NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Argh, I shouldn't be buying any New 3DS XL even though I said I'd get the Majora's Mask one. Now I'm torn between the New XL black + MM Special Edition + case + Skull Kid for £225 or just sticking with the regular size New 3DS.

If the MM 3DS XL was purple or dark green I may have been tempted but the gold looks a little wrong with the mask

Well I got a rush of blood to the head and I've gone and placed a pre-order for the MM Edition New 3DS XL.

Bit disappointed by the range of faceplates we're getting first up but oh well, at least we're getting them!

Ordered the Majora's Mask special edition, but now it's got me concerned, with it being pre-installed software, how does that work if I'm planning to transfer data over from my current 3ds?

Ordered the Majora's Mask special edition, but now it's got me concerned, with it being pre-installed software, how does that work if I'm planning to transfer data over from my current 3ds?

System transfer will remove the pre-installed game, but you can then redownload it from the eShop as it will be in your "past downloads" list.

After much debate I've decided I'm gonna stick with my current beaten up old XL system a little longer and pick up a regular New system a bit later. Next month is already expensive for gaming with two new games and of course more amiibo sneaking up on us.

Let's see how long I last once I start seeing the New models in the wild, ha.

One thing I will do is start grabbing any cover plates that take my fancy incase they're no longer on sale when I do pick a New 3DS system up.

Edited by Guy

I too am somewhat caught in the hype and will probably trade in my XL (only a year old) for a new system... But which one? The faceplates have tempted me despite knowing they're effectively useless... And I'm so used my nice big screen. Is the new 3DS screen same size as current 2DS? Couldn't bear to go back to that. Im quite short sighted so like having as much screen as I can.

Maybe I'm answering my own dilemma.

I too am somewhat caught in the hype and will probably trade in my XL (only a year old) for a new system... But which one? The faceplates have tempted me despite knowing they're effectively useless... And I'm so used my nice big screen. Is the new 3DS screen same size as current 2DS? Couldn't bear to go back to that. Im quite short sighted so like having as much screen as I can.

I've been using the Ambassador Edition New 3DS for a few days now and I can safely say that you will notice the screen size difference coming down from an XL even if this feeling settles a bit within a few play sessions, it's still noticeable.

Honestly I had really hoped that I would be able to use the regular sized New 3DS for a long time, the allure of those larger screens has just proved too much though so I ordered the Monster Hunter XL on the Nintendo store before it sold out, I would have gone for the Majora's Mask XL but alas it's just not to be, unless there's a second wave or promotion, either way I'm happy though as it is. : peace:

the screen size is bigger then the old regular 3DS dude.

the screen size is bigger then the old regular 3DS dude.

Only slightly when you consider the screen size of the New 3DS XL also going from a 3DS XL to a New 3DS is a noticeable compromise in screen size.

Still, it's a great machine though, so much more comfortable to hold than the XL but hopefully the New 3DS XL will still be comfortable to hold due to the new aesthetics. : peace:

I couldn't justify buying a standard New 3DS. I would be paying £150 (plus the cost of MM) for a faster system and a c-stick I might never use.

However I've been impressed by the screen size on an XL for a long time and considered the upgrade in the past, this is the perfect time for me to jump in.

I do absolutely <3 adore the white New 3DS with the SNES buttons though.

The estimated dispatch date for the free charger bundled with my New 3DS is 24/02. Glad I've got a spare, or that 10 days might've been quite annoying!

This is where nintendo are staggeringly annoying with their "Eco system". We should be able to have our accounts on two devices, have all our games on both machines, saves in the cloud. Then I reckon quite a few people would buy the big and small ones and use them both. I probably would.

This is where nintendo are staggeringly annoying with their "Eco system". We should be able to have our accounts on two devices, have all our games on both machines, saves in the cloud. Then I reckon quite a few people would buy the big and small ones and use them both. I probably would.

Yep. I would get that Zelda n3ds XL if I could share my games on both machines. It's mind boggling that we cannot do this in 2015.

After playing some of the Monster Hunter 4 demo, bring on the New 3DS and that C-Stick. It will be so much easier to use. Went for the New XL myself, tried a standard New 3DS last weekend and couldn't see myself using it due to the smaller screen/couldn't get used to it again.

System transfer will remove the pre-installed game, but you can then redownload it from the eShop as it will be in your "past downloads" list.

Do I have to log on to the new system with my user ID first? Probably much simpler than I'm making it out to be in my head.

This is exactly what has got me in a pickle.

I would love the MH limited edition machine. My nephew says playing MH on the XL is much better in terms of comfort than the original machine. At the same time though I want the white model with the SNES buttons. Could I have used my accounts on both machines I would have just bought both. At this point I haven't a clue which to go for.

Nintendo and there silly eco system literally stops people from spending money on multiple machines.

I want the Zelda XL but I also love my smaller N3DS and i don't want to give that up.

Why does nintendo have to make it so difficult for people.

So annoying.

Do I have to log on to the new system with my user ID first? Probably much simpler than I'm making it out to be in my head.

You can't, your NNID is only useable on 1 3DS at a time, so the old model must be transferred to the new system first, then after the transfer is complete, it will be possible to go into the eShop and redownload the game.

Awesome stuff. :awesome:

Hopefully this will remain functional or get updated regularly so I can import that new Rhythm Tengoku game (if it doesn't get localised). ;)

We can only hope!

Though we all know Nintendo will probably be quick to lock it down again, kudos to Smealum for working on this for so long and not releasing it until there was a way that couldn't lead to piracy!

Edited by Debug Mode

We can only hope!

Though we all know Nintendo will probably be quick to lock it down again, kudos to Smealum for working on this for so long and not releasing it until there was a way that couldn't lead to piracy!

The best way for Nintendo to respond is by releasing an official patch that breaks the region lock. They won't Though!

This does not work on the N3DS right.

The best way for Nintendo to respond is by releasing an official patch that breaks the region lock. They won't Though!

This does not work on the N3DS right.

The New Nintendo 3DS isn't supported. So, all I can say to those that are adopting one next month, keep your current one as it is and don't update it ;)