NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

It's interesting that the Japanese copy of Smash also includes English language but you simply can't play the game in English on a Japanese system because the system language can't be changed into English and vice versa on European consoles.

Yes... I may buy that one!

Still think 10.99 is crazy expensive though.

On par with the 1500 Yen Japan charges though

This Kirby faceplate is amazing.

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-058-kirby-396487.2.jpg

Where can I buy that?

Which UK stores are selling them cause can't find anything on Amazon.

Where can I buy that?

Which UK stores are selling them cause can't find anything on Amazon.

Play asia and probably most other import sites since it's a Japanese faceplate. It might get released over here eventually.

Play asia and probably most other import sites since it's a Japanese faceplate. It might get released over here eventually.

We will. It was in the Direct as one of the ones we'll get after launch

We will. It was in the Direct as one of the ones we'll get after launch

Ah, cool. I missed that part of the Direct.

On par with the 1500 Yen Japan charges though

I don't care about exchange rates and comparisons. I just feel 10.99 is expensive for these things. £5.99 and Id impulse buy the shit out of these things. Same with the themes on the 3ds, too expensive for what they are, and stop me buying more than I would if they were under a quid.

I genuinely think Nintendo over price most things and would sell much more if they didn't. I feel the same with virtual console games too. A fraction over priced.

Edited by dazzybee

I don't care about exchange rates and comparisons. I just feel 10.99 is expensive for these thing. £5.99 and Id impulse by the shit out of these things. Same with the themes on the 3ds, too expensive for what they are, and stop me. Using more than I woukd if they were under a quid.

I genuinely think Nintendo over price most things and would sell much more if they didn't. I feel the same with virtual console games too. A fraction over priced.

To be fair, most 'official' device covers tend to exceed the £10 mark. Third party stuff are usually below, so I guess they are just being competitive.

I think I may cancel my New 3DS order. I probably should be saving money and I'm only buying it to have a camera in Majora's Mask.

I think I may cancel my New 3DS order. I probably should be saving money and I'm only buying it to have a camera in Majora's Mask.

Ha! I was thinking the same man. I've probably owned about 4 3DS' and sold shortly after wondering why Im wasting time with the respective Pokemon games.

Sad fact I realised today is that I've played MM possibly at least 5 times, I know it like the palm of my hand - I'll probably finish it in a good week... and that'll be like £200 gone after a pricey Christmas.

I would have felt so differently if it was a HD remake with bigger changes.

Ordered and cancelled like, four times on the Nintendo store in the last few days. Can't go through with the purchase right now - need to straighten my finances out in the next few months and also try and somehow organise a trip back to Japan in May. Gonna be tight, but the New 3DS will still be there for me to buy in six months or whenever. Really helps the only exclusive so far looks awful.

Plus, you know, amiibo are coming fast and furious these days. I'd rather keep up with those than slightly upgrade a system I already own.

Edited by Guy
Always edit all posts

I preordered a New 3DS/Majora's Mask bundle from the Nintendo Store, then cancelled it to do it again with TopCashback. However, I used the code for the free calendar, so when I cancelled, it didn't cancel the free calendar. Today - two calendars have turned up - I haven't been charged a penny - could I even cancel my remaining pre-order and end up with two calendars for free? Have sent a message to the Nintendo store to make sure I don't get charged £194.99 for my cancelled order just because they sent me the calendar! I don't mind sending one calendar back if they want it back, but I guess it's a win if I get to keep it!

Bit silly of them to send these out when I haven't paid them anything!

Nintendo's New 3DS XL: The Tough Questions - NVC Podcast

Good discussion. Raises a lot of the issues I have as well.

Their whinging about no AC adapter was stupid. The majority of sales will be from people who already have a DS or 3DS, and can just use their old one. I'd rather they leave it out instead of adding an extra 10 quid for something most people don't need. If the 3DS is your very first handheld since the Gameboy, an extra 10 quid sale isn't that big a deal.

Their whinging about no AC adapter was stupid. The majority of sales will be from people who already have a DS or 3DS, and can just use their old one. I'd rather they leave it out instead of adding an extra 10 quid for something most people don't need. If the 3DS is your very first handheld since the Gameboy, an extra 10 quid sale isn't that big a deal.

Their issue is a valid one though. As mentioned, they can't trade their old models in without an adaptor so they are gonna have to buy one anyway.

I listened to it on the way to work this morning. It was a great episode, as usual, but I don't get why they couldn't make the show longer and discuss everything that happened during the Direct. Radio Free Nintendo put out an episode this week that's nearly 3 hours long due to all the news that hit. I look forward to listening to it as I think they will be going off it over a bunch of stuff. :D

Their issue is a valid one though. As mentioned, they can't trade their old models in without an adaptor so they are gonna have to buy one anyway.

I listened to it on the way to work this morning. It was a great episode, as usual, but I don't get why they couldn't make the show longer and discuss everything that happened during the Direct. Radio Free Nintendo put out an episode this week that's nearly 3 hours long due to all the news that hit. I look forward to listening to it as I think they will be going off it over a bunch of stuff. :D

What's radio free nintendo like? I like IGN's and enjoy nintendo chatter!!

I think the minority who trade in or never had a DS or 3DS having to spend an extra £10 is better than the overall price of the New 3DS rising by £10 for everyone.

Awesome. Myself and @Goron_3 love the guys on the show. James is hilarious, although he can be an aquired taste. They love Nintendo but aren't afraid to call them out on stuff. Very unbiased and very fun.

After trying many Nintendo podcasts, the IGN one with Jose, and Brian is cool, and the Radio Free Nintendo ones are the only ones I listen to now. RFN features 4 regulars, the presenter Johnny has his head screwed on and is a dab hand at controlling the segments, Guillame could be seen as slightly boring, but adds variety, it's John and James that add laughs (old friends who take the piss out of each other). However, it took me a few episodes to get used to James Jones as he is a marmite kind of guy, but will grow on you (just give him time). Well worth a listen (if long).

I watched the two recent Game Scoops from IGN and Greg not being there has left a big hole.

We should make our own podcast! I'll be the cynical guy in the corner who doesn't really know what you're all on about and constantly says sarcastic things like "so this one has voice chat, right?"

The calendar I ordered with my 3DS still hasn't shown up. The system itself better not take this long come Feb 13....

After trying many Nintendo podcasts, the IGN one with Jose, and Brian is cool, and the Radio Free Nintendo ones are the only ones I listen to now. RFN features 4 regulars, the presenter Johnny has his head screwed on and is a dab hand at controlling the segments, Guillame could be seen as slightly boring, but adds variety, it's John and James that add laughs (old friends who take the piss out of each other). However, it took me a few episodes to get used to James Jones as he is a marmite kind of guy, but will grow on you (just give him time). Well worth a listen (if long).

I didn't realise you listened to them as well. Good stuff.

I love James. His rants are hilarious, especially when him and John start arguing. I totally agree about Guillame. Does that guy ever play any big games? Seems all he plays are eShop titles and most of them turn out to be garbage.

It's the best podcast I've ever listened to when it comes to gaming. They really love Nintendo but it never blinds them. They are very intelligent too and make so great points that the mainstream media often overlook or miss.

Jonathan (the host) is fantastic..one of the best podcast hosts I can recall.