NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I really expected the themes to be free, as it is a rather rediculous thing to ask money for.

I never expected nintendo would do that.

Some of them will be free though, while some of them will be paid for...

Some of them will be free though, while some of them will be paid for...

In that case I said nothing :p

Just seen that Nintendo shop has the 2DS for £89.99 (the new transparent ones). I'm so tempted it's untrue.

Given that I'm getting Smash for 3DS I could then get a free game (I'd choose Kirby) which in theory if you were buying Kirby, the console is like £60. Seems like a bargain!

Just seen that Nintendo shop has the 2DS for £89.99 (the new transparent ones). I'm so tempted it's untrue.

Given that I'm getting Smash for 3DS I could then get a free game (I'd choose Kirby) which in theory if you were buying Kirby, the console is like £60. Seems like a bargain!

I'm guessing you got the e-mail from Nintendo too that had this on offer:

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=6xlWtj%2bQKAvkODhCrRKPmLn%2bYyjQhC3M5QagzkeXYhE%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2ff.e.store.nintendo.co.uk%2fi%2f37%2f2094105615%2f650x720-n-wk37-nr-mariodoublepack-saveover30.jpg

That's a slightly better deal though it's £40 more. Personally I wouldn't buy a 2DS(I'd hold out for the New 3DS if I was to get one) but it might tempt some other members. Besides they don't deliver to Ireland so thanks for that Ninty. :p

Or you could try to win a Nintendo 2DS.

NINTENDO UK CO-PROMOTION WITH PETITS FILOUS FRUBES

Nintendo UK team up with Petits Filous Frubes for Super Mario Promotion

1st October, 2014 – Nintendo UK today announces a co-promotion with Yoplait which will see some of Nintendo’s most iconic characters take centre stage on the packaging of the popular Petits Filous Frubes snack.

With Mario, Luigi, Toadette, Baby Peach, Waluigi and Wario featuring individually on the Vanilla Flavour and Bowser Jr., Peach, Baby Luigi, Baby Mario, Super Star, Koopa Troopa, Daisy, Yoshi, Bowser, Goomba and Boo on the Strawberry flavour – everyone will have a chance to have their favourite character join them for lunch!

With each pack of Petits Filous Frubes, you have the chance to win one of 100s of prizes from Nintendo 2DS systems to Nintendo goody bags!

To see if you’ve won, just enter the secret code on the inside of your Petits Filous Frubes Super Mario pack at http://supermariofrubes.com/.

Launching at the start of October and available in stores across the UK, the promotion will run until 30th April 2015.

Frubes_Mario_3D_Visual_V1.jpg

Looking at the terms and conditions Nintendo are being fairly stingy with the prizes:

8. A total number of 236 prizes are available to be won.

9. Prize pool value:

(i) 211 units of Mario goody bags (containing a stationery set,a Super Mario mini figure, stickers, key ring and hat);

(ii) 11 units of the Nintendo 2DSTM game console;

(iii) 11 units of the Super Mario Bros. 2TM video game software;

(iv) 1 unit of the Mario Kart 7TM video game software;

(v) 1 unit of the Super Mario 3D LandTM video game software;

(vi) 1 unit of the Mario Party Island TourTM game software;

Not exactly breaking the bank there now are we Nintendo? About £2,000 worth of prizes if even and that's retail value, it's even less when you factor in the manufacture price. Geez, loosen the purse strings a little. Wouldn't be putting a lot of faith in winning a substantial prize. Terms and conditions eh, you gotta love em. :)

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Play Asia are selling the Australian New3DS! :D

Now I've just gotta wait and see whether or not they're pulling any shenanigans with EU game compatibility...

Okay that seems crazy cheap, what's the catch?

The catch is that Mightyape won't ship to the UK :(

Just got a 3DS system update. Expected the usual stability issues... got themes! Basic colours are free, patterns (dots, stripes, stars) 89p, and Nintendo themes are £1.79. There are eight various Mario themes, a Zelda one and a Hanafuda one.

[update] Nintendo 3DS - HOME Menu and Themes

Here’s the full rundown of today’s update:

• Users can now use themes to customize the design and sounds of the HOME Menu
  • Five themes are pre-installed and additional themes can be purchased from the Theme Shop

• Themes can be changed by using settings located within the HOME Menu settings

• A feature has been added that allows users to capture screenshots of their HOME Menu
  • The Nintendo eShop Title Information page has been updated to provide easier access to any available videos, demos, user reviews, and other information
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

[update] Nintendo 3DS - All Launch Themes

Edited by Wii

I've gone for the Simple Red theme for now, to match my red XL. :)

Absolutely loving the music on the Hanafuda theme though, and even more so on those black & white patterned ones. Dat easy listening. :love:

Don't like the look of any of those though, unfortunately. :( Really hope they use that music on a better looking theme sometime.

