NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Updated mine today, went with the standard black

rxh7qh4.jpg

I was quite disappointed that you can't take a screenshot of the suspended game. Hopefully you can on the New 3DS.

Well, my time with Smash Bros ground to a halt last night when my 3DS developed a fault with the top screen, making the image flicker and the colours go all washed out. So annoying, as I'll now have to send it in for repairs and who knows how long that'll take? This is the third time now I've had a screen problem with the 3DS, as a similar thing happened twice to my original one - at least that was still while it was in warranty though, unlike this one. :(

That sucks Mike. Sorry to hear. :(

See, part of me is concerned that I am using my Peach 3DS as much as I am / have. It is meant to be Limited Ed and I was originally planning to not use it... but dat pink glittery lid... :heart: haha.

This is why part of me is tempted to pick up a transparent 2ds to tide me over to the new 3ds. At least I can use and abuse that console and chuck it round without fear of it breaking. And if it does, it's not too difficult to replace unlike the Peach one. Was gonna import a new 3ds, but just can't be arsed, gonna wait for the offical UK launch me thinks.

The Zelda theme is so misleading. Shows you the cool shot of Link staring at the castle on the purchase page, the main image is actually shitty wall merged Link. You have to scroll across to the area nobody even uses (thanks to folders that came at the same time) to see epic pose Link.

A couple of videos from Nintendo Japan. The first shows how to change the covers on the New 3DS.

The second shows how to change the Micro SD card.

Sorry my big old XL buddy, I can't justify you over those glorious buttons and the variety of cover plates. Hands and eyes and wallet be damned.

I remove the SD card from my 3DS almost daily to post pictures of my Animal Crossing designs on my blog. Having to use a screwdriver every time is really an inconvenience to be honest. I hope the image uploader will work properly by then, I never get it to work on my current system.

I remove the SD card from my 3DS almost daily to post pictures of my Animal Crossing designs on my blog. Having to use a screwdriver every time is really an inconvenience to be honest.

You can backup SD card content via WiFi to a Windows PC on the New 3DS.

Oh, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing that! :)

This has at least alleviated have of my concern about the New 3DS, however how would you go about doing the system transfer from an old 3DS?

Presumably just copy the SD card contents onto a PC normally, do the transfer and then the New 3DS could extract all of the files from the PC via wireless?

It's heeere.

IMG_20141013_184226.jpg

Charging it up before I do anything though. Though I did try the second stick. it's not as far too reach as it looks. Also it doesn't really move which is weird, need to test it in a game.

It's heeere.

IMG_20141013_184226.jpg

Charging it up before I do anything though. Though I did try the second stick. it's not as far too reach as it looks. Also it doesn't really move which is weird, need to test it in a game.

This is simply teasing! :heh:

I need impressions and more pics dammit!!

Exciting! :D

This is simply teasing! :heh:

I need impressions and more pics dammit!!

Exciting! :D

Haha, you might have to wait a bit longer, I forgot to order a Micro SD card in advance and Amazon failed to deliver on time, so I can't do a system transfer yet so I can't test some things yet.

The outer shell of the unit is a sorta shiny plastic, very similar to the DS XL on the top but it's the same on the top and bottom. Inside looks kinda like it's matte but the surface is smooth as well. The Old XL feels slightly rough.

I was comparing it to the DS XL and I think the N3DSXL actually looks really nice in person.

The new Home button is easy to press, though I thought it was the power button at first for some reason. Will take a little getting used to have the power on the bottom side. Same with the volume slider being on the top screen. Muscle memory already kicked it and tried to reach it on the normal place only to find it's not there.

The head tracking is pretty impressive, however sometimes you can see the screen trying to catch up and it causes a bit of "judder" while it adjusts. Probably not noticeable during normal use. The improved viewing angle is also impressive, I can still clearly see the picture when looking from the side. The N3DS has a new evil red eye next to the inner camera.

Now I have no idea if this has been mentioned before, but there seems to be an auto brightness option. There is a new setting under brightness and covering the camera/evil eye makes the screen brightness go up, but only briefly. Not entirely sure if that's what it does, mind.

The nub you can use to navigate the home screen, sometimes it doesn't register. Could be me not being used to it or it needs wearing in. I feel like it will be good for camera controls but not really for precision movement.

ZL/ZR require a little reach around but nothing too crazy.

The new stylus sucks. :p

So yeah, early impressions are good. Looks like this will be my favourite version of the 3DS hardware.

As if you didn't get the white one :)

Ah, you got the large one, scrap that!

I almost did, but they sold out while I was placing my order.

Did a system transfer.

Smash loads so much quicker.

The C stick works with Resident Evil Revelations.

You can watch 3D youtube videos on New 3DS.

[TWEET]522119280067108864[/TWEET]

Did a system transfer.

Smash loads so much quicker.

The C stick works with Resident Evil Revelations.

What about Kid Icarus? I recall that being tooled up for use with CPP, does it take advantage of the second stick?

What about Kid Icarus? I recall that being tooled up for use with CPP, does it take advantage of the second stick?

I've already told you this, Kid Icarus WAS NEVER RETOOLED FOR CPP!! It was only usable to play it left-handed.

There's a lovely comparison video posted at Nintendo Everything showing comparative loading speeds of MH 4G on both old and New 3DS LL models.

I was definitely getting a New 3DS anyway, but that just sealed the deal.

I really don't like how cluttered and messy the front of the unit is when closed. Also the gap on either side of the screen, also when closed. Otherwise looks nice.

I can't verify this but it should allow you to use the left handed control scheme. However you probably wouldn't want to. The C Stick doesn't seem to be a second circle pad, the movement is a lot more restricted so it would make it difficult.

GAMEXPLAIN - New Nintendo 3DS Q&A: Your Questions Answered! (C-Stick, Speed, Better Speakers, & More)

It's been a week since I sent my 3DS in to Nintendo to get it repaired, and I'm still none the wiser about how long it'll be. I got an email on Tuesday to say they'd received it, but the problem is still undiagnosed, according to my account. So annoying, as I was hoping to at least have Smash Bros back by the weekend...

It's been a week since I sent my 3DS in to Nintendo to get it repaired, and I'm still none the wiser about how long it'll be. I got an email on Tuesday to say they'd received it, but the problem is still undiagnosed, according to my account. So annoying, as I was hoping to at least have Smash Bros back by the weekend...

What was wrong with yours? I've always found them pretty good on the turnaround in the past, mine's actual on its way to them atm(posted it yeseterday). Hoping I won't encounter any issues with them this time though, as it's just a broken L button. They did try to refuse to fix it before when the OS stopped working, because it has some physical damage on the outside :rolleyes: