NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Nov 21st new 3DS released in Aus/NZ.

$220 and $250 XL aus dollars. Gonna look to import.

OH SHIT!!!

An Australian Nintendo Direct!?

New3DS coming out THIS YEAR?!

ByRsgsiIQAAJUfX.png:large

YES!!!! I CAN IMPORT THIS!!!! :D NO WAITING TILL NEXT YEAR FOR ME!!!! :yay:

What's the best site for importing Aussie stuff? I've never bought from there before...

Edited by Dcubed

How in the hell are they getting it this year yet we have wait?! :(

I bet they're trying to clear out stock in US/EU because they've overshipped them into stores...

Yes can anyone in the know link some aussie sites as I am importing.

Here's some recommendations I've seen on GAF...

Otherwise, I'm in the dark as much as you are, so any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: BTW, this ND also confirms that they're sticking with the name "New 3DS" outside of Japan. As stupid a decision as it is...

Edited by Dcubed

So question... With it being region locked, wouldn't it be a pain in the arse to import an Australian model... Or am I missing something somewhere? Or is it just as it would be when importing one from Japan?

So question... With it being region locked, wouldn't it be a pain in the arse to import an Australian model... Or am I missing something somewhere? Or is it just as it would be when importing one from Japan?

Australia is also a PAL region which means all our UK/EU games will work on it.

Australia is also a PAL region which means all our UK/EU games will work on it.

*frantically pre-orders

I bet they're trying to clear out stock in US/EU because they've overshipped them into stores...

Possibly but I think maybe Aus/NZ sales of the 3DS are low and it needs a new platform before holidays.

Possibly but I think maybe Aus/NZ sales of the 3DS are low and it needs a new platform before holidays.

They said that they've sold 700K so far in Aus. That's a pretty good result for that region.

No, I think it's safe to say it's a stock issue for US/EU. Australia ran out of stock of the original model 3DS some time ago (it supposedly hasn't been on store shelves since last year), so shelves probably aren't inundated with stock like they are over here and in the US - where NOA/NOE stuffed the channels as much as possible late last year. After all, if they released the New3DS now; how would they ever get rid of all of the existing 3DS/3DSXL stock that currently sits on store shelves in US/EU?

Australia share the same region as us in Europe, so EU games will work perfectly on it. Every single Aus console and handheld is exactly the same as the UK, right down to the plugs used (they use the same 3 pin plugs and voltage system as us too!)

In fact, you can actually access the Australian eShop on your UK 3DS if you change your user location to Australia (and vice versa too of course) - though of course, with the new NNID system, you can't switch without removing the currently used NNID on your 3DS; so make sure that you do a system transfer from your old one before doing anything with your Aus New3DS!

There's even a few games on the Aus Wii and DSi stores that weren't released over here (Snapdots on DSi and Axelay on the Wii VC spring to mind) and yes you can switch and then switch back to play them as normal ;)

Edited by Dcubed

So there should be no problems importing a AUS one at all?.....interesting

really wish there was a gold zelda one (i like my limited editions)

What started out as disappointing news that Aus is getting it before us... It has gotten more and more delicious the more I have learned. :heh:

Sooo, where can I preorder from! :yay:

Anywhere that seems reputable yet?!

What started out as disappointing news that Aus is getting it before us... It has gotten more and more delicious the more I have learned. :heh:

Sooo, where can I preorder from! :yay:

Anywhere that seems reputable yet?!

Here's a list of places that someone posted on GAF...

I have no experience with any of these personally, but out of them I know for certain that Jbhifi will be reliable (they're a pretty large chain of stores and well known for shipping internationally without issue).

On the other hand, I'm sure that they'll also not go out of their way to help you avoid customs charges... (marking as a gift, putting down a lower valuation on the package being shipped etc)

I'd wait for a bit and see what kind of prices are on offer on each of them (nobody has it up yet). Supposedly I've heard some good things about mightyape, but nobody is sure on whether or not they'll be shipping outside of Aus or not (apparently they can be kind of spotty about it when it comes to consoles).

Also there's 365games, which is based in the UK and sometimes gets in Aus stock of games and hardware (so no customs charges guaranteed), but who knows if they'll actually get in any New3DS consoles; and who knows what kind of great big whacking margin they'll put on top of it... (with how high in demand it's going to be from us importers, I'd bet on it not being pretty...)

Edited by Dcubed

I recall 365games back from when US Brawl came out early, they were doing it+freeloader for a good price and one of the actual places with stock - of course that was 6 years ago now so things could have changed a lot but I was impressed all round having initially been quite wary.

You don't think Nintendo may change things up for this New Australian 3DS and region lock it further, such as only having access to the Australian eShop and locking Europe out of it. I wouldn't put it past them.

Still don't know what to get though... smaller one so I can change the faceplates or the XL...

Hm, not sure if I should cancel my Japanese preorder and get the AUS version now.

Preorders are up at GameStop, though there's a deposit.

Hm, not sure if I should cancel my Japanese preorder and get the AUS version now.

Preorders are up at GameStop, though there's a deposit.

Do GameStop Aus ship internationally?

Do GameStop Aus ship internationally?

Just tried, doesn't look like it. There's no country option, just lets you pick an Australian state.

Watch out for customs from eb games and gamestop , I got a nasty hit today on my Zelda monopoly £20!!! At the door

The bastards and I dredd to think what it would Be on a £200 console ?

I wonder if Nintendo will let you map the new buttons to other buttons in games where they're not supported natively. Some games which use the shoulder button or face buttons for camera control would work nice with the second stick.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course they won't let us do that.

Watch out for customs from eb games and gamestop , I got a nasty hit today on my Zelda monopoly £20!!! At the door

The bastards and I dredd to think what it would Be on a £200 console ?

Would be about £30 VAT on a 220 AUS dollar purchase. Probably a small administration fee also.

Games consoles are duty free so your only paying the VAT.

Would be about £30 VAT on a 220 AUS dollar purchase. Probably a small administration fee also.

Games consoles are duty free so your only paying the VAT.

That admin fee is the real kicker though. The bastards at Parcelforce were courteous enough to charge me a "handling fee" of around £20-25, on top of the customs fee, when I imported my Project Diva PS3 controller...

Cunts :mad: