NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

IMG_20141130_223613.jpg

New 3DSXL on left, old 3DSXL on right. I think it's the same size for both N3DS models, though I could be wrong. Regardless, I'm also not a fan on the new stylus either.

Ahh, so it IS bigger than the New3DS' one (it's about 4 pennies tall). Shame about it being shorter than the original 3DSXL's one though...

Aside from Smash Bros what are current or upcoming new 3ds enhanced games? Xenoblade isn't enhanced but actually requires it.

Monster Hunter 4 gets similar boosts as Smash (can use Miiverse, loads faster, doesn't require rebooting the console when returning to the homescreen).

Majora's Mask was hinted to have some extras if played on the New 3DS but nothing specific has been revealed.

Honestly I think Pokemon ORAS runs a bit better but it still has frame rate drops. But other than that, nothing we know about.

Aside from Smash Bros what are current or upcoming new 3ds enhanced games? Xenoblade isn't enhanced but actually requires it.

Xenoblade is the single New3DS only game we know about so far.

As for New3DS enhanced titles... There's Smash 3DS (C-stick for smash attacks, in-game loading times cut by half, able to use Miiverse while playing the game), Monster Hunter 4U (faster loading times, able to use Miiverse while playing the game) and Majora's Mask 3D (they haven't detailed exactly what it does, but they have said that the graphics will not be improved on the New3DS, so probably just camera control via the c-stick and faster loading times).

That's it so far. Every single game gets the Super Stable 3D feature BTW, not just New3DS enhanced games (it's an OS level feature and the the screen itself has changed - so it's not something that only works on a game by game basis).

Looking for a good place to import a new 3ds in aus any reccomendations please ?

I got mine from Play Asia, no problems. 365 Games are doing them as well and supposedly their shipping times have been good for people who've imported theirs from them...

Looking for a good place to import a new 3ds in aus any reccomendations please ?

Play-Asia. The pricing is fair, and the shipping, via Fed-Ex, is reasonable, too.

Play-Asia. The pricing is fair, and the shipping, via Fed-Ex, is reasonable, too.

Just a heads up for people. I got a fedex customs bill like a week after it was delivered. That was via play-asia.

365 gaming are based within the UK. Sad thing is they don't seem to stock any cover plates :(

Just a heads up for people. I got a fedex customs bill like a week after it was delivered. That was via play-asia.

365 gaming are based within the UK. Sad thing is they don't seem to stock any cover plates :(

Looks like I'm getting a FedEx customs bill when they deliver it tomorrow, an extra 9 quid. Oh well, worth it in the end.

Nice little stealth update today, adds ability to take shots of the Home Screen, software updates from Home Screen and a theme shuffle mode to keep us spending money.

Nice little stealth update today, adds ability to take shots of the Home Screen, software updates from Home Screen and a theme shuffle mode to keep us spending money.

Yeah! I was really surprised and very happy when I saw that :)

Theme Shuffle is exactly what I was hoping they would do! :D

I've asked my parents / sister for a Neeeeeew 3DS for Christmas. I've tried to best explain that it is an import, and which model it is... "No not that one. Or that one that's an XL. No that's the new new one but that's the XL. I want the normal one. Yeah the white one..."

I'm worried ha. I'd just order it myself but I have every faith I've given them all the info they need!

A New 3ds and Pokemon for Christmas day sounds delicious!

Hold up, I thought you already could do that...

I mean, how on earth did I take this picture 2 months ago then?

10710979_658258940959220_7513197027368898585_n.jpg?oh=a14809049d4cf960677a3120afc3d15a&oe=55028E51

I never get sick of the names I gave my folders.

Hold up, I thought you already could do that...

I mean, how on earth did I take this picture 2 months ago then?

10710979_658258940959220_7513197027368898585_n.jpg?oh=a14809049d4cf960677a3120afc3d15a&oe=55028E51

No what this update lets you do is take a screenshot of both top and bottom screens simultaneously. Before you could only do one at a time.

It also adds an Amiibo settings option to the New3DS and allows NFC contactless cards to be used to pay for eShop stuff (Japan only right now though).

Plus it also adds an option to the Home Menu to download all available game updates in one go without having to visit the eShop.

I never get sick of the names I gave my folders.

And I'll never stop being gutted about not thinking of them first :p

Edited by Dcubed

Yay! My New 3DS XL arrived today!

Downside though, when performing the system transfer I had internet connection problems, then copied my old SD card to my new microSDHC card, and my New 3DS does not recognize anything????

Lost all my download data, so will have to redownload everything, but most gutting is the loss of my save data (MH3U and the Mii Plaza stuff especially), all gone!!

Edit: So, tried again by deleting the info. on the new Micro SD Card. The first time I copied from SD card to SD card direct, this time I copied to my computer, then from the computer to the new SD Card, and thank fuck, it worked, Pheww!!!

Back to gaming, BTW the Super 3D is so cool.

Edited by londragon

HELP!

I'm trading in my 3DS and need to delete/unlink my NNID. I've seen a "how to" screen on the Nintendo website, which basically says all purchased games will be deleted. I'm a bit concerned that by doing this it is going to do something horrible and irreversable to my Wii U.

Has anybody done this or can anybody confirm that this will only delete everything from the 3DS.

There are 2 options I believe, one will completely wipe your NNID and will affect your Wii U and there's an option to just unlink from your 3DS, so don't pick the wrong one. :p

Do NOT pick the Delete NNID option! It will completely nuke your account and you will lose ALL of your purchased content across both consoles.

You want to un-link your NNID, not delete it!

I'll put this in here as I got vouchers when importing from Play-Asia. If anyone wants to buy something, i.e. a New 3DS, from Play-Asia (actually it can be anything as long as it's over US $60), I have 2 $5 vouchers off.

I am in no way going to use them, and I should imagine that only one voucher can be used for one transaction.

If anyone is importing and wants a little discount voucher I'll be more than happy to give you the code. Let me know.

need some help

after losing my new imported 3DS. only had it a week :(

bought a new one but i couldnt do a system transfer as the original machine is gone. After days of painful discussions with nintendo customer support they finally unlinked the NNID and allowed me to use that with new machine.

I can redownload my software but was wondering about my game saves. these are backed up so i have access to them but have no idea if i can just copy and a paste a certain folder over to the new micro sd card?

is this possible and if so do you know which folder i should be selecting.

thanks

OK Chaps,

I have successfully unlinked my 3DS, however my profile remains and I can't seem to get rid of it. If i enter the eshop it's still asking me to sign in as Clownferret. How do I delete my profile? Will doing a system format work?

so I just noticed that WRC: World Rally Championship is scheduled for release on the 28th november.

actually interested in this and hoping it will be good, decent realistic driving game on nintendo hardware is hard to come by.

3dswrc.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Big-Ben-BBI002-UK-RB-WRC-Nintendo/dp/B00MOMLFJ2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1415565101&sr=1-1&keywords=wrc+3ds

I just happened to notice that Amazon already have this down to £14.99.. if you're interested :heh:

I just happened to notice that Amazon already have this down to £14.99.. if you're interested :heh:

mmm

thats not a good sign and it looks like they never sent any review copies out.

looks like it could be just a port of the smartphone version to be honest instead of being developed ground up for the 3DS.