NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

My girlfriend had her 3DS stolen last month, made an enquiry with Nintendo and they wanted a copy of the police report, the serial number of the console (luckily that is on the box which wasn't stolen!) and a proof of purchase for the console before they would review whether they would reinstate the purchase history to a new unit. With that sent to them she still hasn't heard anything back a few weeks later.

In other words with the current lack of account system I wouldn't hold out much hope for getting your downloads back!:mad:

So Retarded... Well I will buy a US 3DS XL then.

All that money just thrown down the drain because Nintendo still live in the dark ages.

Tell you what, if there is no account system in the next generation of hardware releases then I am not buying another Nintendo console.

If only I didn't already have a Japanese 3DS...

Tell you what, if there is no account system in the next generation of hardware releases then I am not buying another Nintendo console.

Iwata mentioned there would be last week. I could try and dig out the quote later.

If only I didn't already have a Japanese 3DS...

Iwata mentioned there would be last week. I could try and dig out the quote later.

Well see. There was no time line, he just mentioned that they are looking to do so in the future. It's pretty ridiculous that this is an issue in 2014.

So Retarded... Well I will buy a US 3DS XL then.

All that money just thrown down the drain because Nintendo still live in the dark ages.

I'd say at least get in touch and see what they say! With the recent move to unification of NNIDs across system they might be getting a bit more lenient?

(dont hold too much hope tho it is nintendo)

i am too jugged up what the proceedings they are heading up .. are they not seeing the responses they are getting in return ?

Can anyone recommend a good and affordable set of headphones for gaming on public transport? I've been using standard earbuds but would like something a bit more fancy now, and that would actually let me hear the sound and music better over the noise of the bus' diesel engine :heh:

Are these good enough, or do I need to spend a bit more?

From (approx.) Friday, 14 February 2014 05:00

to Friday, 14 February 2014 08:00.

Affected services:

Wii U

- Online Play, Rankings etc.

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings etc.

*Some of the affected services' features are not available during temporary

maintenance. We thank you for your understanding and apologise for any

inconvenience.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

RIP Nintendo Video service. Hope they put the Kid Icarus shorts on the eShop.

Sometimes I think the 3ds would be great for skype.

I believe it's owned by Microsoft, so unlikely to appear on 3ds. Similar reason for having that video chat app on the Wii U instead of skype. Having said that - yes, that would be an interesting idea, releasing it for 3ds too.

I believe it's owned by Microsoft, so unlikely to appear on 3ds. Similar reason for having that video chat app on the Wii U instead of skype. Having said that - yes, that would be an interesting idea, releasing it for 3ds too.

Skype is owned by Microsoft, but that hasn't stopped there being a Skype app for every other device ever. The Vita has a Skype app for example.

Well there's some hope.

Getting the 3ds was the nicest surprise I ever got. It was the LOZ:OoT special edition that game with the game. It was hard to find, but I really wanted it because of how regal it looked. My parents went all the way to Birmingham to get it for my birthday.

Skype is owned by Microsoft, but that hasn't stopped there being a Skype app for every other device ever. The Vita has a Skype app for example.

yes, but Nintendo are very reluctant to use established technologies such as cd/dvd's. I agree, it would be cool is there was a skype app... I just don't think Nintendo would do it. But havign a voice only version of the nintendo call app would be nice as a minimum.

I've had a 3DS since launch, still in perfect condition. Had a 3DS XL for about 3 weeks, dropped it and half the top screen is broken. :blank:

Guess I'll have to send it to Nintendo for repairs. What are the chances they don't delete all my data, and send me back the same limited edition 3DS XL? :hmm:

Just seen a 2DS advert on Boomerang (Kiddy channel) and the were seriously advertising it as the platform for Mario... fine but it then goes on to say you can play the "latest games" and show... Mario Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros. 2!

I mean really!? both of which are about 2 years old!

After not being arsed to play on the 3DS i've got a new job so will be commuting to Leeds every day!

Perfect opportunity to get into it!

Just seen a 2DS advert on Boomerang (Kiddy channel) and the were seriously advertising it as the platform for Mario... fine but it then goes on to say you can play the "latest games" and show... Mario Kart 7 and New Super Mario Bros. 2!

That's Nintendo marketing in a nutshell. Did the ad happen to have a random celebrity or two in it?

Mario sells, and before Pokemon came out the combined sales of all three of those titles probably made up for about 80% of the 3DS game sales.