NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Hmm so I've been trying to transfer across from my normal sized 32GB SD card to my new micro SD card, moved everything across to the desktop as usual, moved it to the new card completely unchanged, it was going well until it sad that a certain app file couldn't be copied totalling 1.74GB... is this normal? :confused:

Perhaps it's a downloadable game I thought? Do those not transfer between SD cards? The notable larger titles I have would be DKCR:3D and SMTIV but nothing on the downloadable retail title side apart from those... oh and Kirby of course.

Was just curious, trying it again from scratch now to see if it was a one-off but it would be nice to know if there's something I'm doing wrong, this was supposed to be a simple process. :indeed:

No, it's not normal. Check what format your Micro SD card is? It needs to be FAT32.

Do you not get any more info on why it can't be transferred?

No, it's not normal. Check what format your Micro SD card is? It needs to be FAT32.

Do you not get any more info on why it can't be transferred?

Ah OK... I definitely confirmed that it was Fat 32 before I started it, come to think of it the USB SD card adapter might have come lose briefly during the transfer so I guess I'll just put it down to that and hope that it will be fine since I started the transfer over again from a fresh set of files from the original SD card, if it does it again though I'll just reformat the new card again and go from there.

Just wanted to check that it wasn't come kind of anomaly. :)

Interestingly I have only used 9.27GB of my current 32GB card so I think sticking with 32GB for micro SD will be fine for a while. :D

Hmm so I've been trying to transfer across from my normal sized 32GB SD card to my new micro SD card, moved everything across to the desktop as usual, moved it to the new card completely unchanged, it was going well until it sad that a certain app file couldn't be copied totalling 1.74GB... is this normal? :confused:

Perhaps it's a downloadable game I thought? Do those not transfer between SD cards? The notable larger titles I have would be DKCR:3D and SMTIV but nothing on the downloadable retail title side apart from those... oh and Kirby of course.

Was just curious, trying it again from scratch now to see if it was a one-off but it would be nice to know if there's something I'm doing wrong, this was supposed to be a simple process. :indeed:

I did exactly the same transfering from my old 32GB SD card to a new 32GB micro SD, didn't encounter any errors like that.

My New 3DS Ambassador Edition arrived today thanks to @Aneres11. :D

Will post a picture later but hopefully I'll be able to do a brief feature on the machine with a few pictures, just waiting for it to charge currently before I check the screens over, test functionality and then hopefully perform the system transfer, though I may wait until later if the process takes an hour or so as I don't want to rush through it before work even though I'm anxious to swap over to it. :)

So hopefully all going well - pending no dead pixels - then I'll transfer over, get writing and should have a feature written up pretty soonish, if it goes ahead then it won't be a lavish HD screenshot affair as I don't have the decent camera for it but it will have some images which show the system - possibly with some Amiibo cameo's - plus a write-up of reasonable length; watch this space! : peace:

Still waiting for Yodel for mine. It's out for delivery again

Bloody Yodel

Still waiting for Yodel for mine. It's out for delivery again

Bloody Yodel

Does your tracking say out for delivery from the morning? Mine say awaiting dispatch (saying this since last thursday) but not 'out for delivery' yet!

Does your tracking say out for delivery from the morning? Mine say awaiting dispatch (saying this since last thursday) but not 'out for delivery' yet!

Yeah, but it also did on Saturday before it was "delayed" and returned to the depot this morning.

I'm not hopeful, especially as the day is getting on a bit

Unit successfully charged, seemed to take about two and a half hours... possibly three - give or take a few minutes - which seems normal for an initial charge.

Performed the initial setup but had to say 'No' to System Transfer because I won't have time now, will be sorting all that out later then, probably have to look up a video guide to be sure but I've already transferred over to my new 32GB Misco SD card - using with current 3DS XL by way of adapter - I think @Dcubed mentioned that there's a specific option just for that so I'm hoping it will be full-proof and that hopefully with the help of some willing Pikmin I should be able to move across with little hassle. : peace:

Oh and no dead pixels or scratches, so a perfect screen from day one!* :awesome:

*My XL screen was marked by a factory defect ever since I owned it, and it developed more as time went by.

Mine just arrived, huzzah.

B7KJP6gCUAAYfBh.jpg:orig

Though screw Yodel. Quiet knock on the door, not a ring on the doorbell, and in the 5 seconds it took me to get from my room to the door, he had already re-boarded his van and the parcel was left leaning against the door

RUMOR: *New3DS* ReleaseDate + *Zelda MM 3D* AND *MH4U* Bundle ???

Nintendo Europe may be sending out a third batch of New 3DS Ambassador invites.

A Nintendo UK representative made the following statement:

Thank you for contacting us recently about the New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment at not being included in the contacted people for this. I have added your Club Nintendo details to the list and providing there is available stock, you may receive an invitational email to purchase one of these limited edition bundles.

Should you be successfully added then you will receive an email on Monday 12th January. There is limited stock so if you are successful and wish to go ahead with purchase please follow information in the email as soon as you receive it, the order will need to be place before midnight of 12/01/2015.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

My New 3DS Ambassador Edition arrived today thanks to @Aneres11. :D

Ahh cool you got it then!

