like in monster hunter and zelda.

Anyone receive the free skullkid ? For ambassador plus registering zeldas pin code?

Caved in. Black system. Had £40 of GAME credit, so at least it worked out a bit cheaper.