NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Does the Vita even have bluetooth? i own one and i've never used it, hell i wouldn't know where to find it., on a handheld that you'd generally holding about 1ft away from you, i think a wired headset is quite acceptable

That Special edition XL....makes it look like they have interchangeable plates too....i so bloody hope they do

yeah the vita supports BT headphones.

its a nice feature for BT users who dont wanna carry a pair of wired headphones with them alongside the BT headphones.

I use BT headphones with my phone and find it annoying having to carry wired with me when playing 3DS.

I really don't understand your problem. If you carry around those headphones, then surely you will have a bag on you and carrying a cable to plug into those headphones (such as the one that comes in the same box as those headphones) isn't that big of a deal.

I really don't understand your problem. If you carry around those headphones, then surely you will have a bag on you and carrying a cable to plug into those headphones (such as the one that comes in the same box as those headphones) isn't that big of a deal.

er I do go out without a bag sometimes you know.

headphones stay around my neck when not in use.

dunno why people are going ultra defensive here. BT compatibility should be standard in 2014.

dunno why people are going ultra defensive here. BT compatibility should be standard in 2014.

Could be you're just being ultra finnicky about a feature that doesn't really need to be standard on a battery-consuming, portable device that isn't locked away in your pocket while in use... Next complaint will be the battery life with said bluetooth feature. ::shrug:

Nintendo can't win here.

I really don't see the lack of Bluetooth as an issue here. For a home console, sure, because if you're sitting in front of TV for hours then it makes sense to want wireless. With a portable device it's just going to drain battery faster to use wireless headphones.

Edited by Sheikah

I really don't see the lack of Bluetooth as an issue here. For a home console, sure, because if you're sitting in front of TV for hours then it makes sense to want wireless. With a portable device it's just going to drain battery faster to use wireless headphones.

Bluetooth drains battery. Since when?

With phone technology the effect Bluetooth has on the battery is minimal. It barely makes any difference if I have Bluetooth on or off.

With phone technology the effect Bluetooth has on the battery is minimal. It barely makes any difference if I have Bluetooth on or off.

Do you have an iphone? Just looking at the time on that drains the battery. Bluetooth is even worse. It's a feature I don't use anyway so therefore it is not a massive loss if a handheld doesnt have it. I imagine it would be something you could turn off anyway so it wouldn't hurt to include it.

Say that to the Samsung Galaxy range...:shakehead

I don't use bluetooth on my iphone because it destroys battery like nothing else when in use, i don't care about wireless headsets because my iphone headphones (wired) work with my portable consoles, PC at work and just about everything else, bluetooth headphones are far from standard because of the various power constraints (drains phone batteries, need their own batteries), sure its a nice optional extra but wired headsets are just as convenient

Do you have an iphone? Just looking at the time on that drains the battery. Bluetooth is even worse. It's a feature I don't use anyway so therefore it is not a massive loss if a handheld doesnt have it. I imagine it would be something you could turn off anyway so it wouldn't hurt to include it.

Sony Xperia Z2.

As you said it would be an option to on/off and I cant imagine its that much of an extra cost these days.

Wow that is good, I love how even the box is shaped like a NES. I want to get it but I really shouldn't...

Just on or actively using it? I understand with android devices it doesn't actually 'use' much if it's not an active usage, it could be similar with other devices too

As for BT being standard - I feel like bluetooth never took off quite like it maybe was sposed to/expected. For something like a portable handheld, I agree bluetooth isn't that neccessary(though yeah it'd be nice). Definitely more suited for a home console headset experience imo.

Got am email from Nintendo saying they want me to pay £40 to repair my 3DS, I rang them saying I thought it had a new 1 year warranty from its last repair which was back in Oct last year (so still had 1 month on the warranty), the very friendly chap in the call centre checked into it for me, could hear him reading it out the serial number, assuming checking it matched the one from last years repair then said "sorry about that we'll get it sorted for free for you"

:D

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

So I started university this year and happened to have my 3DS with me in my bag today, and at some point took it out between classes and people (age 20-25~) were like "what the hell is that" "is it an electronic dictionary?"

And they all play Candy Crush Saga and other Facebook games constantly during class. Gaming has changed.

Positive hands-on from IGN on the New 3DS including the analog nub

Want it now. Sux having to wait months for this!!

I wonder if the camera will be getting an upgrade... Just while the prospect of taking 3d photo's is intriguing, the camera on the current models is terrible. I know they want to keep the cost down... but people seem to be willing to pay extra for little gizmo's they'll never use :D

Also, what are the speakers like? The XL ones are fairly poor, does the new ds have higher quality speakers?

Anyway.. the only way I would purchase this would be if Amiibo's prove to be super awesome, although the improved tracking 3d effect does sound tempting.

I wonder if the camera will be getting an upgrade... Just while the prospect of taking 3d photo's is intriguing, the camera on the current models is terrible. I know they want to keep the cost down... but people seem to be willing to pay extra for little gizmo's they'll never use :D

Also, what are the speakers like? The XL ones are fairly poor, does the new ds have higher quality speakers?

Anyway.. the only way I would purchase this would be if Amiibo's prove to be super awesome, although the improved tracking 3d effect does sound tempting.

You're not wrong there. I had a better camera on my phone over a decade ago.

Going back to the old school transparant days! :D Hope to see a New 3DS in transparant smoke (but I'd say it's unlikely -__-)