NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

If there are 3DS games, I'm expecting sequels that reuse the engine of a previous game. Majora's Mask 3D would be nice, but my main predictions are Fire Emblem Awakening 2 (I forget which number in the series it is) and A Link Between Worlds 2.

Any major expectancies for the 3DS at E3?

Majora's Mask.

More footage of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remake.

Advance Wars/Fire Emblem Awakening 2.

That's my I'd expect.

Any major expectancies for the 3DS at E3?

I'd like to see a few things that would get me excited for 3DS again, but I'm not expecting that much to come out of E3 that would fulfil my own personal needs :heh:

I'd be content with seeing Majora's Mask 3D as it would probably be the perfect platform for me to finally experience the game all the way through to the end :smile:

Anything on top of that would be something of a bonus as the console has disappointed somewhat after the initial high of Pilotwings Resort and, later, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Starfox 64 remakes were also excellent but everything else, however highly praised, has failed to fully resonate with me. That includes things like Luigi's Mansion 2, which I didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as the GC original, Kid Icarus: Uprising, which didn't do enough to reach my own expectations, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, a game almost completely destroyed by the final boss fight, and Resident Evil: Revelations, which I basically forced myself through :hmm:

I could add Rhythm Thief, New Super Mario Bros 2, Mario Tennis Open and Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater to the list of dissapointments, but I don't want to come across overly critical as I have liked most of these games, even if I never loved them. I may even get rid of Snake Eater as I can't seem to get into it after finding it a more pleasurable experience playing the original on PS2.

Anyway, I've basically gone off track here, but it all boils down to wanting something from the 3DS that will finally pique my interest!

I'd love another Ghost Trick or Elite Beat Agents, two of the best games on DS, or something like a new Metroid game similar in approach to Other M (with a new first person adventure on Wii U :heh:) and F-Zero 3DX.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D and anything from that selection would provide a surprisingly awesome E3 for the 3DS :smile:

A Dragon Quest. There are 4 games to localise, pick at least one of them Nintendo/SE!

Wario Wario/Rhythm Heaven

Fire Emblem Awakening 2/Advance Wars

Majora's Mask 3D - Grezzo seem to be pretty quiet these days...

Curious to see what Nintendo has lined up though.

I'd say that Advance Wars 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D are near enough dead certs. Otherwise, I'd expect E3 to mostly consist of localisations of games like Yo-kai Watch and Fantasy Life and maybe some smaller games from Nintendo that are eShop only. Most of their focus this E3 will be on the Wii U I reckon (and rightly so, it needs it more and the 3DS is already looking to have a great looking lineup this year anyway)

What's making more and more people think that Advance Wars 3DS might happen?

To me it just seems like another abandoned franchise like F-Zero and Wave Race etc... Although yeah, fingers crossed this is the year they all come back :p

They trademarked a variety of "advance" names last week is one big reason! Plus it being one of the first GBA games... Plus it's been a while... Plus IS have been working on SOMETHING!

They trademarked a variety of "advance" names last week is one big reason! Plus it being one of the first GBA games... Plus it's been a while... Plus IS have been working on SOMETHING!

Ok cool! :) Didn't know about the trademarks!

Ok cool! :) Didn't know about the trademarks!

It could obviously be Anyang, but it think these scraps as well as people's desperately wanting to see it... After playing the GBA game again it's made me want one more than anything, online play, map sharing, leaderboards... Would be amazing!

And if you don't want voice chat Nintendo, at least us write messages. Golf would be incredible with that feature!

I am just hoping that Intelligent Systems will try and give Advance Wars another go and turn that franchise around saleswise like they did with Fire Emblem.

Considering that Days of Ruin only just recently was made available to the good people of Japan through Club NINTENDO (it never came out in Japan) and that one of the first downloadble GBA games for the WiiU was the original Advance Wars has me hoping Intelligent Systems will do the right thing.

However, I think it's equally possible that Paper Mario WiiU might be one of the games that can show the value of the Upad and that Intelligent Systems has been focusing on that. It's Mario after all...:indeed:

Another possibility is that after the succes of Fire Emblem Awakening, they might just choose to take the sequel route immediately instead of giving Advance Wars the 'Awakening' treatment.

I think that I would still be playing Advance Wars: Days of Ruin with my mates untill the end of time, but a new one would sure as hell have our consent.

Look forward to the first ever Advance Wars twitch channel in the near future

Does anyone know how many teams Intelligent Systems has?

1 team is making Fire Emblem X ShinMegamiTensei, which could be 50/50 Intelligent Systems/Atlus.

I hope this will be the next Fire Emblem game, but the Paper Mario problem still remains...

What's making more and more people think that Advance Wars 3DS might happen?

To me it just seems like another abandoned franchise like F-Zero and Wave Race etc... Although yeah, fingers crossed this is the year they all come back :p

IS have been hinting at them making a new AW game ever since releasing FEA and it has been long enough since then for that same team to be able to release their next project this year...

Does anyone know how many teams Intelligent Systems has?

1 team is making Fire Emblem X ShinMegamiTensei, which could be 50/50 Intelligent Systems/Atlus.

I hope this will be the next Fire Emblem game, but the Paper Mario problem still remains...

IS typically develop 3-4 games of varying sizes (including collabs with Nintendo SPD on things like Game & Wario) at the same time.

We're due at least one new retail game (maybe even 2 retail and a smaller downloadable one if we're lucky!) this year from them going by their usual schedule and yes I do think that one of them will be Advance Wars 3DS.

Why would anyone consider the series "dead" anyway? They're solid sellers that always get 1-2 entries per generation. Not necessarily at the start (in fact FW and SFW both came very late in their respective generations), but at some point.