I got an email earlier this morning saying 'your parcel has been delivered' and I was like oooooh what parcel I haven't ordered anything!! Then I realised! :blush:

Glad all is well with it! Looking forward to the hands on impressions / pics / vid! : peace:

Annoying, finally got a tracking number and it says 'awaiting collection' not even with Yodel yet! So frustrating.

Unit successfully charged, seemed to take about two and a half hours... possibly three - give or take a few minutes - which seems normal for an initial charge.

Performed the initial setup but had to say 'No' to System Transfer because I won't have time now, will be sorting all that out later then, probably have to look up a video guide to be sure but I've already transferred over to my new 32GB Misco SD card - using with current 3DS XL by way of adapter - I think @Dcubed mentioned that there's a specific option just for that so I'm hoping it will be full-proof and that hopefully with the help of some willing Pikmin I should be able to move across with little hassle. : peace:

Oh and no dead pixels or scratches, so a perfect screen from day one!* :awesome:

*My XL screen was marked by a factory defect ever since I owned it, and it developed more as time went by.

Yeah, there is a specific option for it. Just leave the MicroSD card with all of your game data that you want to transfer inside your source 3DS (and not the target New3DS) when you start the transfer.

After doing the transfer, the New3DS will ask you if you are using a Micro SD card (with an adapter) in your existing old 3DS (it'll tell you by asking if you're using a normal SD or Mini SD Card in the old 3DS - you have to select "No" and then the New3DS will prompt you to physically swap the Micro SD card over from the old 3DS to the New3DS. This allows you to skip the arduous process of transferring over Game & Save data over Wifi, which takes an eternity!)

Probably been asked somewhere already, but is there any way to register the ambassador new 3DS on Club Nintendo?

Yeah, there is a specific option for it. Just leave the MicroSD card with all of your game data that you want to transfer inside your source 3DS (and not the target New3DS) when you start the transfer.

After doing the transfer, the New3DS will ask you if you are using a Micro SD card (with an adapter) in your existing old 3DS (it'll tell you by asking if you're using a normal SD or Mini SD Card in the old 3DS - you have to select "No" and then the New3DS will prompt you to physically swap the Micro SD card over from the old 3DS to the New3DS. This allows you to skip the arduous process of transferring over Game & Save data over Wifi, which takes an eternity!)

I've very nearly completed the transfer process, at the 'Moving Nintendo DSiWare to the System Memory' part... it looks like the New 3DS is telling me to turn it OFF at this point of the system transfer in order to fit the Micro SD card from my source system (3DS XL) to my target system (New 3DS) unless I'm mistaken?

So I gather it's OK to turn the machine off to do this being that it's necessary, it does say that the same screen will be displayed when I turn the system back on again but I don't see how... :blank:

...but it is telling me to do this so. ::shrug:

---------------------------------

Annnnd complete! :D

I genuinely wasn't expecting it to be that straightforward, the turning off the machine for the DSiWare part seemed odd but it did work as promised. :)

Going from the XL screen will take a little bit of adjusting but I think I'll be able to settle for the New 3DS without having to feel that I need to upgrade to the New 3DS XL hopefully, really liking it so far.

Edited by S.C.G

GameStop: New Nintendo 3DS Launches in North America on February 13

Earlier today we reported that a source in GameStop upper management had confirmed trade-in deals for New Nintendo 3DS, and since then a release date has been added to the GameStop system. Although it should still be considered as tentative until officially confirmed by Nintendo, GameStop lists New Nintendo 3DS for release in North America on February 13. Pre-orders will start soon (possibly tomorrow, although that is not confirmed), and trading in your old 3DS or 3DS XL will net you $75 and $100 towards the new system, respectively.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/gamestop-new-nintendo-3ds-launches-in-north-america-on-february-13

Probably been asked somewhere already, but is there any way to register the ambassador new 3DS on Club Nintendo?

For some reason all New 3DS' don't allow for any collection of Club Nintendo Points in Japan, Australia or Europe. There was mention that all points will be phased out in the future (at least in Japan), but can't remember where I read that (probably NintendoLife, MyNintendoNews, or NintendoEverything.

For some reason all New 3DS' don't allow for any collection of Club Nintendo Points in Japan, Australia or Europe. There was mention that all points will be phased out in the future (at least in Japan), but can't remember where I read that (probably NintendoLife, MyNintendoNews, or NintendoEverything.

Consoles no longer give stars/points for console in Aus and looks like EU as well but nothing has been said

Maybe it will work like the Wii U does and automatically will register your points?

I'm just doing my system transfer now. That link that Serebii gave seems to say it'll move everything over wirelessly, but isn't the idea that we can just move all our stuff from the SD card to the micro SD card and put in the machine...? I'm confused now...

You can still actually get onto the ambassador page to buy a New 3DS console, even though the promotion was meant to end at midnight yesterday!

[TWEET]554990015563173888[/TWEET]

I bought this for the Wii U for €0.99. Haven't played it yet but I expect it'll be good as the sequel is brilliant and the reviews on the eShop are positive. I'd say that Tweet is as good as a forthcoming announcement, perhaps in tomorrows Direct.

Toki Tori 2 is a turd, I don't need to play it, I just know.

OK. You need to calm down a bit.

Go play something fun.