I can't see myself ever buying any of these themes, but I do like the look of the Hanafuda one :) I bet that these would make for nice pre-order bonuses or give-aways in the future though ;)

For now, I've gone with the bog standard yellow one. Looks pretty nice with more or less everything that appears onscreen :)

I've gone for the Simple Red theme for now, to match my red XL. :)

Absolutely loving the music on the Hanafuda theme though, and even more so on those black & white patterned ones. Dat easy listening. :love:

Don't like the look of any of those though, unfortunately. :( Really hope they use that music on a better looking theme sometime.

Yeah, they all have some really nice music (seriously!? How many composers do they have lying around just pumping out all these great tracks for bloody menus and themes! It's insane just how many tracks appear for the tiniest of things!). Interesting that the Mario and Zelda ones are not actually from the games that they say they're from, but rather are all new arrangements that are based off the ones from the games that they say they're from (all except for the SM3DW ones though, those ones ARE just taken from the original game).

Edited by Dcubed

I went with the yellow one, nice. Then I caved and bought the brown felt one, really like it, it was actually the barbershop rendition which made me go for it in the end :) Now rearranged my screens so the icons don't go over the character icons. Done!

Is there any way to properly preview each theme - or at least the music - via the theme shop? I can't find an option... Would be helpful.

Makes it easier to share homescreen layouts now.

pmxyoXH.jpg

Also, I like how you can no longer accidentally open the 5 menu buttons at the top (Game notes, Friends List, Notifications, Browser & Miiverse).

I do like them but no doubt free pre order themes will come . And who wants to spend too much time on the menu :p

And who wants to spend too much time on the menu :p

You have heard the barbershop mario theme one yeah?!

I wish the change theme button had been moved further down the quick menu. Who's using that more often than the light and power saving options? I guess it's right at the top because its a revenue stream.

Having the settings menu link in the quick menu is nice. Perhaps now they could get rid of the actual setting menu icon from the home screen?

You have heard the barbershop mario theme one yeah?!

Is that the song that was in the New 3DS reveal Direct?

Makes it easier to share homescreen layouts now.

pmxyoXH.jpg

I like that you still have the video channel. It even still has a notification. ;)

I buy'd the Zelda one. Kinda want the 8 bit Mario one.

HNI_0095.JPG

Really want a Fire Emblem one.

Edit: Damn photobucket.

Edit 2: Damn Flickr. These photo upload sites are wank. :mad:

Had to. :heh:

15471396452_1f428253fe_n.jpg

15471394762_e228b02755_n.jpg

15285100058_8865067f04_n.jpg

15285169687_9b61392ab0_n.jpg

It is now complete. : peace:

Edited by Aneres11

HNI_0095.JPG

Your homescreen is as tidy as ever :p

Really want a Fire Emblem one.

YES! Me too!

Geez man! All your home screens are bloody messes!

You should see my home screen! It looks positively glorious in retrospect.

@Dcubed, back me up. Preach the genius of my home screen!

Geez man! All your home screens are bloody messes!

You should see my home screen! It looks positively glorious in retrospect.

@Dcubed, back me up. Preach the genius of my home screen!

Why ask me when you can actually take a screenshot of it now? ;)

Show the glory in its full glory! (still gutted that I didn't think of it first... but at least my Wii U menu is cool)

Why ask me when you can actually take a screenshot of it now? ;)

Show the glory in its full glory! (still gutted that I didn't think of it first... but at least my Wii U menu is cool)

Didn't realize I could.

Right guys, here's my home screen.

10701979_658257704292677_6639354572832107140_n.jpg?oh=c00b2f6ab6591d1741c86e890695d671&oe=54ADC447

That's all of it. No need to scroll through anything. You will never have to slide to get through stuff on my 3DS. And before you start thinking that I don't have a lot of stuff on it...

10645261_658258344292613_5119120726868111221_n.jpg?oh=9ddc9e0fa7914e03e7589bfa44f0f786&oe=54CEFB4D

Those are all my 3DS eShop Purchases. Doesn't include my VC, DSI Ware or retail downloads. They're in separate folders.

And for the record, that's the smallest my icons ever get.

What makes my folders genius is that they still contain the first letter of what you'd expect, while also being a bit creative.

10710979_658258940959220_7513197027368898585_n.jpg?oh=4a73030604b289693115395833b43a5b&oe=54B37451

My NES Folder obviously. (For the record, that's the kind of thing DCubed wished he did.)

Going from top to bottom, left to right, the folders are...

An app for that

Retail Shmetail

3DS Ware... in 3D

DSi Ware... in 2D

Game Boy is HUGE

Colour Game Boy (Sidestepping the whole "all the Game Boy consoles start with G" beautifully)

Advance it up!

Video Rental

NES is sooo 1985

Sega Game Gear (Another clever sidestep from using G again)

Mini-Game Island (It's where my demo goes and it's a nice Mario Party reference all in one)

Other stuff

Reading the folders from left to right, they all sound like things that might exist but don't. After all, who doesn't want "AR 3D"? It sounds cool!