And I think that time is looking to come very soon :)

Edited by Dcubed

Ugh, I'm going to Japan in August and I realized that the 3DS charger is pretty much the only device in the world that isn't universal, ie. it only runs 230v50hz unlike even home consoles like PS3, making it even more region locked than I thought (= have to waste money on another charger). I wonder how many non-europeans have fried their 3DS chargers here thinking it will work through a one dollar plug adapter...

Grezzo Post Job Opening Listings That May Hint at Majora's Mask Remake *Update*

*UPDATE* One of my friends (who chose to stay anonymous) did a quick translation and she confirmed the title of the second listing says "Would you like to make a Legend with us?" the bulk of the listing mentions past work by Grezzo and mentions they are looking for people with "high quality" and then ask at the end "don't you want to make a game with us?"

-Original Post Below-

As some of you probably know Grezzo is the studio that worked on the Ocarina of Time remake for 3DS and they just posted listings for new job openings (Here, & here) on their website

Apparently one of the listings has a line that translates to "Would you like to make a 'legend' with us?" though if someone could confirm that (and maybe help translate what else the job listings mention) that would be great!

Zelda MM3D

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/231005-grezzo-post-job-opening-listings-that-may-hint-at-majora-s-mask-remake-update

Edited by lostmario
Please use the quote button

Ugh, I'm going to Japan in August and I realized that the 3DS charger is pretty much the only device in the world that isn't universal, ie. it only runs 230v50hz unlike even home consoles like PS3, making it even more region locked than I thought (= have to waste money on another charger). I wonder how many non-europeans have fried their 3DS chargers here thinking it will work through a one dollar plug adapter...

I'll also be in Japan in August for a while, but tell me about this charging problem, because I've yet to look into the whole plug/volt/socket shenanigens that comes with traveling abroad.

European 3DS comes with a charger for 220-240V. It won't work in Japan unless you use a step-up converter but those are usually bulky and expensive. Do not use a simple plug adapter that only changes the pins to match their sockets, those do work with 99% of mobile devices because they come with chargers that work from 100 to 240V eliminating this problem (cell phones, laptops etc.). If you want to game in Japan you need to buy a Japanese charger (will work with your EU 3DS) or a third party USB charger.

I'm actually thinking of getting a Vita while being there. They have those nice colours that are exclusive there like lime green/white, and of course it has no region lock...

I might look to buy a new SD card for my 3DS, as the 2GB one in there only holds 2 games or something. And I need more space!

However, it is not exactly clear to me which cards are exactly compatible with the 3DS (and cheap as well). I found this list but they are all kind pricey: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/517/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDAzNDMyNTQ2L3NpZC92dXhwTHJYbA%3D%3D

Does anyone know of an SD card with big capacity (16 or 32GB) that is decently priced and compatible? =)

I might look to buy a new SD card for my 3DS, as the 2GB one in there only holds 2 games or something. And I need more space!

However, it is not exactly clear to me which cards are exactly compatible with the 3DS (and cheap as well). I found this list but they are all kind pricey: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/517/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDAzNDMyNTQ2L3NpZC92dXhwTHJYbA%3D%3D

Does anyone know of an SD card with big capacity (16 or 32GB) that is decently priced and compatible? =)

just get a SD card from amazon dude.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-3A114805-Ultra-UHS-I-Class/dp/B007PYBOEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403435268&sr=8-1&keywords=16gb+sd+card

SanDisk, Kingston etc are all cheap enough.

Edited by khilafah

This is the one I bought a while ago...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32GB-SANDISK-SD-SDHC-MEMORY-CARD-CLASS-4-FOR-DIGITAL-CAMERA-/291094349956?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Sandisk 32GB SDHC card £11.75 on eBay

Though I'm sure I must have paid a little bit more than that for it when I originally purchased it so it seems they have come down in price. :)

Ultimately its never gone wrong and I have put a fair amount of content on it including at least a couple of full retail games including DK Country Returns 3D which comes in at 17,693 blocks plus a load of other stuff, I still have 190,076 blocks left apparently. (which I'm pleasantly surprised at) :D

So I'd say if you were to go for a 32GB Sandisk card it will hopefully last you a long time. : peace:

This is the one I bought a while ago...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/32GB-SANDISK-SD-SDHC-MEMORY-CARD-CLASS-4-FOR-DIGITAL-CAMERA-/291094349956?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Sandisk 32GB SDHC card £11.75 on eBay

Though I'm sure I must have paid a little bit more than that for it when I originally purchased it so it seems they have come down in price. :)

Ultimately its never gone wrong and I have put a fair amount of content on it including at least a couple of full retail games including DK Country Returns 3D which comes in at 17,693 blocks plus a load of other stuff, I still have 190,076 blocks left apparently. (which I'm pleasantly surprised at) :D

So I'd say if you were to go for a 32GB Sandisk card it will hopefully last you a long time. : peace:

Thanks, bought that one! Seems like a good price and if you say yours works great, then it should be good. Hope it gets here in time for my holiday! =)

Damn, I pine for a good Harvest Moon on a current home console with less of a kiddy/farmville focus. Like A Wonderful Life or so, that more kind of core/less cutesy focus.

I really enjoyed playing Harvest Moon on the Gamecube, easily one of the best entries since the original for me. : peace:

I'd probably be happy with just that game re-released in HD quite honestly. :)

I really enjoyed playing Harvest Moon on the Gamecube, easily one of the best entries since the original for me. : peace:

I'd probably be happy with just that game re-released in HD quite honestly. :)

Yeah that'd be good. Although I did miss festivals in that game.

King of HM is Back to Nature follower by 64. :p