NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

When I got charged an "admin fee" for a delivery, I phoned up and said "Look, I'm fine with paying the customs charge, but I was never notified about an additional fee, so I'm not paying that". They took their fee off.

That admin fee is the real kicker though. The bastards at Parcelforce were courteous enough to charge me a "handling fee" of around £20-25, on top of the customs fee, when I imported my Project Diva PS3 controller...

Cunts :mad:

Parcelforce are robbers and their service is a joke. Hopefully Jbhifi have option to use fedex or UPS etc.

Not too keen on importing until I've had a go on both systems to see if I can handle the smaller unit. The faceplates and buttons are pretty damn appealing.

I'll hold off for now and see what's happening closer to release. Thanks for the links and info though guys!

If they are releasing in Australia & New Zealand earlier, could they possibly be splitting the "PAL" region in 2 and region locking them both out from each other?

If they are releasing in Australia & New Zealand earlier, could they possibly be splitting the "PAL" region in 2 and region locking them both out from each other?

No, because that would block all existing Australian 3DS games from working on it.

No, because that would block all existing Australian 3DS games from working on it.

Surely they could have a work around that all existing games work as they do now, but any future releases are region locked to AUS. They could lock out the European eShop, and only allow access to the AUS eShop. I'll wait for clarification before putting my money down.

Surely they could have a work around that all existing games work as they do now, but any future releases are region locked to AUS. They could lock out the European eShop, and only allow access to the AUS eShop. I'll wait for clarification before putting my money down.
The DSi introduced region locking for its exclusive games, so that's certainly a possibility.

The DSi introduced region locking for its exclusive games, so that's certainly a possibility.

This is different though because they already have a region lock in place.

Adding an Australian specific region flag would not only be inconsistent with every single console and handheld ever released (including the DSi and the current Wii U), but it would also break compatibility with existing games that are flagged as "EU/Aus". It would also mean that they'd have to block Australian NNIDs from working on the existing systems (and vice versa) and they'd need to set up a seperate Australian Miiverse community for every single game too.

Really, it's a very very safe bet. It's far more trouble for them than it's worth (and besides, Australian prices are higher than EU/UK prices in general anyway - so they'd actually benefit from grey imports coming from Australia ;) )

Either way, you'll know for sure if you look on the back of the box for Smash Bros 3DS (since that's the first New3DS enhanced game). If it comes with the usual "this game can only be used on a European or Australian 3DS" then you'll know that there's no additional region lock for New3DS games.

Edited by Dcubed

Actually the Australian 3DS already has its own region code, games too. They are just compatible with European ones.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/a-little-problem-about-3dss-region-lockout.338367/page-2

In the message with the region lock codes, you can see that Australia and Europe are separate. It's possible to make them incompatible with future releases...

Ahh bollocks... I didn't know that...

Still, Smash 3DS should be an indicator either way...

I'm actually tempted to get two faceplates. I want the wood one, but I think it would feel horrible. The felt one, however, will likely feel nice. So felt for the bottom, wood for the top.

And from that website, it looks like it changes the BGM for the 3DS as well, didn't know that. Awesome stuff, for about 1 pound.
Yeah, be interesting to see what the pricing is like outside of Japan though...
"Custom Nintendo 3DS themes available now in Europe for only €4.00/£2.99!"
:shakehead:heh:

Hopefully not, but I wouldn't be surprised. :hmm:

Aren't some of them free with the faceplates? For example, you would get this free with the wood faceplate:

main.png

Well, I don't like any of those themes enough to shell out a quid.

Too many Mario themed ones, but that's not surprising.

Guess I'll be waiting for more in the future.

I really expected the themes to be free, as it is a rather rediculous thing to ask money for.

I never expected nintendo would do that.

To be fair, themes on Playstation also have a small charge. I'm haooy enough with the pricing, although I don't think i'll buy any myself (was hoping you could tailor your theme by having folders themed with Mario blocks (for Mario Games), Triforce for Zelda etc).

Anyone else have this intermittent problem with their 3DS XL (or ofiginal 3DS for that matter) - occasionally, but becoming more regular the 3DS resets the clock and date to 01/01 00:00. There seems to be no pattern I can think of, open the 3DS from sleep state and it's reset.

Anyone else have this intermittent problem with their 3DS XL (or ofiginal 3DS for that matter) - occasionally, but becoming more regular the 3DS resets the clock and date to 01/01 00:00. There seems to be no pattern I can think of, open the 3DS from sleep state and it's reset.

Can't say I've ever had this problem...