NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

It's not really a surprise about the servers not being able to handle things. Poor Wii U with it's (kind estimate of) 4.5m units against a mighty 45 million units from the 3DS. The server room must have been screaming away.

What a screw up....wonder if Microsoft will have such problems when they enable real player names in Xbox One...

Yeah, because neither Sony or Microsoft had any issues with load on their online systems this past month.

Oh wait... :p

Yeah, because neither Sony or Microsoft had any issues with load on their online systems this past month.

Exactly and that wasn't acceptable so why should this be....

Exactly and that wasn't acceptable so why should this be....

referee.gif

referee.gif

Was just saying, this sort of thing is expected with launches and rollouts.

That had 1m+ on trying to hook things up. This has many more. Simple mathematics.

What are ye guys doing when ye try to open the eShop on 3DS?

I would open it and it would seem to be stuck on the loading screen for ages, after a few mins of not even getting an error I just assumed it was stuck and turned off my WiFi which then let me go back to the Home Menu. If you are having the same problem I think I know why.

But after dinner noticed I had a Spotpass Notification on my 3DS which was titled "Service Disruptions"

It said

"We are aware that some users are experiencing issues accessing Nintendo eShop at the moment.

This is due to the fact it has become possible to link a Nintendo Network ID with a 3DS System. When Nintendo eShop is started for the first time after linkage, the previous account activity is transferred to the NNID. Because more simultaneous transfer proccesses are taking place than anticipated, some users are experiencing disruptions to Nintendo eShop.

We are working on resolving these issues as quickly as possible and would like to apologies"

That bolded bit had me thinking, maybe when I thought it was "hanging" on the load screen it was actually trying to do this transfer and it was just taking its sweet time.

So I turned on my eShop again, got to the loading screen, sure enough it seemed to take ages again...left it for about 5-6 minutes and then it kicked into life and started working just fine.

Seems it just takes it's time to transfer the original accounts eShop activity to the NNID account, which it is probably pulling the original info from the 3DS console itself (since activity was linked to hardware and not an account) which required it be connected online to do this. The time taken may just vary depending on how much you've downloaded?

My eShop now works fine and I was able to download the update for Streetpass Plaza too after sorting the eShop out (don't see any differences in it though?)

Mine did take ages to connect before it finally worked so you might be right.

Streetplaza update is just for the shop to buy the new games so it works with the NNID.

Just managed to get on the 3DS eShop now. It got stuck on the loading screen for about 3 minutes.

Ok this Mario 3D Land promotion that's going on. Register a game and 3DS to get a free digital copy of Mario.

Well I've registered my Zelda 3DS and downloaded the copy of the game which counts towards the free game but I just read my club Nintendo account needed to be linked to my 3DS for atleast 24 hours before downloading Zelda for it to appear on my registered games list and well it wasn't. Maybe 15 minutes tops before downloading Zelda so now I'm thinking I'm screwed. Anyone done this and still got the deal?

I called Nintendo and asked them to add a game I bought on the eShop before linking my account and they very politely told me to go "do one".

Good luck though. Time seems to be on your side here at least.

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost

Ok this Mario 3D Land promotion that's going on. Register a game and 3DS to get a free digital copy of Mario.

Well I've registered my Zelda 3DS and downloaded the copy of the game which counts towards the free game but I just read my club Nintendo account needed to be linked to my 3DS for atleast 24 hours before downloading Zelda for it to appear on my registered games list and well it wasn't. Maybe 15 minutes tops before downloading Zelda so now I'm thinking I'm screwed. Anyone done this and still got the deal?

They shafted me too as I bought Luigi's mansion 2 and registered that manually, I then e-shop bought both DKC Returns and Animal Crossing (to get a free 4th game). After they didn't appear on my ID, I contacted them asking for a resolution. It turns out that somehow my 3DS had unlinked from my ID when I checked It. Because of this I sent proof of purchase (images), and asked them to help find me an amicable solution as I hadn't unlinked the system myself. They said they couldn't do anything.

I sent them a letter saying that as a loyal customer I was appalled by their limiting online system and lack of compassion towards a user who had spent a lot of money toward these promotions. I also asked if they could reach an agreement with me to ensure satisfaction on both parts.

In short, they didn't give a damn as the response I got was useless. This was also from the manager as I had asked for it to be passed to someone who manages such enquiries. :nono:

Edited by tapedeck

In the end I didn't have to do anything, Zelda appeared in my registered games list not 10 minutes ago. Currently downloading Mario. Thanks for the input.

That's it I've decided I hate being a Nintendo gamer...

I've recently acquired a 3DS XL and am looking to buy some more games for it. And it's ridiculous, I know Nintendo games hold their value well, but seriously Mario Kart 7 (a game that is TWO years old!) Is still going for £30.99 on Amazon, same for all the games I want... :(

Seriously give a hard-up guy a chance!

New communities added for Japan. Probably will be added for the west later

Fire Emblem Awakening

Kid Icarus Uprising

Nintendogs + Cats

PilotWings Resort

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Star Fox 64 3D

Mario Tennis

Pocket Soccer

Culdecept

Nintendogs + Cats
Hehehe... I can't wait for that one. "Where's the SpotPass for Europe, Nintendo?" :laughing:

New communities added for Japan. Probably will be added for the west later

Fire Emblem Awakening

Kid Icarus Uprising

Nintendogs + Cats

PilotWings Resort

Star Fox 64 3D

Mario Tennis

Pocket Soccer

Culdecept

I wouldn't mind a Steel Diver one. I've just started playing it and want to rant about how tripe the game is. :D

FE:A and KI:U getting its community would be a good excuse for me to start playing them again. ;)

Europe has had a load added

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

FIFA 14

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Pilotwings Resort

Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Mario Tennis Open

Star Fox 64 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

FIFA 14

Pilotwings Resort

Mario Tennis Open

Star Fox 64 3D

BAH! I just played through Starfox the other day as well. :(

Having Miiverse and all these communities on the 3DS has got me back playing on it!

FIFA 14

Pilotwings Resort

Mario Tennis Open

Star Fox 64 3D

FABULOUS!!! :hehe:

Yeah I still have so much to do on kid Icarus and starfox actually. Might get back into them!

I wish there were communities for the Sega 3D classics, I want to post some screenshots from Ecco! :p