NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

1480537_473502272758865_2066166005_n.jpg

Undergoing the system update, then the transfer of data commences.

Went straight forward enough, had all the data backed up on a 8gb SD card from the old 3DS. Is it me, or does the XL seem more "colourful" with games. By that, i mean the resolution seems higher than that on the old 3DS i had.

Do you have power saving mode enabled on the XL? Or maybe your 3DS just had bad screens, in that photo they do look a lot warmer than the XL's screens.

My friend had her normal 3DS for Christmas and I had my 3DSxl. She got Luigi's Mansion 2 so I had a little go of it and it's just so diddy and tiny. I'm sure the DS Lite is bigger...

When it comes to the colours and the depths as well, 3DS XL wins it by a country mile. It can't be just me because my mate noticed the same thing as well. Maybe it's to do with screen size?

Do you have power saving mode enabled on the XL? Or maybe your 3DS just had bad screens, in that photo they do look a lot warmer than the XL's screens.

Haven't messed with any settings on the XL, left things as they are.

My friend had her normal 3DS for Christmas and I had my 3DSxl. She got Luigi's Mansion 2 so I had a little go of it and it's just so diddy and tiny. I'm sure the DS Lite is bigger...

When it comes to the colours and the depths as well, 3DS XL wins it by a country mile. It can't be just me because my mate noticed the same thing as well. Maybe it's to do with screen size?

After using the XL (still getting used to the size), the normal 3DS seems diddy in my hands now

My friend I work with has bought an XL and is selling his 3ds. He just text me saying he's literally had about 5 questions since he listed his original model on eBay (about 2 hours ago) with people asking what firmware is installed on the console?

He said people were only interested in models with firmware of less than 4 or something?! Most random thing ever. Anyone got any idea why they'd be asking that?!

My friend I work with has bought an XL and is selling his 3ds. He just text me saying he's literally had about 5 questions since he listed his original model on eBay (about 2 hours ago) with people asking what firmware is installed on the console?

He said people were only interested in models with firmware of less than 4 or something?! Most random thing ever. Anyone got any idea why they'd be asking that?!

The 3DS flash cards only work on firmware 4.5 or lower. They've gotten around the region lock so units with older firmware are probably in high demand now. Upsell, upsell, upsell.

Not that I'm promoting piracy or anything.

Ooohh interesting. I'll let him know - thanks!

No wonder everyone was going cray cray then. Damn.

Any of them 3ds' you're hording (sorry, owning :heh: ) with the necessary firmware Ike?! You could make a tidy profit! :D

Urgh in other news - how I wish I was in America right now:

Mario & Luigi 3DS XL Is On Sale For Only $149.99 On Walmart.com

http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/01/mario-luigi-3ds-xl-sale-149-99-walmart-com/

3ds_xl_silver_mario__luigi_edition-2-656x400-492x300.jpg

149.99 with Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Amazing - nice XL too.

Lol! Checked my original 3DS and it's on version 6. My original XL is on 5... so nope probably not, the special editions will have the latest version at the time.

Shame. I could have sold them and use the profits to import the DQMJ2 3DS XL.

Felt all nostalgic using the original 3DS again, kinda missing it now. :'(

Felt all nostalgic using the original 3DS again, kinda missing it now. :'(

No way - I was the same this evening. So now we have no system transfer limit anymore - BAM. Peachies back. :yay:

I just love me some original 3DS goodness. So for at least 7 days I have to use my Peach 3DS - which I'm more than fine with. :D

Everything just looks a lot crisper. Especially Sonic 1 which is just :heart:

I intend to play through this again tomorrow as on my last play through I missed 1 emerald... but it was annoying as on Scrap Brain Zone I finished act 1 with more than 50 rings - but no hoop at the end. :wtf:

I was like 'Whut'? So I couldn't get the last one. Does it normally do that?!

From what I remember it did that in the original. I figured it was because your in Dr. Robotnik's domain.

I have asked this a million times, but I keep forgetting... :blush:

Are UK 3DS games playable on my German 3DS?

If yes, I will import Bravely Default from Shopto now.

I have asked this a million times, but I keep forgetting... :blush:

Are UK 3DS games playable on my German 3DS?

If yes, I will import Bravely Default from Shopto now.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think so.

There shouldn't be any restrictions between European markets of 3DS. For Example, I can play UK-imported games with my Finland-bought 3DS just fine.

Yup. All EU region 3DS consoles are the same. Australia is part of our region too BTW, so AU region games work on UK 3DS's and vice versa.

The same applies to all Nintendo consoles, even as far back as the NES.

The same applies to all Nintendo consoles, even as far back as the NES.

Actually, NES had such a thing, A and B regions for European market. A was used in Britain and Italy (also called Mattel-region) while B was used in everywhere else.

Actually, NES had such a thing, A and B regions for European market. A was used in Britain and Italy (also called Mattel-region) while B was used in everywhere else.

Oh really? I never actually knew that! :o

I knew that there was a Mattel version of the console, but I didn't know it was region locked!

Rune Factory 4 has been cancelled for Europe.

“We regret to inform you that the European release of Rune Factory 4 for Nintendo 3DS has been cancelled.

While MarvelousAQL has made every effort to secure the title’s release for this territory, it is, unfortunately, not possible to do so at this time.

MAQL and MAQL Europe would like to thank everyone for their support and enthusiasm for their European releases. Please look forward to announcements on new MAQL titles over the coming months.”

Rune Factory 4 has been cancelled for Europe.

That blows.

If only we had a device which wasnt region locked.

SMT IV where are you?

Nintendo Pocket Football has been trademarked over here.... Hopefully it'll be close now! Can't wait for that!!! Nintendo does Champ Manager? Oh yes!

I have lost my Pal 3DS. Can someone please advise me on how I can get all my downloaded software back if I buy a new one. Will Nintendo help me or are my games gone forever.

I have lost my Pal 3DS. Can someone please advise me on how I can get all my downloaded software back if I buy a new one. Will Nintendo help me or are my games gone forever.

You have to get a crime report number for starters I think.

If only Nintendo had a decent account system like everyone else.

You have to get a crime report number for starters I think.

If only Nintendo had a decent account system like everyone else.

My girlfriend had her 3DS stolen last month, made an enquiry with Nintendo and they wanted a copy of the police report, the serial number of the console (luckily that is on the box which wasn't stolen!) and a proof of purchase for the console before they would review whether they would reinstate the purchase history to a new unit. With that sent to them she still hasn't heard anything back a few weeks later.

In other words with the current lack of account system I wouldn't hold out much hope for getting your downloads back!:mad:

I also heard you need proof of a crime to get it back. Saying you lost it is very unlikely to work I think.